shape
carat
color
clarity

Just for fun - Cake 1 year later?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Haven - that''s hysterical! I guess he really liked the cake....
9.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
This thread is making me want cake.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
The thought of eating one-year-old cake makes me a little sick. My baker said she''d make us a little 6" cake on our anniversary, but we don''t live there anymore so I doubt we''ll do it. Good luck to everyone who eats their old cake!
3.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:05:52 PM
Author: musincy
The thought of eating one-year-old cake makes me a little sick. My baker said she''d make us a little 6'' cake on our anniversary, but we don''t live there anymore so I doubt we''ll do it. Good luck to everyone who eats their old cake!
3.gif
I never met a cake I didn''t love.... old or not!
3.gif
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The top layer is patiently waiting in the freezer for our anniversary in 12 days (!!). My mom wrapped it up really well while we were on our honeymoon, I can't wait to see if it survived! I don't think I ate more than one bite at the wedding.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i had some friends who did this, one bite and they threw it out!
3.gif

i went to another wedding where the couple cut the top layer of the cake for the actual cake cutting, i was so shocked, i guess they didn''t know about that tradition

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
D''s mam had a bbq for us the next day so any cake that was left over from the wedding was eaten then. We''re going to go back to the cake shop and get them to make a small cake for us for our 1st year anniversary.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
We left for our honeymoon the next morning, so my lovely mom packaged up the top layer and is storing it her deep freezer for us! There was some cake left over from the bottom layer as well, so she sliced that all and wrapped each piece and froze them individually. We just ate the last piece a week ago, and it tasted fine being 2 months old so I''d imagine our cake top will be fine in 10 more months.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
We ordered way too much cake and ended up taking home the entire top tier and some pieces of the sheet cake (we had a 3 tier cake with an extra sheet cake). We weren''t planning on saving the top tier because the bakery we ordered our cake from will make us a new one on our anniversary, but they didn''t cut it, so we took it home. It was small for a top tier, and we ended up eating the whole thing in the two weeks between our wedding and honeymoon...
7.gif
3.gif
It was kahlua flavored and was AMAZING! Our wedding cake is honestly the best cake I''ve ever had in my life.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had TONS of cupcakes (about 2 for every 1 guest) so we had a decent amount left over. So I saved 1 each of the 4 flavors I liked (carrot cake, coconut, red velvet and yellow batter-I skipped the chocolate) and put them in a Tupperware container in the freezer to eat on our 1 year anniversary. I also ate a few the day after my wedding, and then my twin sister took them to my parents house after we left for the honeymoon, where my family devoured them immediately.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Year-old cake...eeeew! I SO don''t want to do this. But the husband insists because it''s "tradition." All I can say is if I stop posting after May 10, 2010, I''ve died of cake poisoning!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine eats that REALLY old "historic" cake from Peterman's office and he catches her dancing around and eating it on tape.

She seemed to enjoy it, and it had been sitting around for much longer than one year.
3.gif

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 11:06:27 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Year-old cake...eeeew! I SO don''t want to do this. But the husband insists because it''s ''tradition.'' All I can say is if I stop posting after May 10, 2010, I''ve died of cake poisoning!
Haha, I can only imagine. I figure it''s going to be in a deep-freeze for a year, so I''m really not too worried about getting sick from it. I''m more worried about being disappointed with a delicious wedding cake that is freezerburned! That would be sad.

I''m so excited for cake. Year-old cake.
18.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Hurricane Gustav destroyed our topper a mere month after we were married. We were out of power for 10 days, so a melted cake was all that was left...
20.gif

Oh well, we''ll just open an extra special bottle of wine this weekend! My behind doesn''t need cake anyways!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We kept ours! It was good except we thawed it out upside down and we had some frosting stuck in the container issues, lol. We ate it anyway and it was great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results