shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you not receive some gifts that your registry says were purchased?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
We have several things that we registered for that were apparently purchased, but we never received them! Has that happened to you? The gifts were fairly expensive, and we weren''t sure anyone would buy them, so we were really excited when the registries said they were purchased. We just realized that we don''t actually have them. How weird. I don''t think they''re being shipped to us either, because they were gone back in April!

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Musincy, I''ve actually heard of this happening quite a bit in other threads/forums, but I''m not sure if it happened to me. I actually stopped looking at my registries once the shower was over, but I agree that it''s weird to purchase the item for yourself, but have it taken off of the registry as fulfilled. Granted, maybe it was where an item was misplaced? Or forgotten about? Or even USED by accident and then never REplaced? Or maybe someone just decided they liked it so much they wanted to keep it...but still, that''s bad taste to leave it on the registry as fulfilled. :-\ Then you don''t get the discounts at the end if you decide to finish off your registry!! (Like I got a BBB 10% coupon for everything left on our registry)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We only have one thing. It was purchased last September and never arrived, so when we got back from our honeymoon (end of October) I emailed the girl who bought it saying I wanted to thank her and let her know that it hadn''t arrived, in case she had shipped it to us. I was worried it had gotten lost in the mail.

I didn''t hear anything back until almost a month later, when she emailed me saying that she''s bought us a wedding gift and it was still sitting in her living room. No acknowledgment of my earlier email. I''ve seen her three times since then, and every time she just says "I still have your wedding gift!" and laughs about it. No "can I send it to you?" or "could you pick it up sometime?" just, "I still have it." I''m not sure what she expects me to do about that, and I feel pretty silly calling her up to ask if I can come pick up my gift
3.gif
lol. Awkward.

It was certainly nice of her to buy us a gift, but it''s been almost a year and we''re still without it (I wouldn''t normally care, but it''s 1/2 of our bowl set, so we''re just doing without our bowls...), and no good way to go about getting it from her because she doesn''t volunteer options... and the ball certainly is in her court as far as getting it to us.

Weird situation.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
It is very weird. I haven''t heard anything about them. We don''t want to buy them for ourselves in case someone ships them to us, but it''s been a while!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remember, people have a year to send you gifts. Some people like to give them in person, so you could randomly get them over the course of the next year or how ever many months.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 4:19:23 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Remember, people have a year to send you gifts. Some people like to give them in person, so you could randomly get them over the course of the next year or how ever many months.
Just wanted to point out that this is a widespread wedding myth. Gifts should be sent to the bride''s home before the wedding (or brought to the wedding, if that''s what is accepted in your social circle).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to point out that gifts are not obligatory and there''s nothing wrong with gifts arriving after the fact.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! This happened to us! Our registry says that the old fashioned ice cream maker we registered for was purchased. I remember stalking my registry before the wedding...
11.gif
and I think it was purchased a few weeks before the wedding (which was 6/26) and we still haven''t received it... I wonder if someone decided to keep it since they couldn''t come to the wedding? I wish they would''ve sent it though! Homemade ice cream in this 105 degree Sacramento heat would be marvelous!!!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results