shape
carat
color
clarity

Who did you buy albums for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We haven''t ordered albums (suggestions appreciated for places to purchase really high quality, but affordable ones) yet. But I do need to get on that.

We''re getting each of our parent''s small albums, and my grandparent''s (since the photography was their gift to us) a larger one (they can''t see very well). I''m also wanting one for ourselves.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t done mine yet either- I am also interested to hear.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I hated my professional pictures from the wedding, but the photographer has already been paid (in advance unfortunately) for albums for my mom, dad, in-laws, and DH and I so we have to get albums for all of the above with those pictures.

I recently took "new" wedding pictures with DH with another photographer (a wonderful birthday present from DH) and I absolutely love how those came out, but our original photographer won''t use them in our wedding album if it''s from another photographer, so we plan on making another separate album just for ourselves with those pictures. If anyone has suggestions of how we can get a nice album with those I would love to hear them!! We''ll probably also print them out (just from Snapfish or something online) and give them to our parents and grandparents if they want to frame any or maybe we''ll just buy small photo albums and put the pictures inside for each of them too.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got one with our photography package (even though we didn''t really care about/want one, the digital negs were all we were after), but didn''t order any others. Should we get them for parents and such? My MOH might want one, but I sincerely doubt anyone else would.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think we''re going to do a set for each set of parents with an 8X10 print for the frame we gave them. I''m going to do our album online and will do theirs there are well.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
One large album comes with our package, and we''ll probably get a small one for each of our sets of parents. Other than that, everyone can order their own prints from pictage!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Our album came with our package, then we bought two smaller ones for our parents.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
We decided to do albums for our parents and grandparents, but we didn''t order them from the photographer. If anyone has any suggestions for places to get them, I''d love to hear.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to do coffe table book style albums. I heard someone mention M-pics a while back, but I don''t know anything about them and haven''t looked into it at all .

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I don''t even have one.
face20.gif

vintagecushion

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking of assembling the albums myself. Do most people get them done professionally? In that case, I need recommendations too.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:46:26 PM
Author: Gypsy
I want to do coffe table book style albums. I heard someone mention M-pics a while back, but I don''t know anything about them and haven''t looked into it at all .
We''re ordering the traditional album from our photographer, but I''d like to do a coffee table book too.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a few albums made by Shutterfly based on my TTD pics and gave them to my parents and DH''s parents. They turned out nice, especially given the price.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:46:26 PM

I did parent albums using mypublisher.com since they have the buy one get one free all the time.

Quality was excellent for the price - I would get one for myself using that company!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Say no to Mpix - took four reprintings before the color was right.

We did our books through MyPublisher via the Costco website. They ended up being about $25 each with 30 pages.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 1:14:31 AM
Author: EricaR

We did our books through MyPublisher via the Costco website. They ended up being about $25 each with 30 pages.
SOLD. Seriously.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 1:48:04 PM

Date: 7/23/2009 1:14:31 AM
Author: EricaR

SOLD. Seriously.
No kidding... $25?! Worth a try.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Well... we had one larger album included in our package from our photog... but she charges 600$ for each parent album... which we can''t really afford - so I am thinking of using mypublisher.com. I used them for my engagement photos and I was REALLY impressed. They''re higher end albums with leather cover are about 70$ and I think they are having a promotion right now that is 2 for the price of 1!

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 5:02:50 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I had a few albums made by Shutterfly based on my TTD pics and gave them to my parents and DH''s parents. They turned out nice, especially given the price.

I recommend Shutterfly as well, you can do a search for comparable photobooking/scrapbooking websites and Shutterfly was definitely in the top three last time I looked. Their photobooks are pretty high quality and comes in several sizes, the good thing about them is that the editing tools are super easy to use, and they have a lot of sales e.g. order photobook get free prints type of thing. I bought an 8x8 one (20 pages, multiple pictures per page) with a softcover for $20

I didn''t order an album as part of my photo package, too expensive
2.gif
, I''m making one, I already put one together for our dating anniversary, and DH proposed, so I suspect it had something to do with seeing pictures of all the things we did and places we''ve been together
12.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kind of a long answer:

My mom ordered an album for my parents but only because she got around to it before we did. My MIL expressed wanting to order a few photos from our photographer but I don''t know that she ever did.

We got married a year ago and we haven''t ordered/bought one single picture or album. At first we were lazy about it and then my husband lost his job, so that wasn''t really a priority. Now that he''s working again, it''s on my mind, but we''re not in a hurry. Our photographer doesn''t get rid of her clients'' photos after a certain period of time so we''re in no rush. I''m actually thinking that we won''t end up getting an actual album. I think we''d just buy a few photos at a time and display them somewhere. We actually don''t have much in the way of personal photographs in our house so we don''t feel like we''re missing much by not having an album.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
We got 4x6 proof prints for every picture that our photographer edited (about 375) that I think I will just put into a nice album. I plan on getting a few of the more artistic shots blown up for our walls. We also received all of the digital negatives, of edited photos AND the "rejects."

I want to make coffee table books (probably from My Publisher because I like their software the best) for our parents for Christmas or maybe just a wedding thank you gift (still have yet to get them one).

I think I might make a few prints for my friends. After the last wedding I was in I received a nice frame with a shot of just me and the bride for Christmas/Thank You.

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Our package included all digital images on a portable zip drive, online hosting for year, all negatves and one album.

I am planning on using mypublisher or shutterfly to make our parents albums for Christmas/Channukah

violet02

Ideal_Rock
We did My Publisher books.

One for each set of parents and one for my grandmother. That was it. What''s cool is the My Publisher book is online now and people can either flip through it or order their own from the site if they really really want one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results