clarity

Perfume...

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much guys
21.gif
im looking on the Caron website now - oh my they''re intriguing
30.gif
Im going to see if i can track them down for a try!

Another new one im trying out a sampler of is Clarins Eau Tranquility

Oh and i recently got a solid perfume from Crazy Libellule and the Poppies which is nice (again, doesnt last!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2009 8:33:17 PM
Author: Blackpaw
Thanks so much guys
21.gif
im looking on the Caron website now - oh my they''re intriguing
30.gif
Im going to see if i can track them down for a try!

Another new one im trying out a sampler of is Clarins Eau Tranquility

Oh and i recently got a solid perfume from Crazy Libellule and the Poppies which is nice (again, doesnt last!)
I really HATE that when a perfume doesn''t last....
emotion-39.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Me too
38.gif
who has time to be reapplying perfume during the day?

Ive found though it seems to be the niche brands and the classics that still hold their scent...which is why we should always buy quality
12.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2009 12:30:25 AM
Author: Blackpaw
Me too
38.gif
who has time to be reapplying perfume during the day?

Ive found though it seems to be the niche brands and the classics that still hold their scent...which is why we should always buy quality
12.gif
True! One thing though I find Serge Lutens dies quickly on me with the niche brands...
39.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
NTM who wants to ruin perfume by carrying it around all the time????

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
someone needs to explain why people like Angel so much......
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2009 10:15:16 AM
Author: dragonfly411
33.gif
Chemistry I think....If it works for you then it becomes a soft, comforting chocolatey caramel, candyfloss yummy cloud!
30.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
It''s a no for me I''m afraid. It started out really strong, turned to a pepper and berry type that was extremely overwhelming and gave me a headache and is now gone completely.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I tried Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche today and it was quite pleasant. Didn''t seem to last long on my arm, though, but very summery.
Don''t know how I overlooked that one before, but I did like it a lot.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 7:03:29 PM
Author: diamondsrock
I tried Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche today and it was quite pleasant. Didn''t seem to last long on my arm, though, but very summery.
Don''t know how I overlooked that one before, but I did like it a lot.
Haven''t tried that one but I would like to. I can''t get on with the original Chance, perfume reviewers Turin and Sanchez have said " avoid this one unless you are dating Piltdown Man...."
23.gif
9.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 11:06:11 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
Ooh I love perfume! Here is a few of my favorites at the moment. Dolce & Gabbana- The One
I am so into this one right now!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any other Jo Malone fans? I'm fully obsessed with their orange blossom scent... I only discovered it recently, and it's horrible timing because my husband just bought me a BIG bottle of my other fave (Scent of Peace by Bond no. 9) last valentine's day. Otherwise I'd go get the Jo Malone
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 2:07:36 PM
Author: omieluv

Date: 7/6/2009 11:06:11 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
Ooh I love perfume! Here is a few of my favorites at the moment. Dolce & Gabbana- The One
I am so into this one right now!
I have seen testers for this, will have a wee sniff next time.

Musey I know IrishGirl, AmberGretchen and Skippers bought each a Jo Malone set recently, I seem to remember the rose and lime blossom were faves. I need to investigate the Bonds but don''t get into cities where there are stores carrying them very often.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:15:16 AM
Author: dragonfly411
33.gif

*hurl*
14.gif

Angel and Cool Water are two of my all time LEAST favorites!!!

A few years ago a PSer got me on the Bond No. 9 bandwagon and I''ve been hooked ever since. For a long time I bought the little samples from beautycafe.com because I couldn''t afford to buy an entire bottle. This past winter I finally broke down and bought a bottle of New York Fling, only to start working for a company with a no fragrance policy. So I''ve worn it only a handful of times since. I store it in my fridge...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I will have to try the above mentioned Chanel

Lorelei - I had Chance but not sure it was the original? Anyways I still plan to wear in cool weather but Don''t wear it in the heat is all I can say.

I really want to explore Jo Malone and Bond but am thinking that my next adventure is going to be in Penhaligon''s after I get through getting the Caron''s I want.

Lorelei - I received contact back from Diane but she didn''t say anything about French Can Can. I''m planning to call Monday to talk to her about which one I want to get next though
27.gif

As to Angel I agree... HURL. It was not pleasant on me, and I had to take a shower when I got home.
39.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 3:39:39 PM
Author: musey
Any other Jo Malone fans? I''m fully obsessed with their orange blossom scent... I only discovered it recently, and it''s horrible timing because my husband just bought me a BIG bottle of my other fave (Scent of Peace by Bond no. 9) last valentine''s day. Otherwise I''d go get the Jo Malone
30.gif
I am a Jo Malone junkie! I have quite a few scents. I love them. I have never tried Orange Blossom! I''ll have to give it a go! I really love Jasmine and Mint! And Grapefruit...I even put it on before bed!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I could have sworn there was another thread like this not too long ago...but, I am addicted to Tiffany Pure (especially for summer months, as the scent is very light) and for winter I like Cartier Delices (it is perfect for fall and winter).

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 12:03:35 AM
Author: Miranda

Any other Jo Malone fans? I''m fully obsessed with their orange blossom scent... I only discovered it recently, and it''s horrible timing because my husband just bought me a BIG bottle of my other fave (Scent of Peace by Bond no. 9) last valentine''s day. Otherwise I''d go get the Jo Malone
30.gif
I am a Jo Malone junkie! I have quite a few scents. I love them. I have never tried Orange Blossom! I''ll have to give it a go! I really love Jasmine and Mint! And Grapefruit...I even put it on before bed!
Oh you should try it!
30.gif
Our neighbor has 8 orange trees and when they bloom, oh brother... hubs and I just want to lay under the window and breathe!!!! When I spied "orange blossom" on that label I about died.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif

You and I are perfume twins! Those are my two favorites. I am really loving the Jo Malone for summer.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a shame Diane didn''t mention about the French Cancan DF...Maybe if you think of it you could ask her?

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I usually wear Very Irresistible (Givenchy), which I LOVE
30.gif
(DH likes it, too!
31.gif
).

I''m also pretty obsessed with Lolita Lempika and Pure Poison (Dior), and *cringe* Britney Spears''s Curious scent (don''t judge; DH says I smell like candy).
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2009 3:46:11 PM
Author: DearBuddha
30.gif
(DH likes it, too!
31.gif
).

I''m also pretty obsessed with Lolita Lempika and Pure Poison (Dior), and *cringe* Britney Spears''s Curious scent (don''t judge; DH says I smell like candy).
3.gif
Oh don''t worry - no judging! If it smells good and works for you I am all for it!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - I''ll make sure to do so. I''m kindof reviewing to see what I want RIGHT NOW lol.

I don''t judge the celebrity scents until I smell them, mainly because I might end up liking one. I don''t think ALL celebrity scents are bad. I don''t like the fad, I''ll admit that, it makes it seem too easy to get involved, and some perfumes really are a) a science b) an art. But in the case of some, they might end up being quite pleasant.

I have an off brand perfume called Cowgirl Chic. It is no Caron by any means. But on days when I need a pick me up and really want something girly, I pull it out.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been wearing Notorious by Ralph Lauren for a while now and I do love it but it doesn''t last. I also have:

Prada, Prada
CoCo Mademoiselle, Chanel
Light Blue, Dolce & Gabanna
Poison, Christian Dior
Shalimar, Guerlain
and the dreaded Angel, Thierry Mugler

I''ve been somewhat drifting along since my beloved Volage Perfume was discontinued......sob.
39.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I have two amazing perfumes at the moment (Both gifts from BF- he has amazing taste).
1) Cinema by Yves Saint Laurent with matching lotion and shower gel - Nice light summery sent, picked because I am a sucker for vanilla in perfume. I like how light it is without being too floral.
2) Unlimited by Diesel- yummy and heavy enough to be my winter favorate without being musky.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2009 3:46:11 PM
Author: DearBuddha
30.gif
(DH likes it, too!
31.gif
).
This used to be my everyday perfume, I loved it but haven''t tryed it for some time.

And a agree with many of you, Angel and I do not get along at all! ICK!
38.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I ordered two new bottles yesterday !!! Caron Aimez Moi and Caron Miguet Du Bonheur
36.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
My Aimez Moi arrived yesterday
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Sooo pretty. I smell good today hehe. I was in TB yesterday, but you know how it is with new perfume, you have to wear it. I''ll have to take pics of all three together when the Muguet du Bonheur arrives, I''m thinking it will today
36.gif
36.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, I couldnt even remember that many names or how to pronounce some of them! You girls really seem to know your stuff.

Any opinions on Bond no 9 Lexington avenue. I bought it when I went to America. Its a yummy (as in sweet caramel type yummy) smell. Im sure its not of any interest to the opposite sex, its not sexy or alluring or even adult, but for some reason I cant stop wanting to smell it on my wrist all day. It seems to give me a thrill. It almost reminds me of a scented oil. I bought Peace too but it smells really simple to me. Both are in pretty star bottles and are not sold in Aust.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Here is the complete collection. Tabac Blond, Aimez Moi, Muguet du Bonheur. To the left are the samples that they''ve sent and as you can see, there are several books as well.

caron collection.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results