shape
carat
color
clarity

What is a "PS Vendor" ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
It has come to our attention that “PS Vendor” is a term used many times over, but not really understood.  It is not an official term and probably has many different meaning to everyone. Although we do not feel we can really define it and most likely not everyone will agree to one version of it, we thought explaining what types of vendors are on Pricescope might help people create a better understanding.

There are three ways a vendor will appear on Pricescope:

1. "Featured Sponsors" are featured companies we have allowed to run paid advertisements on Pricescope.
We thoroughly assess each individual request from companies to advertise on Pricescope and allow those we feel will best serve the needs of the community. 
These companies follow the exact same policies on our forum as any other trade member. 

We are very proud of the fact that many of these vendors have taken the time to post on the forums and continue to provide educational content and industry expertise. 

Although we are a consumer advocacy site and these vendors do not get any additional privileges, we are thankful to them for supporting through paid advertising, which in turn, allows us to improve the site for everyone.

2. “Posting Vendors” are those who write posts and generally include a company link in their signature. 
We allow anyone to post and provide educational content, as long as it is within the forum policies. 
To maintain the integrity of the forums, all trade members are expected to follow regular forum policies as well as those specifically for trade members section.

3. “Local Jeweler List” is a courtesy service. Vendors are added on request - after we look at the company’s basic operation, their website and their BBB status.
It is a free list and provided so members can see companies in their area who have volunteered awareness of Pricescope.

There is not an official “PS Vendor” list but all vendors are represented in one of the above ways or a combination of them. 

Our goal is to provide the consumer with a variety of viable options for purchasing diamonds and jewelry.  We have absolutely no bias to any one vendor.  Each comes to Pricescope on equal ground. The differences between vendors arise through the effort and commitment each dedicates to the consumers.  Reputations are made through a good rapport with the community and their success depends on how well they relate and respond to consumers. While we make every attempt to protect the consumer by assessing each vendor that we allow to advertise on Pricescope, we can’t guarantee the best match with any one vendor. For this reason, the best vendors are grown organically through their efforts on the forum and through their customer service.  By posting on the forums, members are better able to match themselves with the product/service that they find useful.  The most successful vendors have proven themselves over time by interacting with consumers and making a commitment to provide the best service.  They have passed the test of consumer scrutiny and continue to evolve and grow along with the community.  We feel that this organic approach is the most beneficial for both vendors and consumers and we are happy to be able to provide this unique platform to the members of Pricescope.

Hopefully this clarifies the status of vendors and how each is represented on the forums.

-Andrey

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 1:17:46 PM
Author:PS Admin

The most successful vendors have proven themselves over time by interacting with consumers and making a commitment to provide the best service. They have passed the test of consumer scrutiny and continue to evolve and grow along with the community.
Makes sense to me...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Andrey, very good info.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for addressing this question. I appreciate that the PS Administrators have vetted the "featured vendors" who advertise on PS. (As an aside, it's nice to have terminology to use when we refer to the various professionals who participate in Pricescope!) As one who is just starting to delve into the mysteries of what gives gemstones, particularly diamonds, their unique beauty, I also want to mention how impressed I've been with the many "posting vendors" who are share their insights and expertise on PS.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Andrey, good to hear about your view of #3 above...

Date: 7/3/2009 1:17:46 PM
Author:PS Admin

3. “Local Jeweler List” is a courtesy service. Vendors are added on request - after we look at the company’s basic operation, their website and their BBB status.
It is a free list and provided so members can see companies in their area who have volunteered awareness of Pricescope.
...and you may be bringing these resources forward in a different fashion than had been originally thought about...as is your right. I think the intent of your predecessors may have been to include 2 different sorts of local Vendors lists, both of which are still reachable....

a) one (perhaps) at their own request, as you say, but at the link you can reach when you go to Resources at the top right, then Appraisers, and then to the bottom of the page where the link just says: Jewelers...here, and then, as you say...

b) a Local Jewelers list, but this one originally arrived at based on Pricescope readers and writers making recommendations only...reached again by going to Resources, and then Local Jewelers. That is the link you''ve displayed for #3. The thread describing its original design concept is here.

Just a thought...in the same way that your readers have taken it upon themselves to create passels of emoticons, here, and I think there are captains for other parts of Pricescope, too, you might consider seeking a volunteer to corral the various (and continuous) recommendations of local vendors that are made here, to bring forward and continue the idea of consumer advocacy that was original with list b...

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks Andrey, I think this is a clarification which has been needed here on PS for quite some time. I did not realize that the local jewelers portion of the vendor listings (#3) was simply "by request" and think that it is important for PS Shoppers to know that those vendors might not have been subject to the same scrutiny that Featured Vendors and Posting Vendors are subject to via the forum.

tallchickbarbara

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 9:58:07 AM
Author: Todd Gray
Thanks Andrey, I think this is a clarification which has been needed here on PS for quite some time. I did not realize that the local jewelers portion of the vendor listings (#3) was simply ''by request'' and think that it is important for PS Shoppers to know that those vendors might not have been subject to the same scrutiny that Featured Vendors and Posting Vendors are subject to via the forum.

Or praise... let''s not forget praise as well!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results