shape
carat
color
clarity

Speedy/ Increase Hair Growth?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all. Don''t mind the weird title. I just couldn''t figure out how to condense my question...

I recently cut off my relaxed ends and am wearing my hair naturally curly (well their more like coils)..

My hair usually grows the most in the summer, but I am looking to maximize the warm/ humid weather, as my hair tends to break in these dry cold winters.

Are there any NATURAL ways, ie: foods or vitamins, that anyone knows of that will increase or speed up hair growth? (Aside from pre-natals)

Thanks in advance

35.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Avoid heat. Heat is the leading cause of hair damage. Since you have curly hair, you have it easy. If you can avoid defusing it, ironing it--whatever...you''ll see that the overall condition of your hair will be healthier, and because of that fact, you will be able to "keep" the length of your hair without damaging it. While it won''t "speed up" the process...you''ll have less damage to contend with, meaning less will need to be cut off during your routine trims....over time, this method adds up because the more you keep combine with the regular growth equals longer hair overall.

Hair generally grows at a predetermined rate monthly, so while you can alter your body chemistry to enhance this process--it''s not advisable. Sometimes vitamins that seem harmless can actually interupt other medications you may be one...so I''m always really wary when it comes to recommending anything "chemical" to grow hair. Organically,the low heat plan is what I always advised clients in the salon. And if you make a sincere effort, it will work.

Another good technique is to use conditioning treatments with menthol or tingle. Professionally, this is called a scalp treatment. You can have this done at your salon, or do it at home. At home, get a good, thick, professional grade conditioner. Comb it through the length of your hair, and spend time massaging it into your scalp. Warm a damp towel in the microwave, until it''s uncomfortably warm--not hot, but warm/warm. Secure a plastic bag (grocery bags work fine) on your head with all the hair enclosed inside. Wrap the warm towel around the bag to create humidity in the hair allowing the cuticle of the hair to open and receive the conditioner. Let this sit for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove wrapping and rinse. Allow to air dry. Your curls will be amazing, which may motivate you to stay away from the heat.

I will also research different shampoo''s that may help.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Italia, I am looking for a new hairdresser in our town. Are you one of the downtown salons? You always have GREAT advice!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2009 3:14:02 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Italia, I am looking for a new hairdresser in our town. Are you one of the downtown salons? You always have GREAT advice!
Unfortunately, I''m not behind the chair. I used to work downtown, but now I just don''t have the consistant time
7.gif
. I do keep a small salon suite in downtown Naperville, where I see my regular clients who have been with me for years...but I don''t keep regular hours or anything like that, I just see them when they need a cut/color and I have time.

I could recommend a good salon, and even a great stylist if you''d like. Since I''m still pretty involved in the industry, I have the luck to get to know stylists in many different areas of the state and know whose work I really like.

Are you looking for a big salon? Something smaller? What is your price point? Are you looking for departmentialized service?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Shampoo-wise, I''ve been told that dandruff shampoos (like Head & Shoulders) accelerate hair growth. I''m not sure if this is a myth, but I use it once a week anyhow.

(sorry, just read that you were asking for food or vitamin suggestions, but I''ll leave this answer anyhow in case you find it useful!)

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Biotin. It''s the vitamin I always take if my eyebrows have been over plucked or I didn''t like how my hair was trimmed.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/4/2009 3:32:50 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor

Unfortunately, I''m not behind the chair. I used to work downtown, but now I just don''t have the consistant time
7.gif
. I do keep a small salon suite in downtown Naperville, where I see my regular clients who have been with me for years...but I don''t keep regular hours or anything like that, I just see them when they need a cut/color and I have time.

I could recommend a good salon, and even a great stylist if you''d like. Since I''m still pretty involved in the industry, I have the luck to get to know stylists in many different areas of the state and know whose work I really like.

Are you looking for a big salon? Something smaller? What is your price point? Are you looking for departmentialized service?

Sorry to hijack!

I go to River Square Salon Suites, front window, but my regular is good sometimes and ehhh the next, not consistent.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2009 7:58:22 PM

Date: 7/4/2009 3:32:50 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor

7.gif

Sorry to hijack!

I go to River Square Salon Suites, front window, but my regular is good sometimes and ehhh the next, not consistent.
Sorry for the hijack as well.

You know, the inconsistency is probably the number one reason anyone switches a stylist. And I totally appreciate your feelings on this, because my girl (God love her) is much the same way....one time I''ll have a fantastic cut, the next will lukewarm. And I''m sure many of my clients feel much the same way about me. But my "off days" always have a reason behind them...I''m overtired, overstressed, overworked...I''m just performing at peak levels. So I try to remember that when dealing with my stylist. Being in the "service industry" you''d really hope people could "check their life at the door" but it just doesn''t...and like with any job, if you''re having a bad day it probably reflects in your work....it just so happens to be that our work is your hair.

If you''re not happy, then find some place new. But you always have option B...which is to tell her that last time you weren''t happy. While most clients want to avoid stepping on toes...if you make it constructive then there can be no fault. Telling her what was wrong instead of being general about the cut, like "the bangs were too long, and it felt to bulky, but wow was that color great!"...and maybe finding a thing to compliment her on will help the line of communication.

If you want any firm recommendations, let me know!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I take Pantogar for my hair loss. It''s a vitamin and it seems to have helped with arresting my hair loss and also I''ve noticed an increase in underarm hair, LOL.

You might want to ask your dr to see you can take Pantogar if you''re interested.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's nothing that will speed hair growth-only a bunch of myths as far as I know. You can however help keep the hair you grow stronger-which in turn will let it grow longer before it breaks. As Italia said stay away from heat and also try not to put it up in tight ponytails-that can break it too.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My girlfriend who owns a really old fashioned "beauty shop" swears that adding cinnamon to your shampoo will make your hair grow faster, but I''ve never tried it.

Taking Biotin every day (2,000 or 3,000 mgs) does help hair to grow stronger and less likely to breaking. It''s also stopped my hair from falling out (because of hormonal problems). It takes at least six months to see a difference though.

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
Prenatal vitamins really work for me. I started noticing a difference after about two months.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've heard quite a bit about pre-natal vitamins but maybe it's because it is high in Biotin.
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results