shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it me, or is this wildly inappropriate?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

We have a presentation in our Lecture Hall today. I''m the Receptionist, and one of the things I do is help set up projector''s and whatnot. I had already spoken initially with one of the presenters, letting them know that we could help them set up if needed.

15 minutes later I went into the bathroom.

One of the women CAME IN THERE while I was ON THE TOILET to ask me to come help them set up.

Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!?!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
I consider that wildly embarrassing.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Was she a presenter? Professor? Maybe they started to panic?

LOL Yes, it is inappropriate.

But I work in academia and I can tell you first hand, a lot of them are just plain nuts.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
what timing she has

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 10:22:06 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
23.gif
I consider that wildly embarrassing.
That too!!

When I got out I told her that in the future, if I wasn''t at my desk, the other gal could help her out as well.

She looked flustered and said something like, "I''m sorry, I know we all have those moments." I just kind of looked at her. Seriously. I was on the toilet.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 10:23:27 AM
Author: Bia

But I work in academia and I can tell you first hand, a lot of them are just plain nuts.
Nope, nope and nope. LOL. She's from our health department; she's the one that made the reservation. The presentation wasn't starting for another 30 minutes. The gentleman presenting had just arrived and hadn't even started to unpack when I got in there.

ETA: It's a presentation/meeting for several health employees. I work in a government office.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Were there stalls in the bathroom, or was it a regular one person bathroom?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 10:36:21 AM
Author: meresal
Were there stalls in the bathroom, or was it a regular one person bathroom?
Stalls. I was in one. With the door closed.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 10:23:27 AM
Author: Bia

OMG! I couldn''t agree more.
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh! WILDLY inappropriate!

Sorry -- I am not a toilet talker. I like to pretend no one else is in the bathroom when I''m in there.

I HATE when people talk to me when I''m on the toilet, let alone run in there specifically to interrupt my potty time!
29.gif

She would have gotten some serious sarcasm from me.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m with Elle. When I''m in the restroom, I don''t want to talk about anything with anyone. It probably would''ve been better for her to peek her head in the door and ask if everything was ok.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 10:52:11 AM
Author: princessplease
I'm with Elle. When I'm in the restroom, I don't want to talk about anything with anyone. It probably would've been better for her to peek her head in the door and ask if everything was ok.
? I had only been in there for less than a minute, LOL. And there was someone else at the front that could have helped her, LOL.

I'm not a toilet talker either, even when it's a good friend, let alone a complete stranger.
14.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 10:50:34 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Ugh! WILDLY inappropriate!

Sorry -- I am not a toilet talker. I like to pretend no one else is in the bathroom when I''m in there.

I HATE when people talk to me when I''m on the toilet, let alone run in there specifically to interrupt my potty time!
29.gif

She would have gotten some serious sarcasm from me.
There was a bit. I tried to keep it toned down, but seriously.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 10:16:27 AM
Author:geckodani

We have a presentation in our Lecture Hall today. I''m the Receptionist, and one of the things I do is help set up projector''s and whatnot. I had already spoken initially with one of the presenters, letting them know that we could help them set up if needed.

One of the women CAME IN THERE while I was ON THE TOILET to ask me to come help them set up.

wow! how professionally insulting.I would have remindered her that you were in a restroom and that you could talk when you were finished.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gross. I would''ve been P*ssed. Literally.

It''s not you, it was a wildly inappropriate thing for someone to do. Common courtesy/respect/etiquette. People never cease to amaze me with their lack of those three things.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think that is extremely inappropriate and rather impatient of them. You had just gone in, and there is no reason to hunt you down in the restroom, you are entitled to a potty break.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, GROSS!

I honestly have no idea what I would have done. I''m really intolerant of toilet talkers in my personal life, and whenever someone tries to talk to me in the loo I tell them I just can''t do it.

I probably would have told her that if she could wait just a few minutes, I''d be happy to talk with her when I''m finished.

EW. I''m skeeved out.

Related story--a movie theatre employee once waited about a foot outside the stall my mother was in, with broom in hand, to clean it once my mom was finished. When she opened the stall door, she was face-to-face with this employee, and the look on my mom''s face was priceless. I think she said something like "Excuse me, but if you''d like to clean this stall you''ll have to step back so I can remove myself from it, first."
Yuck, yuck, triple yuck.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I dont know what I would have done... that is sooo STRANGE!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
SO inappropriate!

I think I would have just said "Excuse me?" in the most incredulous tone possible, and hoped it hit her like a ton of bricks that she was being totally rude.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks folks. I didn''t think it was just me, LOL.

People have taken rude pills today, I swear. On top of toilet lady:

I was coming in with my hands full, and 2 guys just watched me struggle tp open the door and then WALKED THROUGH IT. Nice.

And then one of my coworkers comes up and picks up the face down unopened magazine on my desk and starts to read it.

I give up, LOL. Today = courtesy FAIL.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, definitely rude.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2009 10:16:27 AM
Author:geckodani

yes! very inappropriate! lol...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results