shape
carat
color
clarity

What strange and quirky things do your pet(s) do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking about my own silly kitties thanks to the B&W kitty thread, and I was wondering what quirky, weird and silly things my kitties do, and hoped that y''all will share.

My little girl Misty gives kitty kisses, and when she kisses, she gives little love bites. She also ''talks'' to you when you talk to her, and she responds to your words and sentences.

Oreo talks as well, and he actually comes when you call him. He also likes to sit on the closed toilet seat when I''m getting ready to go to work. He also will sit outside of the bathroom if the door is closed and cry as loud as he can until you let him in the bathroom.

Checkers likes to do what we call "Checker punches". When you put your fist out, he runs up and head butts your fist. Checkers also likes to sit on shoes; he puts his upper body on shoes so his upper body is supported by the shoes. He also sits with his front legs crossed, like in the picture.

piefeeties.jpg

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Well.. i have 2 burmese cats, Tinka who is 5 can be very very needy, he just cries and cries until you hold him, one day my arm got that heavy that i created a baby sling for him to lie in and he did, for about 3 hours while i cleaned the house.
37.gif
He also loves a bath.

Jet is about 7 months old and he is absolutely OBSESSED with pipe cleaners, you throw them, he fetches and puts it at your feet so you can throw it again, he can also catch it like a person if you throw it to him, he sits on his back legs and catches it in his front paws.
He has also just discovered how to open the doors, he jumps up and holds onto the handle with his weight till it clicks, he then jumps down and pushes it open with his nose.

And both of them talk like crazy.. i think it is the burmese thing, i swear they argue with me!
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dog licks the couch. It''s SUPER weird. She cannot, under any circumstances, be dissuaded from doing it, though.
40.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I laughed when I saw this topic. I''m a "Young and the Restless" watcher from wayyyy back and TIVO it daily. Our little guy (he is my avatar) will come out of nowhere when the them song plays at the shows intro. He will "sing" along with the song til it stops and then he''s done. The only other songs that inspire him are the "Empire Carpet" and "Stanley Steamer" commercials!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
When we first got Zoe she used to steal my husband''s socks and give them to me. I''d be at the computer and then I''d look down and there''d be a huge pile of socks at my feet and an empty sock drawer upstairs.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
My cat Ferris likes to be in the bathroom with you when you''re going. When you''re sitting on the toilet, he likes to rub his face/nibble on your bare thigh. Thats the only time ever does anything like that.

He''s... weird.
20.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Otto (our bunny) has learned to give us kisses on the nose. We''ve been trying to train him to do it on command, and FI''s got him to the point where he''ll at least do it for food. It''s so funny because it''s like an animal in a lab pushing a button to get food. He licks your nose, gets food, then immediately goes to lick your nose again for more food. He''ll do it for 10 minutes straight. Lol It''s so cute. I never knew bunnies liked to give kisses.

He also really enjoys laying on the air conditioning grate even when the air conditioning is on full blast. I don''t know how that thing is comfortable, but he loves it!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
My boys sleep on their back. I tried to find a picture, but I don''t have one on my work computer.

Also, the younger one is very vocal--he constantly makes noises when he''s excited. It''s not a bark, just sort of this "wooooo" sound that he can''t seem to keep in. I thought he would grow out of it and chalked it up to one of the many puppy noises, but he hasn''t grown out of it! It cracks me up every time I hear it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
My dog has SEVERAL quirks and funny things she does. She lets you know what treat she wants. I do mean this. If she doesn''t want a particular treat, she''ll push it back at your hand with her nose.
She will sit upright on he back of the couch with her front paws hanging over the back of the couch to watch things in the yard.
She likes to bury herself under blankets and "hide". If you say "where did sasha go" she''ll move just a hair to see if you find her, and then get''s all excited when you do.
She gets behind you in the computer chair and scratches your back until you pet her.
She doesn''t understand that the food isn''t all one large clump, so you have to put little pieces on the floor for her or she won''t eat. I really think she just has no perception of how to break it apart or find pieces.
She hides milk bones in clothes
If I go out the front door, she looks on the side table by the couch to see if my purse is still there.
She will only ride in SO''s lap in the car.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have a cat who LOVED to be spun around in my desk chair. She would dig her claws into the upholstery, hang on for dear life and just spin and spin and spin. She''d leap off the chair after a minute and stagger around all dizzy, and then she would get back on the chair and want to go for another ride. I swear, it''s true.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom''s 95 lb lab mix, Killian, goes ballistic if I sing or dance. She jumps all over me, barks like crazy, and basically tries to do anything in her power to get me to stop. She doesn''t make a sound or a move when anyone else sings or dances though. Maybe she''s trying to tell me something?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My boy cat has a specific call he meows out when he's looking for me.

My girl cat likes to play fetch with q-tips. I hear her meowing and when she sees me, she drops the q-tip and waits for me to throw it for her. She also likes to chew on thin crunchy plastic grocery bags. Another is that whenever I go into the bathroom she chases me in so she can drink fresh water from the bathtub. If I turn it on, she'll drink right from it.

ETA - oh, also my girl cat loves certain waffle weave blankets that I have. Any time I sit down on the couch with one, she immediately runs up and jumps into my lap. If I try to get up, she growls at me!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
My pup, a 9lb fluff-ball, does a lot of quirky things.
36.gif

-One thing that cracks me up is, sometimes, when she's napping, she'll wake up suddenly, pause to look around and then will run circles around the living room like a maniac. She'll do it five or six times, and then will go back to her napping spot and go back to sleep. It's so weird but I love it!

-When she wants to play, she runs to her bed, grabs one of her many favorite toys and nudges my FI like she's ready for an attack. It's adorable.

-When she spots a bug, she'll follow it around the house but she won't try to catch it or eat it. She's just on alert LOL

-When I rub her head (just the right way) and suddenly stop, she'll look up at me and run her arm/paw alongside her ear and down her face, like saying, 'a little more???'

-Plus, she loves to be smooshed at night, or when it's cuddle time. She'll park herself between my FIs legs (right near his butt) or in between the two of us. It scares me because I think we'll roll over her at night and suffocate her, but even when I move her, I'll find her back where she started in the morning.

-When she runs, she looks like a bunny because she's all white and jumps high!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
My cat Chandler loves to drink out of faucets. If he sees you heading for a bathroom, he follows so he can jump up at the sink and ask for the water to be turned on. Every morning during the school year, he would get up with me and he would sit in the bathtub and screech and holler until I turned on the water.

This cat also goes crazy for peanut butter and pears. He will climb my leg and sit up and beg like a pup if he thinks I am getting the peanut butter out. He''s been known to jump up on my chair and swipe at my food if I am spotted eating a pear. He likes really ripe juicy ones. Oddly enough, so does my horse Chance. All my critters eat pears, LOL.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
My dog plays catch with herself. She throws things in the air, then catches them, thrashes them around, them does it again. She also only plays fetch in the house
20.gif
. She will bring you anything to throw in the house, and if you don't participate, she will bring you a bone and drop it on your foot or laptop!
40.gif
If you are outside, she wants nothing to do with you.

She also likes to sun bathe, and will go to sleep, getting up whenever the sun shifts off of her to reposition back in the sunny spot.

She loves wine and champagne corks, and gets really excited if she sees/hears you openning wine
40.gif

She is a sloppy eater and constantly has kibble cascading out of her mouth! lol

She also prefers to go #2 on hills or inclines.

She is a fun/funny dog!

Great Thread, BTW!
21.gif

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
My husband has taught our dog to burp after every meal. It started off innocently enough where doggy just accidentally burped after a meal, then my husband started encouraging it by patting him on the back after every meal, and now doggy burps even without rubbing or patting. UGH. As if one burping person in the house wasn''t enough!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
My black cat Pearls has a thing for three different black socks. She will walk around with them in her mouth and will meow VERY LOUDLY. Sometimes she will "groom" the socks.. Give her a white sock or even another black sock and she knows it''s not the same.

We now refer to them as her Sock Babies.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our Lhasa Mazie, loves to bark at animals on the TV. I guess she thinks they are coming into "her" house. She shakes her tennis ball at them. It is really very funny to watch.

If I am making deviled eggs, Mazie can hear me "crack" an egg from a mile away I swear. There she is at my feet, waiting for a piece of egg.

My Indian Ringneck Parrot Taco, is the same way. He hears me crack an egg, there goes his wings. Flap, flap, flap and he squawks, until he gets a little piece of egg.

Mazie also has a "thing" about waking us up in the morning. She will stick her face in ours, until we are awake.

If we are swimming in our pool, she chases us and barks at us. Don''t know what''s up with that one. Ha.
33.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Our neighbor''s pug is a make-out bandit. He likes to lick other dogs'' faces (especially other pugs), and follows them if they run away or give him the brush-off. If he were a person, he would be a major creepo!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 11:10:22 AM
Author: elledizzy5
My cat Ferris likes to be in the bathroom with you when you''re going. When you''re sitting on the toilet, he likes to rub his face/nibble on your bare thigh. Thats the only time ever does anything like that.

He''s... weird.
20.gif
LOL! BF and I have 2 kitties and my boy HAS to be in the bathroom whenever either of us go in. He kinda just walks around to check things out or he''ll jump onto the washing machine (which is in our bathroom) since I think he likes the smell of fabric softener. He will not leave until he hears the toilet flush either.

Our girl kitty loves human food so I always catch her trying to open our pantry. I''ve caught her stealing bread off the counter numerous times...I''m talking about sandwich bread still in the bag. She''ll claw at the plastic until it tears and then help herself to a slice. Our boy turns his nose up people food except for cheese.

The best is whenever we come home from work. They both greet us at the door talking non-stop...I think they''re trying to tell us about their day. "Mommy! Daddy! Omg, I laid out in the sun for a couple hours, then we chased each other around, then we napped and THEN we cleaned each other! Feed us?". After their chatter, the take a victory lap around the condo and wait in the kitchen to be fed. Such odd creatures!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add that Misty likes straws. If you're drinking a soda and have a straw, and leave, Misty will take your straw and run away with it to play.
Oreo also likes to sit in the tub after you shower. Immediately after you shower so the water is still in the tub. He's not drinking the water from the tap. He just likes to sit in the water residue.
33.gif
The comments in this thread are great! I was laughing so hard at some of them that my coworkers must have thought I was going crazy!

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 12:19:18 PM
Author: misskitty
Our neighbor''s pug is a make-out bandit. He likes to lick other dogs'' faces (especially other pugs), and follows them if they run away or give him the brush-off. If he were a person, he would be a major creepo!
My pug is a licker, too... except he only licks me. He''ll lick my legs if I have on shorts or my arms if I have on pants. My BF calls him "the licky bug".

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 12:19:18 PM
Author: misskitty
LOL!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
These are too funny!

Dewey, our cat, is a real dumbo. He LOOOOOVES plastic. Any kind. He chews it up then barfs it out. He mostly does it when he's trying to get us to feed him. In the morning, both FI and I have to chase him out of the bedroom! He also loves string cheese and yogurt. With the cheese, he'll hear the wrapper open and run and sit on your lap and try to swat the cheese out of your hand! He's a very bad boy.
38.gif
9.gif
He loves talking though. He responds when we talk to him.

Trooper, our other cat, loves to hear himself sing. He'll go in the entry with vaulted ceilings and just howl like a crazy man! He's also easily scared, so if you move too quickly, he'll run away. He did save his brother's life once though by meowing at me when Dewey had fallen headfirst behind the water heater and gotten wedged between that and the wall. He's like Lassie. LOL!! I swear he's on his last life...

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My dog loves her rubber ball on a stretchy loop. She likes to grab the end of the loop and fling her head side to side so the ball smacks her on the shoulder blades. She''ll do that for a couple of minutes when she''s really excited to be playing string ball. She''s done it to me by accident and that ball hurts!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Our little mutt (45-lb Jack Russell/Yellow Lab mix) is obsessed with string cheese (which I eat a lot of). He recognizes the sound of me ripping the plastic wrapper off the cheese and will abandon ANYTHING when he hears it. There have been times when he has been outside in the back yard, I rip open string cheese thinking he won't know, and next thing I know, he's jumping at the back door to be let in so he can have some cheese! Then he sits by my feet, looking up at me lovingly, waiting for me to drop a strip for him.

He also thinks he can bury things in the grass with his nose. He does not dig holes (thankfully), so he just takes whatever he wants to bury and nudges it back and forth in the grass with his nose... over and over and over again. He can be so persistent about it that he will actually wear the skin off. He did this recently, so we've started calling him Rudolph - his nose is reeeeally pink right now.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 12:53:28 PM
Author: sunnyd
These are too funny!

Dewey, our cat, is a real dumbo. He LOOOOOVES plastic. Any kind. He chews it up then barfs it out. He mostly does it when he''s trying to get us to feed him. In the morning, both FI and I have to chase him out of the bedroom! He also loves string cheese and yogurt. With the cheese, he''ll hear the wrapper open and run and sit on your lap and try to swat the cheese out of your hand! He''s a very bad boy.
38.gif
9.gif
He loves talking though. He responds when we talk to him.

Trooper, our other cat, loves to hear himself sing. He''ll go in the entry with vaulted ceilings and just howl like a crazy man! He''s also easily scared, so if you move too quickly, he''ll run away. He did save his brother''s life once though by meowing at me when Dewey had fallen headfirst behind the water heater and gotten wedged between that and the wall. He''s like Lassie. LOL!! I swear he''s on his last life...

Ha! I just saw this.... your cat and my dog would definitely be in quite a battle if they ever hung out together!

dendon

Shiny_Rock
Slippers loves polish ham (freshly sliced of course). I''ll come home from shopping and I just have to take the plastic bag out and she comes running. Also loves licking the cheese off Doritos or Cheetos.

She has learned how to open the kitchen cabinets too, hides in there a lot.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
When my bird sees the other birds or a plane flying up high from the windows. He would look up with envious eyes and make the "awwwww.." sound. He doesn''t like to go outside though.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 11:10:22 AM
Author: elledizzy5

He''s... weird.
20.gif

Haha... my cats kitty box is right next to the toilet and given the opportunity, she will without fail go while you''re going. It totally grosses me out. I live alone so there''s no real reason for me to shut the bathroom do when I''m in there but with this little habit of hers, I must. Sometimes when it''s like 4am and I get up to go, I''ll forget to shut the door and she''ll jump out of bed to go with me. So ewwww.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results