shape
carat
color
clarity

Coming to your home?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone had experience with free lance hair/makeup people who came to your home rather than you going to a salon? Would you do it again? Were there any unforeseen issues?

I fee like it''d be more convenient, and more comfortable for me and my girls, but would the quality of work suffer since they might not have all the stuff in the salon at their disposal?

Thanks!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t had any experience with it but we are planning for a friend of ours who does hair to come to my parents the morning of the wedding to do all the bridesmaids hair
i don''t think that really counts though ill let you know how it goes in november :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m having two stylists come to the hotel to do our hair. I''m getting married on a Sunday and very few salons are open so this is pretty much my only option.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2009 2:25:34 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
I haven''t had any experience with it but we are planning for a friend of ours who does hair to come to my parents the morning of the wedding to do all the bridesmaids hair

i don''t think that really counts though ill let you know how it goes in november :)

Hehe, I''m getting married in August..but thanks for the offer!
I''m kind of lost when it comes to makeup and hair things, I''ve actually never ever had my hair styled before, doesn''t really know what it involves.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Usually a freelance artist is exactly that, Freelance. They work on their own.

The stylist that is coming to do our hair has a place that she works out of. It''s a room in a business shop for freelance people, the room is like 9 by 9. You meet there for trials, but she always comes to you for weddings. She will have everything that she needs to do hair. My make-up artist will be traveling as well. I did a trial with one girl that brought an entire laundry hamper full of make-up and everything that could possibly be needed. If they are legit, then they will be prepared. Just make sure you do a trial first.

Have you found a few that you are interested in? Be sure to ask what or if they charge for travel. My make-up lady charges $.50/mile, but my stylist starts her hourly rate as soon as she leaves her house. Not happy about that.
11.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I have had two great experiences with stylists coming to the hotel to help the BP get ready. Both did a phenomenal job and it was soo much more laid back than worrying about getting the bride too and from the salon and dealing with the noise and bustle of strangers who are also at the salon.

I plan on having a hair stylist come to me for my wedding day.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I have been in multiple weddings where the hairstylist and makeup artist come to the home. Funny thing is, I think I''ve only attended 1 wedding where we went to a salon. Yup! Anyways, it''s very convenient for the bridal party to have the professionals come to you. Most of the hair and makeup people I have seen owned their own salons and were very very friendly and wonderful to work with. Of course, the better and nicer they are the more referrals they got and repeat customers! If you have a relationship with your hairstylist, you might be able to see if she''d be willing to work with you for your big day. I already have my hairstylist and it''s the same guy I''ve been going to for so many years since he''s just plain awesome! Good luck on your special day!!

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
I had 3 makeup artists/hair stylists come to our hotel suite to get us ready. They came with a TON of supplies--brushes, curling irons, pins, cases upon cases of makeup, brushes, eyelashes...it was great!!! We got ready in robes. The hair/makeup artists arrived on time and even stayed to touch me up after my first round of pictures outside.

My hair/makeup artists have a company, and they do hair/makeup for events every weekend. They have many referrals, a website etc....and they allow you to have a trial. It was a great experience!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
A freelance hairstylist or MUA will have exactly what she needs to get the job done...or at least she should have.

As far as quality, well that depends on the stylist or artist. Get a trial done before.

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I just got married this past Sunday where both the hair and makeup people came to my parents house where I was getting ready. They brought all of the supplies they needed with them. The only thing I supplied was a few tray tables for them to put their stuff on, and we also had some extra folding chairs.

I asked my regular hair stylist if she would mind coming to the house, and it worked out great. I can''t imagine having done it any other way because this way it was easier as one bridesmaid got her hair done, the other one could go get changed into her dress, so it was a time saver. Of course our wedding started at 11AM so if you are having an evening wedding time might not be as much of a factor.

The ONLY problem we had was that we couldn''t style more than one girl at once because it turned out if we plugged 2 hair dryers in at the same time the fuse blew, so that was a problem. I talked to my mother-in-law about this after the wedding who was also getting her hair/makeup done at her own house and she had the same problem with the fuse blowing from 2 hairdryers being used at once. So this might be something to look into.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results