shape
carat
color
clarity

1.015 ct ACA H&A J VS2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dawei213

Rough_Rock
Well I finally took the plunge two days ago. I ordered the 1.015 ct ACA H&A J VS2 with the Whiteflash W-Prong setting from Whiteflash. Will be shipped to Dave Atlas where I can go and examine it. I'm pretty excited about the whole process (buying the diamond, examining it, the proposal
9.gif
). I've spended a lot of hours pondering over the ring and diamond as well. I'm sure my girlfriend will love it no matter what...well at least that's my plan.
2.gif

I want to thank Aljdewey, Strmrdr, Pqcollectibles, Mara, Knowverylitte, Fire&ice, Canadiangrrl, and whoever I miss (sorry!) in helping answering my questions. You're help and opinions were invaluable in my decision making process. Want to thank Lesley, Brian, and Bob for answering whatever questions I had about the two diamonds I was looking at as well. Of course as soon I have the chance, I will try to get some pics up and posted. Thanks again guys and gals!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! Congrats! I *do* remember that particular stone as it was exceptionally beautiful and very fairly priced. You got a GREAT stone. DO post some pics!
9.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations. By your previous description, it should be a very lovely diamond.

rodent.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Dawei: It was truly my pleasure....I had spoken with WF about that diamond initially, and it sounded beautiful. I ended up going a bit bigger, but it was definitely a nice catch for you.

Please make sure to post pics when you get it.....we'll be anxious to see!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Congrats & pics please! Also, the details about the proposal. This old broad lives vicariously through you young folk.

O.K. - Al, Mara, CG - I'll bite. Whaz up with the rooby rooby do gigs?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/10/2003 10:52:06 AM fire&ice wrote:

Congrats & pics please! Also, the details about the proposal. This old broad lives vicariously through you young folk.----------------

This one too!

Woohoo! Can't wait to hear about the proposal and see the pics. That setting looks marvelous. And you picked a gorgeous diamond for it. Should be one beautiful ring!
love.gif

dawei213

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies
5.gif

Well, my girlfriend is graduating on the 20th of this month. Her whole family is going to be there and I'll try to get my family up there as well. She's very close to her family so I'm guessing if I do it on that date, she'll be happy and are able to tell it to her family as well. Either that or I can do it in Hawaii (we plan to go from the 22nd to the 30th).

Which one is more romantic? Or which one would you like better? Around family or Hawaii?

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
It really depends if your girlfriend wants a private or a more public proposal. Some girls really love having everyone there, others would rather hide under a rock. For example, I'm of the "hide under a rock" variety. I really don't like being the centre of attention in that way, but for some girls, it's a dream come true! Does she generally mind everyone looking at her and waiting for her reaction about things? Does she like things like surprise parties, etc?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! Please do post pictures and information from whiteflash on the stone....we love eye candy.
1.gif
Also the stone when you get it of course! It should be a knockout.

F&I...CG started with her Scooby avatar and I don't know. It just kind of snowballed from there.
9.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Daniela, it depends on your girlfriend's personality.
1.gif
Personally, I would prefer a 'private' engagement - a shared, intimate moment just between the two of us. Plenty of time for family to get involved with the celebration later on.
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Ditto's on your gal's personality leading you in that decision.

Although, Hawaii is very romantic!! Aahhhhhh! Deep sigh!

What to do! what to do!
1.gif

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS!

NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE ELSE AT AGA, THEY ARE ALL VERY NICE. I SUGGEST YOU ASK FOR CHRIS D. WHEN AND IF YOU GO. HE IS GREAT.

I HAVE NO AFFILIATION TO AGA.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I also have an ACA stone (it's .97 carats, so it's a bit smaller than yours) and I love it! I also used Chris at AGA for the appraisal and I thought he was great. Please post pictures. I love the setting you picked, but it wasn't available when I got engaged...

dawei213

Rough_Rock
Ahh yes Hawaii...I can do it right before sunset under the warm blue/pink/red sky as the sun goes down or I can do it where we first met at Penn State. Oh! I gotta figure this out soon! Less than 2 weeks to go...

I did call and ask for Chris. Although he'll be doing the apprasial for the diamond, he won't be there to explain it to me. Another guy will. I'm kinda strapped for time. Oh well. Thanks for all your help ladies! I'll keep your suggestions in mind...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/11/2003 9:50:53 AM dawei213 wrote:

Ahh yes Hawaii...I can do it right before sunset under the warm blue/pink/red sky as the sun goes down or I can do it where we first met at Penn State. Oh! I gotta figure this out soon! Less than 2 weeks to go...

.----------------

I like either. Is she a hopeless romantic that loves past history; or, does she like to make new history. Again, comes down to the gal. My preference would be where you first met.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results