shape
carat
color
clarity

Went to try on my dress today!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
So it came in and I was a little nervous to see it because I was getting the sash part in Navy and I was a hoping it wouldn''t be too dark on the ivory dress. It looks so nice! I LOVE it
30.gif
. I''m deciding whether or not to use the tails in the back or leave it without the tails. I can''t decide if it looks weird overlapping the laces on the corset when it''s buttoned in the back. I may have it altered so the back piece doesn''t close at all and you can see the laces the whole way down. What do you think? Here they are!

missyfront01.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the lady that helped us today trying to run away to get out the picture! haha

frontbackview01.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

backwithouttails.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

backwithouttailsbuttoned.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

backwithtails.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

backwithveil01.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are talking about not using the tails! No...definitly use them...they are gorgeous!!! Here is what I think you
should do. Use the tails during the ceremony then take them off for the reception. Have a modification done
to the belt area so they stop at that last seam before the lacing up happens. (be able to disconnect the
tails at that seam - I hope they can modify them to do that).

The tails are gorgeous and make a beautiful statment...so at least use them for the ceremony. I dont think
anyone would find it unusal that you disconnect them for the reception so you can dance/move easier.

BTW - You look great in your dress!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I agree with tyty333. The tails are gorgeous and really make a statement! Your dress is gorgeous on you!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I agree, I''d absolutely use the tails! I love the details on your dress, you look beautiful
1.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Tails- all the way. It really pulls everything together!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
You look amazing! Use the tails, for sure.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 7:48:57 PM
Author: tyty333
You are talking about not using the tails! No...definitly use them...they are gorgeous!!! Here is what I think you
should do. Use the tails during the ceremony then take them off for the reception. Have a modification done
to the belt area so they stop at that last seam before the lacing up happens. (be able to disconnect the
tails at that seam - I hope they can modify them to do that).

The tails are gorgeous and make a beautiful statment...so at least use them for the ceremony. I dont think
anyone would find it unusal that you disconnect them for the reception so you can dance/move easier.

BTW - You look great in your dress!
Ditto - fabulous idea!!!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 8:44:40 PM
Author: kittybean

Agree 100%
10.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 9:05:36 PM
Author: gaby06

Date: 6/7/2009 8:44:40 PM
Author: kittybean

Agree 100%
10.gif
Me too!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely dress!!!! It looks amazing on you! The tails add flair to an otherwise amazing dress!!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely use the tails! Love them.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I love the tails! I''m leaving the corset back on my dress open too!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
You look beautiful in that dress...Use the tails for sure!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the nice compliments! I''m one that usually picks out all the bad stuff on a dress that I''m wearing, but this is the first time I actually love it! I honestly didn''t think any dress would look right on me until now. My MOH had a fun time (haha, maybe fun isn''t the word for it!) learning how to lace up the corset and she told me I''d HAVE to try on the dress a few more times for her so she could get it perfectly for the big day. No problem there
9.gif

Since I ordered the shorter version of the dress for $50 extra, it''s at the perfect length if I wear 2 in. heels which made me happy! Now I just need to learn to walk in heels, I know that sounds horrible haha. The halter part around my neck is too big/long, so it''ll have to be shortened or whatever they do to it. And the part going underneath my arms is gapped a little but other than that it''s a pretty close fit!

My MOH loved the tails also, so I wanted a few more opinions. I''m surprised that all of you loved them. I''ll most likely use them since we did pay for them!

tyty333 - Thank you for the suggestion! I think that sounds like a great idea, hopefully they can alter it that way so I can change it after the ceremony if I choose to.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for love of the tails! The embroidery is so stunning on the navy color. The dress is beautiful. Wonderful selection.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results