shape
carat
color
clarity

Our DIY Invites are (almost) done

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I spent pretty much all of yesterday trying to finish off our DIY invites so they can be mailed next week, and am so excited that they are almost done!

Here is the outside.

Morgie invite outside.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
As you open them up...

Morgie Inside.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
The actual invite part...

Morgie Panel 3.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Here are our four inserts. The map isn''t perfect, but I did it myself, so I am pretty proud of it.

Morgie Inserts.jpg

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I love them! They look so professional! Great DIY job! I especially love the POP of purple! Gorgeous!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i love the color!!!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
RSVP Envelope Labels, again not perfect, we put the labels on before thinking about stamps so there was a bit of overlap, but I was too tired to redo them
emsad.gif

Morgie RSVP Envelope.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
The envelopes - I had planned on doing calligraphy but fell in love with these instead.

Morgie Outside wrap2.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love them! We have the same colors
36.gif

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I am done boring you after this one I promise! The back part of the envelope wrap with return address. Thanks for looking if you made it this far!

Morgie outside wrap 3.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
They look great!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for the compliments! These have been a huge undertaking and I can''t wait to send them out next week and start receiving our RSVP''s back.

Hudson - I can''t wait to see your pics! I have had a kind of hard go of it finding inspiration pics in our colors... A lot of green and white and a lot of purple and white but not a lot of the two together.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice, I love all the colors together!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Morgie, absolutely beautiful invites. I love the subtle damask too. It''s not all over the place like some designs.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Those look great! I love the purple ribbon and damask. You are probably the only one who will notice the stamp overlap.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Those look great - nice job!!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Morgie- These invites DO NOT look DIY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are beautiful and I would love to receive that in the mail. Congratulations!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
So elegant! The purple ribbon ties it all in so very nicely!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 11:02:43 AM
Author: Morgie44
The envelopes - I had planned on doing calligraphy but fell in love with these instead.

GORGEOUS!! I love the damask with the little bit of green. Something you might want to check on though is that I think addresses are required to be lengthwise on the envelope. I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that rule on the post office web site. If that is true, then you can just wrap the label around the short side instead of long side.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 11:29:42 PM
Author: wannaBMrsH
Morgie- These invites DO NOT look DIY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are beautiful and I would love to receive that in the mail. Congratulations!
Agreed. They look so professional and rather expensive too
3.gif

The purple ribbon really sets it off- well done!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! And I adore the purple ribbon.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Those are just fabulous - they absolutely don''t look DIY! Very professional!!! The purple ribbon is just divine
35.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Morgie, they look incredible, and VERY professional!!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! They look amazing! I
30.gif
demask.

Where did you get the paper from?

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Missy, RHBGirl, Lliang, Amber, WannabmrsH, ilovesparkles, dannielle, bee, honey, meresal: Thank you all for the kind words! It is really nice to hear after spending many hours on them!

Lanie - I hope you are right about the overlapping stamps! It just kills me that after I thought we considered every detail something so silly could fall through the cracks!

Guilty - Thanks for the heads up! The invites are actually square so I think we should be ok, though I am a little nervous that the machines may read the return address instead of the mailing address since it is on the back. I have found a few girls online that have done similar envelopes and they haven''t had a problem or if they did, only got a handful mailed back to them rather than to the intended recipient.

Idreamofcushions: Thanks! I am not sure which paper you are asking about but I got the white paper from OfficeMax, it is just regular 80# coverstock, the black is 80# coverstock from paper and more. The green paper is linen paper I got from Hobby Lobby in the scrab book section. It was MUCH cheaper there than online! The damask I actually printed myself on the white cardstock. I had considered using damask wrapping paper, but after looking at some invitation samples, I decided it would look less homemade if I used a heavier paper and made it look more like a panel.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
haha, for some reason, the pictures of the envelopes looked rectangular to me, maybe because of the angle of the picture or the proportions of my computer screen. I thought maybe you had used a rectangular envelope to make room for the ribbon or save on postage or some other random reason.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results