shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk
haha, that''s great....then those diapers didn''t go to waste.
but maybe T doesn''t even need them the next time you head to the pool or beach.

Tacori
2x the normal price? that''s not too bad considering they are designer.
it probably fit you better than the other brands.
for comfort and fit, i''d say that''s worh the price.
splurge...you deserve it
9.gif

puffy
haha, she is persistent for sure.
i made the mistake of trying to pump in front of her when I was weaning over the weekend.
she was so happy, she got her head cocked to one side ready to nurse.
and when i said no, she walked away and bawling her eyes out.
it was so sad, yet funny. i did give in and let her nurse for 4 minutes and she was happy as a canary.

QT
it may be a good idea to introduce whole milk now.
i made the mistake of waiting until she''s one and now here we are -- tackling weaning and getting on whole milk at the same time.
was it Diva who got the DR''s ok to give her 9month James whole milk?
Wow, that is pretty fast your supply dipped.
I guess since you are preggo, you can''t drink those herbal tea that helps milk production.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
lili
Yeah my supply dipped pretty fast. Now I am pumping a couple oz less than she drink. I think I am going to try More Milk Two, which is made for pregnant nursing mom. And when she nurses, she only does it for like few minutes on each breast.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~I feel so bad that I have to wait until this weekend to start with the PT. She told me she had to go potty on the way home from dinner tonight. I''m so bad and didn''t stop and just told her we''d be home soon. Of course she didn''t make it. After we get more into it next week I''ll def. stop when she tells me she has to go but I figured it wasn''t worth it. She had a diaper on.
21.gif
Bad mommy. You must just laugh the whole time B is with his friend Jimmy! T''s appt is June 18th.

QT~I didn''t want a character theme, either. To be honest, I didn''t really go crazy with the theme. I found a (bad) pic of her cake and cupcakes, though. They turned out pretty cute. My SIL''s mom did them because she loves that kind of stuff and I was totally preoccupied with my sister''s wedding and school so not having to bake really appealed to me!
21.gif
As for introducing milk now, I''d call your pedi. She may do fine, but your pedi may want to recommend a way to introduce it. Of course we had to be super careful with T because she was diary intolerant (only introduced 2 oz a day) so I''m a little overly cautious.

Tacori~Funny, I''ve always wished I were about 5''7 or 5''8 because I thought tall enough to be good at sports but I could wear tall shoes!
3.gif
We''ll see how T does when we''re full-on potty training next week. The girl has a mind of her own so I hope that mind doesn''t decide she''s not interested any more!

lili~No waste here! I was just thinking about not needing them anymore. I think I''ll wait until we are very certainly diaper free before I risk taking her into the pool without a diaper. That would be SOOOO embarrassing!

Dh leaves for Vegas tomorrow. I''m so not looking forward to him being gone. I have a super busy weekend and it would be nice to have back-up for some of the events. Oh well. T and I will manage. Tomorrow''s my last day of school so I should quit whining about DH being gone and start celebrating that it''s almost summer break!!
36.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Too much on my mind. Forgot to attach the ladybug cake/cuppies pic! Here it is QT!

ladybugcups.jpg

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt i think i am definitely going to start showing soon. i mean all my clothes still fit, which is great, but i can see my little bump popping out. i started to give B whole milk around 10.5-11 months for a snack to make sure he would take it and that he had no reactions to it. he took to it right away, and when i decided to wean him, he was fine since he was liked his milk. that was fast that your supply is dropping. do you still have a frozen stash?

tacori i''m feeling ok, not great, not bad, but definitely not worth complaining. but i am kinda pissy since DH left tonight to leave us for 12 nights, so it''s just me and B. and it really doesn''t help that i am ALWAYS tired. but it''s ok, i told DH that when he got back, don''t expect anything to be done and expect to see me in the same clothes that i was wearing when he left. that''ll give him something to look forward to. haha. i can only imagine what a fun little girl T is. i have a blast with B, so i am sure that T is totally entertaining as well. designer jeans are my weakness...well that and handbags. i LOVE my designer jeans. you do deserve them!!

lili that is the funniest thing that she had her head cocked to one side ready to nurse!!! i laughed so hard when i read that! is she even interested in whole milk? other than that, how is the little munchkin doing?

burk what a cute cake!!! you''ll have plenty of time to PT, so tonight is even worth thinking twice about. is she using it for just poop or she is telling you that she has to pee pee in the potty too? B started with the pee, since it was a urinal that i got him, then when i got him the regular potty, he went poop in there. the good thing about the urinal is that he gets to practice his aim before he uses the real toilet, which he has done a few times and LOVES it. i definitely crack up with B and jimmy. i am actually baby sitting jimmy tomorrow and B has been talking about jimmy the entire day. he even went to bed early thinking that jimmy will be here when he wakes up. haha. my DH just left tonight, so i so feel ya!! have a great last day of school!!!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
oh my oh my oh my...where in the world would i even start to try and catch up with this thread!?!?

so excuse my rudeness since ill only address the last two pages of this thread:

QT: i dunno where i read somewhere that nursing mothers who got pregnant shouldn''t nurse anymore coz there''s something in the mom''s milk that is not good for the baby (the one ur nursing..)??

Burk: talking about PT, i haven''t officially started with little K but have taught him to say "peepee" or "poopoo" and the other day he was in bed for the nite and he let out this fart and he goes "POOPOO" and points at his bum..ahahaha and i go its okay continue to sleep and he gave me this look like why r u not rushing me to the bathroom!?! sorry bout being alone with hubby gone
7.gif
cute pic of the cake/cupcake!

bobo: Im so sorry to hear about little B!!! (and wat u had to go thru!!!) hope hes doing better today..PLEASE PLEASE don''t blame urself!! all kids will go thru bumps and bruises as the grow up no matter HOW careful u try to be with them...

Tacori: YAY for getting the invites done in time!! fantastic :)

lili: i gave little k vit. supplements (Abidec) almost from the 2nd month..once a day in his milk and 2 years later he''s still taking it..i truly believe it made a difference..

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Burk
I saw that ladybug pan at Michael yesterday. It’s so cute. Love the cupcakes too.
I’ll call pedi b/c introducing cow’s milk. I think he will most likely tell us to wait until M is 1 yr old. Both DH and I want to just go cow’s milk if possible b/c it’s one less transition, but we’ll see what the pedi says.
lili
Yeah I didn’t expect the dip in supply to happen so soon. But I think my body is pretty reactive to hormones b/c I got my milk 2 days after M’s birth.
We’ll check with pedi on the cow’s milk. I do have sample cans of Enfamil and Similac that I can use if I need, but I just rather have one less transition.
puffy
I know I didn’t expect my supply to drop so fast. I have a very small stash. It’ll not last for 2 months. The thing is that M doesn’t seem too interest at the breasts either. She’ll nurse for like 3 mins each side.
Yeah I am sure I’ll show early too. A lot earlier than last time.
Msb700
Really? I’ve never read that before. I’ll have to do some researches.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
QT~Maybe your doc would okay a mix of formula/milk to ease into it?

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
burk: those cupcakes look yummy! yay for summer vacation coming up too

qtiekiki: you've got alot going on, newly preggers and a b'day to plan! Exciting!

so, I'm wondering when babies generally start trying to stand? I know, I know, every child is different but C is still not crawling forward (at 8 mo's) and when I pull her up to stand she crumples quickly. Is ther something I can do to encourage more effort? I have an exersaucer, but she still prefers to let her legs hang, although she does go around once in awhile.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
janine~Every baby IS different. I think that you''re doing what you can to promote it and she''ll do it when she''s good and ready! My T was cruising by 8 months and it was a PITA to have her so mobile for so long. Appreciate what you have!
3.gif
Seriously, though, if you''re still worried at her next check-up you can always ask your pedi but I''m pretty sure he/she will give you the same answer!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 3:11:24 AM
Author: msb700

Burk: talking about PT, i haven''t officially started with little K but have taught him to say ''peepee'' or ''poopoo'' and the other day he was in bed for the nite and he let out this fart and he goes ''POOPOO'' and points at his bum..ahahaha and i go its okay continue to sleep and he gave me this look like why r u not rushing me to the bathroom!?! sorry bout being alone with hubby gone
7.gif
cute pic of the cake/cupcake!

That''s great that K is starting to say the words and identify when he has to go. Good signs! I''m used to DH being out of town (he travels a lot) but this weekend is just bad timing. Oh well, we''ll make it.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Too exhausted to catch up but want to pop in to thank all the Mommies for your support and well wishes.

We end up having to go back to the ER last night because little B vomited. After talking to the nurse from the children''s hospital, they advise us to bring him in to get it check again. So we didn''t get home until 2 a.m. this morning. Good thing they did a CAT scan on his brain and there is no brain damage but we still need to monitor him to see if he gets worse.

I think I will turn the new house into a psych ward. DH and I are so terrify of little B hitting his head again and the stitches will come out.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone for welcoming me back. I really hope I get to stick around for good this time.
emembarrassed.gif
I still haven''t read the entire thread (should manage to finish after DD goes to bed tonight) so I''m only going to reply to the last couple pags for now.

Bobo - I''m so sorry lil B got hurt! :0( They''re is nothing worse than seeing your baby in pain. I hope he heals quickly. ((((HUGS)))

Puffy & QT - Congrats on the new beans!! I can''t wait to join you guys.
2.gif

QT - I''m glad you''re checking with your doc before giving M milk. I tried giving Sabrina dairy when she was 9 months (since all my friends seemed to give their kids yogurt and cottage cheese at that age) and she had an allergic reaction to it - not fun! As for your milk supply, I would definitely try the More Milk Two. I used MM+ and it was a huge help.

lili - It''s nice to know that there are other little kiddos out there. Sabrina is the shortest kid in her Gymboree class and the majority of the other kids are younger.
Good luck with weaning. If you have any tips or tricks, I''d love to hear them.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Burk - Congrats on almost being done with school. Do you have any summer plans with T besides PT?
btw, your ladybug cakes & cuppies were too cute. I bet T loved her party.

janine - are you subscribed to babycenter? they have great info on baby development and really helped put my mind at ease when I thought Sabrina wasn''t developing fast enough or on schedule.

puffy - I have to say that your avatar is so stinking cute. It looks like your lil guy is cracking up and every time I see it I want to start laughing too.

msb & QT - I''ve heard the same thing (about baby getting sick if mom is preggo and BFing) and I''m positive it''s an old wives tail. My cousin BF throughout her 2nd pregnancy (got preggo when her 1st was not even 3 mos) and tandem fed for another 2 yrs. Docs still don''t recommend it, but it won''t make M sick.

msb - I love K''s fart story (I have a gross sense of humor, sorry). It reminds me of last week when DH farted in from of Sabrina and she started looked up from her game and said "quack, quack". We''ve been teaching her animal sounds and I guess she thought he was making duck noises. LOL

tacori - congrats on getting the invites done. must be a relief to have those off your back.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
need some help mommies....
i guess some, if not all of you know that we are planning on taking a disney cruise. the thing is that i will be just about 8 months preggo and dealing with an almost 2 year old toddler. i''m just not sure that i can deal with it. heck i''m not sure if i will be allowed to even get on the ship. so, what do you guys think i should do...go and try to enjoy myself, or not go and maybe next year, we''ll go? i was telling B all about it, and he was so excited to go on "mickey''s ship." i would hate to break the news to him. but we are going disneyland for sure in september/october, so that might make up for it.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
ooh, puffy, that's a tough one. I think you could still have plenty of fun as long as DH was willing to take on the majority of the toddler wrangling that will be involved. My main concern would be going into labor at sea. If you decide to go, just make sure the onboard doctor is prepared to handle a possible delivery. It's great that you're going to Disneyland either way since there are a few boat rides that can take the place of the "mickey ship" should you decide to postpone the cruise.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
stephens bride: i am subscribed to babycenter and actually that''s where I got the info--I looked ahead a few weeks and it said might be time for walking soon....baby is standing and pulling itself up now. So got me wondering..
Well, I won''t worry yet...and ask at the next pedi appt I suppose. Looking forward to more updates on your little cutie meanwhile!

puffy: wow that''s a tough one, if it was me I''d say no. It''s hard to be stuck on a ship while so far along, plus a toddler! That''s just me though, I tend to be more cautious. Let us know what you decide!

Bobo: how is little B today? That is so frightening that he vomited, but smart move going to the ER. That''s something that it''s best to check out asap. Seems like he''s a-ok which is such a relief! I hope the little guy is doing better today (and you too!).

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Puffy- (just M2C) -personally i would hold off a year. I would worry about going into labor on a ship, not be able to have a drink and running after a 2 yr old while huge is not really relaxing. I would book a mini vcay of relaxation for yourself and do the family thing later.
B won''t really know the difference. He''ll just forget about it or you can just do a little trip with him instead.

Bobo--oh i hope all is well with little B tonight. So sad to see him in pain i bet. Sending healing dust your way.

speaking of trips--I am leaving tonight to go to a wedding and the grannies are taking Co
9.gif
/
39.gif

I''ve been stressed ALL day at work. I know he''ll be fine and DH and are looking fwd to our first whole day away, but it''s still giving me anxiety
15.gif
He''s not weaned so good luck to my MIL--haha. He drinks fine from any cup so it''s not like he needs to be nursed, it''s just another item in his daily food menu.
DH is in a wedding tomorrow so i twould not be fun for Co (8 hours in the car, stuck in a stroller, cabs, subway in toronto while we run around and get ready--plus being stuck in the hotel all evening with a sitter) SO i hope all goes well with the grannies
4.gif

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 8:18:13 PM
Author: puffy
need some help mommies....

i guess some, if not all of you know that we are planning on taking a disney cruise. the thing is that i will be just about 8 months preggo and dealing with an almost 2 year old toddler. i''m just not sure that i can deal with it. heck i''m not sure if i will be allowed to even get on the ship. so, what do you guys think i should do...go and try to enjoy myself, or not go and maybe next year, we''ll go? i was telling B all about it, and he was so excited to go on ''mickey''s ship.'' i would hate to break the news to him. but we are going disneyland for sure in september/october, so that might make up for it.
puffy, I wouldn''t go on the trip but I''m conservative. I would worry about going into labor on the ship and traveling with a 2 year old isn''t going to be relaxing! I''m sure the disneyland trip will help B get over not going on mickey''s ship this year. Let us know what you decide.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
janine, Tessa has always been pretty advance in the physical milestones. She started crawling at 6.5 months and walking at 10.5 months. I remember she started pulling herself up at 8 months and cannot remember off the top of my head when she started to stand on her own. I personally would not worry about it. I know I have mentioned before but I believe I was 17 months before I started walking and I turned out fairly normal
3.gif
If you are concerned ask your pedi at her 9 month.

Puffy, I probably would wait. 8 months is cutting it close to be traveling IMHO.

Bobo, sorry you had to go back the ER. You guys have been through so much. Poor little B!

Stephan, what is Sabrina''s % tile? My girl self-weened so I have no advice.

Jas12, have fun without Co!

Lili & TGal, I forgot to mention I am really noticing a difference with my cream. My sun spot is almost gone!
36.gif
So exciting!!!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
jas12 - Hope you enjoy the wedding and your chance at a glass (or two or three) of wine!

tacori - She''s currently in the 25th percentile for height and weight and my concern is that her % keeps getting lower with each visit. Doc was concerned about it at one point but thinks she just leveling out now. I''m just not as convinced.

puffy - Sabrina has cut back her nursing a lot (anything''s better than the 12x/day she started out with). It''s about 3-5x/day depending on how busy we are. I do think she asks to BF out of boredom sometimes, and those are the occassions I cut short. Most of the time she really goes to town and drinks a lot. I can sometimes hear her little tummy rumbling :0( and think I would throw a fit too if I were that hungry and being denied the food/drink I wanted.
What to do, what to do. . . .

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
puffy
I also say wait on the cruise. I would worry about going into labor at sea. Do they even let you on the cruise when you are 8 months? I think most cruise line cut off around 28 weeks or something like that.

Hi Mommies
35.gif
. Hope all of you are having fun with your LOs.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sb, oh she is a little shortie huh? Nothing wrong with that! I found being petite worked in my advantage many times! Tessa shot up so as of now she is on the tall side but I REALLY don''t put much stock into the charts. I am sure Sabrina is PERFECT and if the pedi isn''t worried neither should you!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Hoping that someone is online right now...Can anyone help me with safe cold medications for pregnancy? DH and i are on vacation and I am miserable! I think Sudafed is okay, but which formulation? Already went to drugstore and pharmacist was no help. Sorry to butt in!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Natalina
My ob told me to take Robitussin DM when I had a cold.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
hi all!!!
thanks for your opinions. i''ve decided that we''ll hold off for another year. it was just a PITA to get the cruise line to cancel the trip for us and pretty much give us a credit back that we can use next year. but after talking to them for what seemed like HOURS, they have given us the credit back for next year, so hopefully we will have no excuse not to go next year. now, we''re looking into taking another short trip somewhere, just don''t know where. or maybe we will make the trip to disneyland a little bit longer and go to san diego as well.

SB it really sounds like she is just a persistent little thing about nursing. i guess ultimately, you have to do what is right for you and her, so keep nursing if that''s what works best.

natalina sorry you are feeling sick. i''ve always been told to take robitussin DM. hope you feel better soon.

have a great rest of the weekend!

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT--
Sorry to hear that your supply is already reacting to the hormones in your body.
Maybe M will self-weaned like Tessa :)
Is she already eating alot of solid at the moment?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk--
Bummer about your DH being away,
but yay for summer vacation and being able to spend the whole day w/ T
(until of course she drives you up the wall :D)

That cake and cuppies are super cute, and especially nice that you didn''t have to make them :razz:
Did T get to eat any of it? I don''t think we''ve seen a picture of her having her first taste of sweet.

Good luck w/ PT. I''m sure T will be out of diapers before you can even type up the routine you had for her.

Puffy--
Haha, too funny about telling hubby to find you in the same clothes and the house in the same condition he left with.
I''m not preggo and I''d tell hubby the same too if he leaves.
J will drink some whole milk here and there.
I did provide a cup for her at daycare and she did drink some when the other kids were drinking theirs on their snack break.
She''s doing great overall....no cold but don''t know if she''s got another ear infection again.
She was a bit fussy at night and was tugging at her ears again
7.gif
Or it could be teething...but then I''ve been saying that for like the last 4 months and still nothing came out.

Eee...how cute you and QT are w/ your little bumps.
Can''t wait to see your contribution in the BFP.

msb--
Thanks for the vitamin info.
I''ll look into that. I did hear back from my pedi and he suggest poly vi sol w/ iron drops.
Hehe, don''t worry, I do that myself too when I can''t keep up w/ the thread.
Love the fart story :D

janine--
Don''t worry about Chloe standing.
There were a few kids in J''s class who were like that...didn''t even crawl until they were 10 months or so.
And now they are walking even better than J (even though J was walking before them :razz:)

lili

Ideal_Rock
Bobo--
Ack....sorry to hear that little B vomitted and had to go to the ER again.
That''s great that the CAT scan showed that nothing is damaged from the fall.
Hope he is feeling better now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results