shape
carat
color
clarity

need help with a smaller 3 stone anniversary ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cardsandyanks

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all who have posted. Been a real eye opening education for me. I want to do something for my wife on our 10th anniversary. I have looked at all the vendors including whiteflash, good old gold, etc. Also looked at union diamond and blue nile. Unfortunately, with three children ranging in ages from 6-2 spending 5-6k on a ring is out of the question. After reading for quite some time on this forum, most say the prices of the diamonds on blue nile and union are higher, but i have found the opposite to be true. I have been searching for a 3 stone diamond with the center one being .5-.6 carats and the side diamonds being .25 each. I want to spend 2700 or less. The reason I am chosing the smaller stones is i want something that really shines. I was looking for the best cut I could find with a color of G-J, a VS-I to SI-I, in white gold. I can get those things from union and blue nile for between 2000-2500 dollars. On the other sites I can''t find anything on many of the sites that most on this board reccomend. I don''t want to buy junk, and honestly would rather take the money and head on vacation with my wife than spend it on a ring that isn''t what i want. The ring doesn''t need to be huge, just classy with a great sparkle. Am I chasing something I cannot find? Do the vendors that most of you reccomend only work with bigger stones? Am I making any sense to anyone other than myself or has all this made me loose my mind? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Are you looking for a pre-set three stone or would you be building your own three stone? James Allen has a 18k white gold 1.00 ctw three stone ring for 2575. The stones are princess-cut, F-G, VS2-SI1. The center stone is 0.50 with 0.25 sides. There is also a 0.90 ctw with a 0.4 center and 0.25 sides for 2450. Same specs otherwise (and the size difference wouldn''t bother me one bit).

James Allen is the first one that popped into my head because I''ve seen it recently since I''m buying my e-ring from that site. But all of the vendors work with stones in that size range. If they don''t have a preset three stone ring with your specs in your budget, then I bet you would be able to use the build a three-stone option to find one. Whichever vendor you choose, I think it will be a classic and beautiful ring. Good luck!

cardsandyanks

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your reply and I will definately check that site out. I was looking more for the build your own ring simply because I want something in an ideal cut. I have tried the create your own stone feature on whiteflash but every time I do, I can choose the three stone setting, I can pick out a diamond, but it never lets me get to the side stones. Besides the setting is 995 and the center stone in its hearts and arrows cuts are around 1300-1600 in the size I am looking. I am pretty sure the side stones are not included in the setting listed. Any other feedback/help would be greatly appreciated. I am running out of time... My anniversary is on the 11th of june, so i had better get going...

As a side question, are union diamond and blue nile not reputable companies? Also can anyone find me a build a ring on whiteflash that would work within the parameters i have set? Thanks in advance

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 10:16:38 AM
Author: cardsandyanks
Thank you for your reply and I will definately check that site out. I was looking more for the build your own ring simply because I want something in an ideal cut. I have tried the create your own stone feature on whiteflash but every time I do, I can choose the three stone setting, I can pick out a diamond, but it never lets me get to the side stones. Besides the setting is 995 and the center stone in its hearts and arrows cuts are around 1300-1600 in the size I am looking. I am pretty sure the side stones are not included in the setting listed. Any other feedback/help would be greatly appreciated. I am running out of time... My anniversary is on the 11th of june, so i had better get going...

As a side question, are union diamond and blue nile not reputable companies? Also can anyone find me a build a ring on whiteflash that would work within the parameters i have set? Thanks in advance
I always find that its best to contact them directly, but this setting does include side stones all you have to do is buy the center, it''s a beautiful setting imo.
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/3Stone/-Trois-Brillant--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1031.htm

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results