shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find this coffee table cheaper!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey super sleuths,

Our current coffee table is breaking and I am looking for a replacement. I love this table from PB-but I am cheap and don''t want to pay $400+ shipping for it from them.

Seems simple enough but I can''t find the same table anywhere! I really want almost the exact same thing or else I will suck it up and buy it from PB.

Anyone seen something similar? It''s so simple but elusive! It has metal legs, a glass shelf, and a glass top. I would take something without the shelf-but otherwise I really want it to be the same.

Anyone have any great sources?

img50m.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Can't tell if this is too bulky or if it's just the angel of the picture. Also not sure if they'll deliver to your location. But it's more options than you had currently.
3.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
What about this one? The bottom is different but still has the clean lines. And free shipping!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Can you tell I''m procrastinating grading papers right now?
3.gif
The ones that I''ve found that are the most like the PB table are $400 or more so the PB one is looking like a good deal!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
How about these?
How about these: Belloza

It is $99.98, bu tI imagine the company has a bigger one that is one full size.

bellozatables1.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ladies!

Burk Those are really cute-but I am after a metal table instead of wood. The reason being that my cat scratches the heck out of wood tables.
29.gif

Meresal Those are PERFECT. I will have to call around and see if that company does have a full size one...I can''t find it easily online but they must right?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
So unfortunately that company Meresal found doesn't make a bigger one. But they do make these two that I also think I like. But I can't decide if they are too much or if they'll fit with our decor...we have mostly mid-century modern and modern (clean) furniture...might be too ornate?

Tell me the truth-are they ugly? And if not which one do you like better?

Decisions decisions...maybe I should just suck it up and order the PB one...

ETA: I think I already nixed the one on the left...too much going on and also there is a sharp corner right where a baby might pop their head up...

tables1111.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the PB table but honestly my first thought was about the babies - crawling around and pulling up and those sharp corners and glass!

I guess maybe it''s not going to be in a room that they''ll be playing in? It is a fabulous look though! Everytime I have tried to get something ''similar'' to what I really wanted, I''ve been disappointed in the end. If it''s the PB table you love, get that one!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 9:35:47 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I love the PB table but honestly my first thought was about the babies - crawling around and pulling up and those sharp corners and glass!

I guess maybe it''s not going to be in a room that they''ll be playing in? It is a fabulous look though! Everytime I have tried to get something ''similar'' to what I really wanted, I''ve been disappointed in the end. If it''s the PB table you love, get that one!

I know...the corners...but the plan is to put this one in the more formal room and hopefully not have the kiddos playing in that room.

Gah...you are so right about just getting the real thing. But I thought it would be super easy to find something similar-it''s such a simple thing!

Maybe I will just wait awhile and see if there is a miracle and PB offers a coupon code or free shipping...that would entice me enough!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2009 9:38:16 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 5/21/2009 9:35:47 PM
Author: MissGotRocks

I know...the corners...but the plan is to put this one in the more formal room and hopefully not have the kiddos playing in that room.

Gah...you are so right about just getting the real thing. But I thought it would be super easy to find something similar-it''s such a simple thing!

Maybe I will just wait awhile and see if there is a miracle and PB offers a coupon code or free shipping...that would entice me enough!
It''s just me being the worry wart - I have a coffee table with glass in it but it was in a separate living room that my kids didn''t play in. Don''t mean to rain on your parade!

You''re so right about the coupon - if I can use a coupon and get $20 more off of what I want then I''m full speed ahead. Funny how you just want a ''little bit'' of a deal and then it''s OK!

I really do like that table though. . .

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I have seen that table at our Pottery Barn outlet for about $150-200 I think. Is there possibly an outlet store within a couple hours drive of you?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Here's something similar at Ikea for only $99. Is there a store near you?

ETA: looks like they'll ship this item as well although I'm not sure of the cost.

ikea47894.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Neat, I'm glad I could find something similar, but I'm sorry they didn't have a full size. That was odd to me, as I couldn't find one anywhere either.

Out of the two you posted, I like the sweeping lines on the right. However, when the kiddos start pulling themselves up, this could easily go toppling over.

Are the two separate pieces that I posted originally an option? I know they look kind of bulky, but the thing I like about them, is that would be very easy to move around if necessary. You know?

Also, can you post the name of the table in the OP. I will search online for coupons!!
9.gif

ETA: Got it. Tanner Table

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 1:47:50 AM
Author: oobiecoo
I have seen that table at our Pottery Barn outlet for about $150-200 I think. Is there possibly an outlet store within a couple hours drive of you?

OOhh thanks Oobie! That's great to know. There isn't one anywhere near me sadly...but there is one near where my MIL works. She's in San Diego but we are moving to the San Francisco area of CA this summer...so she could drive one up to us if they have one when she visits.

I'll give em a call!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 9:01:19 AM
Author: meresal
Neat, I''m glad I could find something similar, but I''m sorry they didn''t have a full size. That was odd to me, as I couldn''t find one anywhere either.

Out of the two you posted, I like the sweeping lines on the right. However, when the kiddos start pulling themselves up, this could easily go toppling over.

Are the two separate pieces that I posted originally an option? I know they look kind of bulky, but the thing I like about them, is that would be very easy to move around if necessary. You know?

Also, can you post the name of the table in the OP. I will search online for coupons!!
9.gif

ETA: Got it. Tanner Table

I agree about the second one toppling...I don''t think it''s sturdy enough.

I don''t love the two table look...gets too busy ya know? I just wish that company made a single one and it would be perfect!

I know I can buy a 10% off PB coupon on ebay for like $5 so at least that would save me basically the shipping cost off the original.

Thanks for your help.
1.gif
I''m going to keep looking-it has to be out there!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 7:53:29 PM
Thanks Ladies!

Burk Those are really cute-but I am after a metal table instead of wood. The reason being that my cat scratches the heck out of wood tables.
29.gif
Shoot...didn''t even realize they were wood. I have to admit, I thought about safety with that table for the babies, too. If they won''t be in the room then I guess it''s not problem. But def. a problem spending $400 on a table in a room you won''t be in much.
15.gif
Good luck!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 12:18:39 PM
Author: Burk
Date: 5/21/2009 7:53:29 PM

Thanks Ladies!

29.gif

Shoot...didn''t even realize they were wood. I have to admit, I thought about safety with that table for the babies, too. If they won''t be in the room then I guess it''s not problem. But def. a problem spending $400 on a table in a room you won''t be in much.
15.gif
Good luck!

Lol...yeah I know...I am such a slave to nice decorating though! Is it wrong to buy the table and then put foam all around the edges for the babies? I am so horrible...
2.gif

Maybe I should just try and find a table with less severe edges...I don''t want round though. Maybe a long oval would be ok...that''s what we have now and it''s fine...

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I agree that decorating is essential.
2.gif
My SIL did the foam on the corners thing with her coffee table. It was effective as far as preventing injuries but kind of puts a damper on the "nice decorating" LOL. Not sure what your couches look like or how you''d feel about something like this? We have a similar storage ottoman as our coffee table and love it. Soft edges AND storage!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results