shape
carat
color
clarity

The Mexican Wedding that Almost Never Was

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ladies!

as some of you may know, I was scheduled to be married in Playa del Carmen on May 29th. Things were going so well with the planning; absolutely no hiccups. Then, news broke out last week that Mexico was hit with the Swine Flu and all hell broke loose!
29.gif

After a week and a bit of Canadian Tour Operators canceling flights and hotel reservations, trying to find a new location, debating the postponement of our wedding, losing all our deposits, and feeling incredibly guilty for the inconveniences/hassles our guests were going through being denied refunds, we got some great news today!
36.gif

Air Canada and Air Transat have agreed to reinstate the hotel reservations and refund the air portion of the packages which we can then apply towards flights with US carriers.
36.gif
It's not as convenient as a direct flight, but we'll take it!

I wanted to thank you all for your help and support. It's been a really stressful time and you all have made it easier to bare.

Right now, I'm just keeping my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that nothing else will go wrong. I tell you, it wouldn't surprise me if Mexico was hit by hail storms, hurricanes, and an invasion of locusts in the coming weeks. That poor country.
39.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, CDN! I''m so happy to hear that you were able to get refunds from the carriers! The 29th is SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lauren!

I tell you, a huge weight has been lifted off my chest. Now I can get back to planning; I''m so behind now!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s brilliant news! WOOHOO!!!
36.gif
36.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!! Wow... So glad things are looking up. I''ll keep my fingers, eyes, and toes crossed for you, as well!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
YAH! Woo Hoo! Yipee! Wowza!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I'll keep everything crossed for you too! CDN, seriously I'm so thrilled for you! I was really worried about you and your wedding plans, and have been checking in for any updates. I didn't want to add to the stress by keeping the other thread alive. But, what awesome news! Please, please, please let us know if there's anything we can help you with! YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, CDN's having her Mexican wedding
36.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been lurking a lot lately, but I had to log in just to join the chorus of relief. Thank goodness!

Good luck with the final planning.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! THE WEDDING IS ON!!!!

What fantastic news!! I''ve been talking about you to Mr. Kama and he is really happy for you too!

yippee10.gif
yippee10.gif
yippee10.gif

P.S.: Did you get my message?

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! Finally some happy news!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, bee*, PilsnPinkysMom, pocahontas, pjean, kama_s, and gaby06! Your support has been really appreciated! We''re still going through some hiccups and our guest list has dropped a bit but that would have happened if we had postponed or changed locations anyways.

Two weeks before we leave!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

HAPPINESS!!!!!!

Ok, Ok, OK..........I''m gonna do t. i''m going to COMPLETELY tempt fate here and say a big, fat hearty:

YAHOOOOOO

....to my.....

9.gif
9.gif
Once and Future DATE TWIN
9.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results