shape
carat
color
clarity

Big Blue debuts...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice Freke!!

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
You got it!

Lovely! I saw the last picture of it too, and happily admired from a distance.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
IK No custom blue ebling yet. Don''t worry, I''ll be singing from the rooftops when it comes in! You guys will be the second to know! (FI has to know first!)

RFT, Musey, Skippy, MP, FG, KatyWI, Babysteps, Lori, Catmom, yingh, bling addict, TL, and Magenta Thank you for the lovely compliments! I''m just absolutely IN LOVE with it!

Gypsy Eh?! What kind of pendant?

icekid I''m working on plans for setting it, but I''m kind of on my own dime for the setting, so it may be cheapish, unless it works out just so...I''ll keep you posted. I will tell you one thing though--don''t expect any diamonds!

Chrono Yeah it does! Pinky looks downright DINKY next to Big ol'' blue...

StoneHunter Try not to be!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is such a beautiful stone and so nice of your dad to make it your wedding gift. I''m curious to see what the setting looks like. It will look great on it''s own, and doesn''t need diamonds!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone. Pendants are great but I think it''ll look amazing as ring. Can you save up for a James Meyer setting?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''m really not a blue stone person, but those shade photos are really
30.gif
(that''s why I''d seriously think about bezeling it, but it your call, of course).

Enjoy it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 6:26:37 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Diffused sunlight/shadows
This shot takes my breath away. I love, love, love that blue color. I''d make it into a wedding pendant. You can either go with an inexpensive Stuller setting, or see if dad will pay for a designer setting. In any case, that is a fabulous stone. I wouldn''t make a RHR with it. It shouldn''t show up your e-ring.

So beautiful.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
And weren''t you thinking of a blue addition for your white topaz wedding necklace? At 8 mm maybe it could be incorporated between them somehow.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 2:00:20 AM
Author: CravingDiamonds
That is such a beautiful stone and so nice of your dad to make it your wedding gift. I''m curious to see what the setting looks like. It will look great on it''s own, and doesn''t need diamonds!
Thanks! I think he could tell how much I wanted it when I called him. He rarely ever goes for any of my whims...

I don''t think it needs diamonds either!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 2:53:53 AM
Author: Lovinggems
Gorgeous stone. Pendants are great but I think it''ll look amazing as ring. Can you save up for a James Meyer setting?
I think I want a ring. I''m just not a pendant girl. they pull out my hair and that drives me NUTS. And hurts.

No James Meyer here I''m afraid. I''m wanting a big OEC/OMC in the future, and that sucker will be destined for a JM.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Woah ho ho!!!! Wow. Big BLUE is the perfect name for that gorgeous stunner!!!
30.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 5:20:16 AM
Author: ma re
OK, I''m really not a blue stone person, but those shade photos are really
30.gif
(that''s why I''d seriously think about bezeling it, but it your call, of course).

Enjoy it!
Lol Ma re!!!! I''m in talks with the vendor now. I''ll let you guys know...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 9:57:02 AM
Author: Fly Girl
This shot takes my breath away. I love, love, love that blue color. I''d make it into a wedding pendant. You can either go with an inexpensive Stuller setting, or see if dad will pay for a designer setting. In any case, that is a fabulous stone. I wouldn''t make a RHR with it. It shouldn''t show up your e-ring.

So beautiful.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hey Fly Girl!
The reason I''m going to do a ring (besides the hair pulling) is that I can admire it. But that''s not really it. My RHR finger is a size 7, and my left is a 6.5, and I''m thinking I could just wear it on my left hand when it''s some fancy occasion. Most of the time, after we get married, I''ll just wear my wedding band anyway, and then dress it up with a solitaire that matches my outfit or floats my boat that day.
3.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:21:45 AM
Author: ma re
And weren''t you thinking of a blue addition for your white topaz wedding necklace? At 8 mm maybe it could be incorporated between them somehow.
Lol. I was. Not anymore though. Budget is too tight. I probably won''t get even the second necklace now. Eh well....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 12:48:50 PM
Author: geckodani
Woah ho ho!!!! Wow. Big BLUE is the perfect name for that gorgeous stunner!!!
30.gif
Lol! Thanks Dani! I think so too! I didn''t really know what to expect, sizewise, but it''s HUGE! (well compared to my other spinels anyway!)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Liz, your spinel is gorgeous, gorgeous and gorgeous. The color is so well saturated and I love how it color shifts. I am so happy you bought that beauty. I just
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 1:08:10 PM

Date: 5/7/2009 9:57:02 AM
Author: Fly Girl

So beautiful.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hey Fly Girl!
The reason I''m going to do a ring (besides the hair pulling) is that I can admire it. But that''s not really it. My RHR finger is a size 7, and my left is a 6.5, and I''m thinking I could just wear it on my left hand when it''s some fancy occasion. Most of the time, after we get married, I''ll just wear my wedding band anyway, and then dress it up with a solitaire that matches my outfit or floats my boat that day.
3.gif
Sounds like a plan.
1.gif

Too bad about the hair pulling. I wear a pendant daily (I pick one that matches my outfit), and I do find that certain chains are bad that way. But there are many that leave my hair alone, and they tend to be my favorites.
28.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the ring.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Freke- can''t wait to see your reset AND your new ring. I am with you on the pendants. Setting stones is such a problem for me, because rings are the only thing on my mind. How many rings can a girl have???

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 1:57:52 PM
Author: icekid
Freke- can''t wait to see your reset AND your new ring. I am with you on the pendants. Setting stones is such a problem for me, because rings are the only thing on my mind. How many rings can a girl have???
Never enough! Lol!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Linda and Gypsy! I''m really excited about everything! Yay!

Fly Girl--It''s especially a problem right now because I''m trying to grow my hair out for the wedding. With fine thin hair to begin with...I don''t need extra hairs being pulled out or torn!

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
What a sweet story and a stunning stone. Great dad too! Enjoy your exquisite beauty.

aquasea

Rough_Rock
Trade
YAY! I am so glad you got this beauty. I lost sleep over it too. I saw the pics before the drop too and spent hours gazing at them and doing lots of soul searching about whether I or not I could justify buying this beauty when I already had two other stones on their way to me (having never bought a coloured stone before in my life!). In the end I decided it wasn''t the right time for me to buying. I am so happy it''s gone to such a great home (and to one that we will get to see lots of pictures to drool over from afar!)
Congratulations. Big Blue really is stunning. What a lovely wedding present.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I am so lovin'' that blue honker stone of yours!!! WOW!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rockit and mochi!!! I love it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 6:54:16 PM
Author: aquasea
YAY! I am so glad you got this beauty. I lost sleep over it too. I saw the pics before the drop too and spent hours gazing at them and doing lots of soul searching about whether I or not I could justify buying this beauty when I already had two other stones on their way to me (having never bought a coloured stone before in my life!). In the end I decided it wasn''t the right time for me to buying. I am so happy it''s gone to such a great home (and to one that we will get to see lots of pictures to drool over from afar!)

Congratulations. Big Blue really is stunning. What a lovely wedding present.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks Aquasea! I spent so much time looking at those pictures. I showed them to my dad, to my FI, to my friends...

Well I''m relieved to know that you decided against buying it.

Speaking of pictures, I need to take some more tomorrow. Or at least this weekend. I''m totally slacking in the picture department. I''ll remedy that soon! I promise!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Freke - You better go with your big bad blue self!
9.gif
Your stone is amazing! Glad you went with it!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:15:43 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Freke - You better go with your big bad blue self!
9.gif
Your stone is amazing! Glad you went with it!!
Ditto to what Spark said!!!
36.gif

Lori

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Just gorgeous!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Freke, what an absolutely GORGEOUS stone!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results