shape
carat
color
clarity

What constitutes a period? (possible TMI)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting married in 3 months (
36.gif
) and we will be TTC in the fall. So right now I''m trying hard to chart my oh so irregular period.

This might be TMI...I apologize, but I''m really wondering! What constitutes a period?

I went off BC a little over 2 months ago. About 25 days after I went off, I had a period. I was shocked! Since then, I haven''t really had one. I''ve had some brownish discharge here and there, but nothing that would require more than a panty liner. So I''m wondering...is it my period? It was super light, but it was definitely more than "normal" stuff you might get. If this is a dumb question, feel free to make fun of me too.
37.gif

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Maybe your body is still adjusting to the hormonal changes of coming off the pill?
Could you be pregnant cuz it may be implantation bleeding?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
No way. I''m 99% sure (or whatever the percentage is for condoms!) that I''m not. When I''ve been off the pill before, this has happened, so it''s no new thing for me. Just weird, and I don''t know whether to chart it as having a period or not.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
P.S. in the past when I got off of BC, it has taken me up to 3 months to have a normal period. This brown spotting stuff would occur on and off throughout, but no rhyme or reason for it. It would come, then stay for a few days, then go, then come back a few days later, then go again, etc.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Oh I see!
That''s a little tricky...
Are you using ovulation sticks? Those worked well for me when I was trying to
track my period.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That doesn''t sound like an official period, but as was mentioned, more of your body adjusting. It''ll get there. . .give it some time and surely your body will be back to normal by fall.

Might as well begin taking prenatals just in case a condom breaks. lol
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could be could not be. No way for us to tell here. But just FYI-Condoms are only about 85-90% effective with normal use. The 97-99% number is with PERFECT use.

So just to play devil''s advocate if you have other symptoms please do get a pregnancy test because spotting happens in pregnancy too. But it is likely your body just getting adjusted...

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I would say you're body is still re-adjusting not really a period. Mine does the same thing and my OB says it's normal.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t count the brownish stuff as more than spotting... but just use your own judgment and make notes when you feel unsure. What''s most important is to have a record that makes sense to you, since you will be interpreting it (either for your own purposes or to a doctor).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results