shape
carat
color
clarity

thoughts on claw prongs, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LJS300

Rough_Rock
Please let me know if you have an opinion as to whether double claw prongs would overwhelm a 1.46 size round brilliant center stone? The setting I have in mind will have 3 round stones on either side of the center stone, about .10 each, in a shared prong setting with either a single prong or two prongs very close together, so that the prongs don''t square off the look of the side stones. I prefer the look of more stone than metal, but there is something about the look of the double claw that I really like for the center stone. My other thought is to just have single claw prongs (4, not 6) but have a groove in the middle so that they''re not entirely split.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2009 12:44:23 PM
Author:LJS300
Please let me know if you have an opinion as to whether double claw prongs would overwhelm a 1.46 size round brilliant center stone? The setting I have in mind will have 3 round stones on either side of the center stone, about .10 each, in a shared prong setting with either a single prong or two prongs very close together, so that the prongs don''t square off the look of the side stones. I prefer the look of more stone than metal, but there is something about the look of the double claw that I really like for the center stone. My other thought is to just have single claw prongs (4, not 6) but have a groove in the middle so that they''re not entirely split.

Any ideas? Thanks!
This is one of my fave looks and I believe it would be fine with the size you have in mind.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
It depends on who makes them but normally, no I don''t think it will overwhelm the center because the prongs will be soo small. And by that I''m assuming you mean double claw prongs.

Either options sounds good. If you go with the double I would only do four doubles, not six.

Hope that helps.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I ever get prongs... it will definitely be double Claw prongs.. I just love them
30.gif
30.gif
, especially the ones that leon mege produces.... I don''t think it overwhelms the diamond at all, gives it a subtle unique look.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I really like the double prong look and I think it would look great with your diamond
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

LJS300

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!!
21.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think the double claw prongs will look just fine, as long as they are delicate, which I''m sure they will be
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results