shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your "K" colored diamonds!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd love to see pictures if you have them! I know there's a few of you out there... L and M colored stones welcome too!
2.gif
I'm mostly interested in RBs, but I won't discriminate.

How do you feel about the warmth? What type of metal is your diamond set into? Why did you choose a K (or L or M)?

I'm just, you know, curious for no reason what-so-ever.
4.gif

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
The K color suits the antique style I wanted. Doesn't it look like a 200 year old ring?
2.gif

Here's the Daussi 0.42ct K/SI2 cushion in micropaved platinum setting in a rather diffused light:

DF-2A.JPG

Burk

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring stone is a K-L. It''s set in white gold (repo vintage setting). My stone is an OEC and I just like them best in the K-N range. And, it didn''t hurt that we could save some money to get the size we wanted. I''ve posted these pics on here before, but here''s a couple of my ring.

burkringpic1.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock

burkeringpic2.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and DD, what are you up to?!? Is this a push present?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is mine, its set in 14k yg. and it faces up white...enough.. 1.21 carat ACA SI1. I chose it more for size, and I can get away with K in yellow gold. but i really do like stone colors in the J-K, there are some lighting that is a bit noticeable, but the sparkle factor trumped everything else, cut made all the difference. I probably wouldn''t have gone lower than I if it were not for the cut.

kcoloreringterry09.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burk- That is a gorgeous ring! btw.... love your AVATAR... what a Q T!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your ring Burk. It''s fab!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
dannyandterry~Thanks! Your little ones are cuties too!

bee~Thank you!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Here is my M color pendant, and here''s a thread with LOTS of pictures. I got the M color because I''d been curious for a while about the lower colors in a really great cut. Also, I wanted a half carat stone on a really low budget that still had tons of sparkle. It''s set in unplated white gold, which I think works perfectly for the stone. You can see warmth in it, but it still looks white to me most of the time. When you do se the warmth, I think "antique white" is a good way to desribe what I see. I love it!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pics-of-my-finished-pendant-and-h-m-color-comparison.112052/

hand2ab.JPG

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got a k! It was between 2 stones for me, a .93 K and a .764 H. They were the same price. Pretty much everyone told me to go for the H when I posted stats, but the K just really spoke to me. I really love the warmth. Mine''s set in 14k white gold. I haven''t had the gold plated since right before our wedding, so it has a warmer hue to it than it did when I first got it. I knew what our budget was on the ring and hadn''t really thought much about lower colored stones until I saw my K in person. We''d been looking more in the 3/4 ct range until I found this one. Almost 3 years later and I''m still really happy with the choice that I made.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, it looks like my photo didn''t work. Here''s my engagement thread with some pics on it though: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-engaged.49669/

Dreamer, I want to know what project you''re doing research for! Spill!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is my 1.5 M I1. I bought it because it is beautiful and a fantastic price! Its in yellow gold because I wanted to return to YG. The head is platinum though.

maisiemdiamondinfinity.jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm the worst photographer in the world. Maybe I'll try take some new pics this year. This is my 1.77 RB K VS1 in Beverly K (18K white gold) setting from Pearlman's. OMG totally forgot to answer your questions. The stone came as an estate buy, in a YG shank/platinum 6 prong setting which made the diamond look smaller and did nothing for the stone (prongs to prominent). Then I put it in a temporary 14WG solitaire setting which looked good but boring to me. I decided on the BK because I felt the warmth of the stone would be enhanced or look good in a vintage type setting. The cut is very good but not ideal. No idea how old the stone is, and it's uncerted. The BK setting sits very low, and I think this sometimes is not the best thing for the colour of the stone, although the side view where you can see warmth is completely obscured. The colour of the stone shows more in certain lighting situations, but most of the time it looks quite white.

lyrasbkk177.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 1:46:56 PM
Author: DiamondFlame
The K color suits the antique style I wanted. Doesn''t it look like a 200 year old ring?
2.gif

Here''s the Daussi 0.42ct K/SI2 cushion in micropaved platinum setting in a rather diffused light:
It totally looks old! LOL! Except that the pave is probably much more precise, what with machines and all.
3.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 2:08:47 PM
Author: Burk
My e-ring stone is a K-L. It''s set in white gold (repo vintage setting). My stone is an OEC and I just like them best in the K-N range. And, it didn''t hurt that we could save some money to get the size we wanted. I''ve posted these pics on here before, but here''s a couple of my ring.
Burk I didn''t know you have a KL... love the OECs, one day I would like to get one myself. It looks great in that setting!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jelly''s .94ct K

JellySetWebDD.jpg

icet

Rough_Rock
I
30.gif
K''s. I wasn''t looking for 1, I was actually looking for a J emerald but I ended up falling for a radiant K =)

The warmth doesn''t bother me. I only notice the warmth when I''m outside against my wedding band which has f-g colored stones then it kinda makes me look at it twice but then I shake it off coz I love the stone so much!

The setting is a temp setting in platinum, i''m still deciding what permanent setting to put it in but for now I''m enjoying the solitaire.

008icet.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a thread about Ks that Sunkist started back in 2006... https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/k-color-stones-in-platinum-wg.43782/

Here is something that Mara said in the linked thread that I think is very apropos: "From what I have seen, just like J's......K's have their charm too and as the next color on the chart, I don't see much difference between a well-cut J and a well-cut K. Maybe in larger stone sizes but even then some of the K's we see on here look 'white' AND their owners tend to agree. I think that over time K's will be just as acceptable as J's have become in the last 2-3 years on here...and we'll see more of them, esp if diamond prices continue to climb!"

The highlighted part is something that I think is totally true... here we are three years later and WF carries Ks as a matter of course. Not that long ago Js were frowned upon, but now they are everywhere...on PS! In real life people are still snooty patooty about Js. I have a J now and get comments from B&M people all the time about how I should set it is yellow gold if my diamond is "not as colourless as I would want"
20.gif
Nooooo, my diamond is as colourless as I would want! LOL!

Luckily, NO ONE I know in real life known bubkiss about diamonds and colour. All they see is BIG and SPARKLY. So that removes the social stigma against Js and Ks, which is one of the only reasons I can think of to avoid these colors. Color valuations are totally socially created, IMHO.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Old Gold has an awesome video featured this week about diamond colors with LOTS of side-by-side comparisons.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 7:01:50 PM
Author: kcoursolle
One of my favorite K''s of all time is Sunkist''s. Her thread is also pretty useful for anyone considering a K stone: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-got-wf-pics-of-diamond-what-do-you-think.43869/

Hey DD! What are you planning, girly???
4.gif
Well it looks like you''ve seen plenty of pics of my stone! (thanks Kcoursolle for linking!) I can''t believe how many pics I posted in that thread
9.gif
I do love my K. I think the biggest reason that got me looking at Ks was price/size. It''s kind of what was available at the time. I would LOVE it if I could have my K set in a more antiquey type setting. It''s in a plain 6-prong solitaire now. Platinum too, which I like. Being a K, it can range to looking all different shades, just depending on the surrounding light. Sometimes I look at it and it''s blinding white. Other times I see the creamy tones.

Burk I love your antique-ish setting and the OMC!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 3:15:16 PM
Author: Maisie
I absolutely love Arjunajane''s beautiful K!! I hope its ok to post it. Link
Of course its ok !
Thankyou for doing so Maisie
35.gif

Love everyone''s yummy stones, and also looking at the older threads - fun!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane -

i just love your ring. it''s truly beautiful.

also - isnt coatimundi''s new jim meyer ring a k? i cant recall for sure, but i think it might be and it''s gorgeous also and worth a post on this thread...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results