shape
carat
color
clarity

The studs went back.. now I get to choose something else! Opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Ok I''m going to say get the .50 cttw bezel studs from ID Jewelry NOW! They''re almost the same price as the smaller whiteflash ones. I''ve said it before but I''ll say it again... I LOVE mine and they are very sparkly!
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 5:52:31 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Ok I''m going to say get the .50 cttw bezel studs from ID Jewelry NOW! They''re almost the same price as the smaller whiteflash ones. I''ve said it before but I''ll say it again... I LOVE mine and they are very sparkly!
9.gif
The only, and I mean ONLY thing holding me back is the fact that I really, REALLY want the martini style settings.
14.gif
Otherwise I''d be all over the .50 from ID!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Gecko Logic:

I've been saving at a rate of about $100 a month, give or take 20 bucks.

I need another $545 for the .50 studs. So. We're looking at September/October if I go solely for the studs.

But... If I get the scattered diamond hoops NOW, that would only set me back 3 months on the studs. And if I get the hoops now, I have something lovely to wear between now and September. And then the studs will arrive around Christmas, which seems fitting to me.

And - I keep coming back to the hoops! They were the next thing on my wishlist, and I think I shall just bump them up to the top.

I really, REALLY need to make sure that I would even wear the studs. This requires more research.
9.gif
And sneaking into Tiff's to see some .50 bezels up close and personal!

I also have no intention of letting my second piercings close, so the studs, when I get them, WILL be alternated with my usualy hoops/small studs combo.

If I'm not making sense, smack me, but it makes sense in my head. The husband agrees, LOL. Then again, he's used to my brand of odd logic.
12.gif

ETA: At the very least I was planning to get a nicer pair of WG hoops - the ones I found that I liked were almost $200. So for $100 I get some sparkly ACA melee!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the scattered diamond hoops in Maisie''s pic. Would certainly be pretty and sparkly for summer!

I think you should really check out the size on the .50 bezel earrings. Could be that they would be too big for your second piercing - you never know. All lobes are different in size and shape! Makes you wonder why we have these pieces of skin hanging off our ears - just for jewelers to make money??

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 9:20:52 AM
Author: MissGotRocks
I really like the scattered diamond hoops in Maisie''s pic. Would certainly be pretty and sparkly for summer!

I think you should really check out the size on the .50 bezel earrings. Could be that they would be too big for your second piercing - you never know. All lobes are different in size and shape! Makes you wonder why we have these pieces of skin hanging off our ears - just for jewelers to make money??
I''d wear the studs in my first piercing.
1.gif

LMAO at the ear question. Ears are weird. I mean - who came up with the earring idea? I think you''re right - it must have been a jeweler''s conspiracy.
27.gif

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Studs are so much better than hoops, just save for the bigger studs. Studs are dressy or classic and can be worn all the time, they sparkle much better than hoops! Whenever I watch a movie, the earrings that catch my eyes are always simple studs, no matter what size. I think after you get your .50 bezels any other earrings will just sit in your jewelry chest and be a waste of money.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I also wanted to add that I wasn''t that happy with my ID jewelry purchase so I wouldn''t order earrings from them. I custom ordered a ring, waited till it was in and was greatly disappointed. It was bulky and uncomfortable~ sent it back and when it was returned it did look much nicer(noticed they kept the ring box and sent it back in an envelope, tacky in my opinion) and now it''s pitting where they had sized it-even though I haven''t worn it yet. So, I was out the return shipping cost, the time, the ring box and now have to pay someone to fix the pitting because I certainly am not having them do it. I would return the whole darn thing but since it was custom I can''t even do that.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 12:14:33 PM
Author: geckodani
Date: 4/6/2009 11:54:12 AM

Author: Bliss

Once you get the rockin'' studs, you will rarely ever wear other earrings again. (OK, maybe that''s just me!)

I''m actually the sort of person that switches out her earrings on a regular basis. I don''t sleep in my jewelry, and pick what I want to wear each morning. So they''d both get worn!
9.gif

Save for the larger studs!! I used to change my earrings every day and always carefully planned them for my outfit. Earrings are the one item that I wouldn''t be caught dead outside the house without. I thought after having my diamond studs for around a year that the need to wear them around 75% of the time would wear off. It hasn''t.

I like the Dream of Africa earrings a lot, but the post placement looks wrong to me. Stud earrings should cover my earring hole, not dangle from it. If the posts were in the middle rather than the top of the studs I''d like them much better.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s really annoying. I quoted that all wrong and I can''t figure out how to fix it.

Do you know that you aren''t a stud gal? I''m a dangle earring person but for some reason simple pearl studs and simple diamond studs just work for me. They are the only stud earrings I wear. Other than those, nothing shorter than an inch gets worn.

A trip to Tiff''s is in order!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results