shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my new E-ring setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my new setting pictures as promised from the Rocky Talky forum - see topic 'Got My New Setting Today in L.A.'.

The specs are as follows: Platinum setting with two F, VS1, .30 ct stones on either side of my 1.90 ct F, VS2 H&A GIA EX EX center stone, 1.2 HCA.

Hope you guys like it!
10.gif

eringn-1.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pic #2

eringn3.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pic #3

eringn4.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pic #4

ering5n.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
How strange! The first photo disappeared after I uploaded the second one...oh, well, here it is again.

eringn6.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Oh my God! Now that's a serious ring! Looks really great!
Looks Ritani-sh... Is it?

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Is that the setting from Karadolian Mfg. Co.? I ordered a setting from them through Karagosian Jewelers here in Michigan about two weeks ago.It's a platinum art-deco style with bead set diamonds around the outside and baguettes in the center.The center stone is set in a square box(for a rb).I don't know how else to describe it,but vintage ring lovers will know what I mean.I asked them to reduce the size of the "box" so I would still have that look,but with less metal showing.Karagosian told me it would take 2-3 weeks,but Karadolian said they'd have to build a new one.I know nothing about them.Are they relatively fast? Are you happy with the outcome and do you know if they have a website? By the way,your ring is gorgeous!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Giangi, thanks, no it is manufactured by the people I purchased from, Karadolian Mfg. Co.

Lulu, thanks for the compliment, they are very fast (4 days) and the setting job is perfect. Also, unless you specify otherwise, they use the best color and clarity stones (usually G, VS1 I was told). All of their settings are so gorgeous that I just couldn't decide. They had literally drawers full of settings in the rough in their manufacturing area. I was like a kid in a candy store.

I believe that their mainstay is wholesale to other retailers, but they do sell to the public as well, just in the L.A. Jewelry Mart. By the way, I loved the settings they had with the stones set on the side and the vintage-like settings. If only I had a bunch of spare center stones!
sad.gif
But then how would I choose what to wear each day?
10.gif

I have lost some weight recently, so I am afraid that I will need to have those balls sodered into the setting so it won't twirl on my finger. My last setting had a thicker width, so it didn't do that as much. Darn those knuckles, anyway!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info.Funny you should mention the size thing because I've been losing weight too and this setting has engraving all the way around the band.Other than putting in those beads is there any way to downsize without losing the engraving?

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lulu, you can always send your setting back to have it resized and re-engraved in that section of the band.

By the way, they have no website.
10.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
My heart just broke, I was going to search for their site after reading this thread. Carat girl your ring is gorgeous and Lulu, I'm dying to see yours too. It sounds phenom. Too bad no website, I wonder where I can see their settings in Chicago-any one know?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CG what an awesome ring and I loveeeeeee the look of it on your hand!!
1.gif
That center stone is swoonable!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lanee, thanks! I am going back to them on Monday, to get those infernal balls soldered in so the ring doesn't twirl on my finger (a bit top-heavy). I will find out who they sell to in the area if you like, or better yet, let me give you their phone number 213-489-2416. The designer name that they inscribe inside the setting is Dekara. The owner's name is Setrag Karadolian (try saying that real fast a few times!), and I am sure that he can point you in the right direction.

Mara, thank you very much! I really can't believe how the H&A sparkle really does outperform the regular nice cut on the side stones. I just got back from the appraiser and she really liked the new ring a lot better as well. I can't wait to pick up my custom anniversary/wedding band on Monday. Woohoo, more pictures. You guys will be sick of my photos before I'm done.
11.gif
10.gif

Balustroid

Rough_Rock
Helpppp! I love that ring!!!

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited to see the band. Thanks for the info.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Caratgirl.....absolutely gorgeous ring!

Lulu, how much does this art deco setting from the same company cost? I'm in L.A. and dying to find a good source for antiquey settings.

1.gif
Melissa

lulu

Ideal_Rock
The Karadolian setting I bought at the Michigan jeweler was about $2700.I thought it was a bit pricey,but I picked it up Friday and I love it.It has two baguettes on either side of the center stone and bead set diamonds around the entire front.It just makes the center stone jump out(1.5rb)I had them set it a little higher than the original setting called for,but it still has that antique squared off look.It's platinum.I'll really try to post pictures this weekend.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys,

It's too late tonight to post the pics of my band, but I will do it tomorrow. Only problem with the band is that I had it ordered from a different vendor before picking out the e-ring setting. Boo, don't anyone else do this!

It's a bit much with the e-ring for my taste, so I will either have to live with it for awhile & see if I get used to the look or wear it separately or get it resized to wear on my right hand. Yeah...a new right hand ring!

Anyway, you will be able to see what I mean when I post the picture tomorrow.

I can't wait to see your pictures Lulu!

I also asked for a jewelry store that carries the designs in Chicago, so he will check for you Lanee. I hope he remembers...
10.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Beautiful ring and great looking stones. Can't wait to see the band.

Congratulations!
appl.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

As promised, here are 4 more shots, Two are of the wedding band, 1.40 ct total, G color, SI1 clarity. Ihad two stones added to the band, & now wish I hadn't, since the band seems too wide on my size 5 finger, and overpowers the ering. Oh well
15.gif
. Here is the first shot.
10.gif

wedband1.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Shot #2

wedband3.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Together with the ering

ewed1.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Last one
twirl.gif

ewed2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow those two together are really imposing!! I can see what you mean about larger knuckles etc..I am the same way. My ring spins alot because my knuckles are big and my actual finger is not! Oh well. I don't really mind it...it's just funny. Wish I had smaller knuckles though.

Lovely set!! Maybe you can wear the wed ring on the right hand? Or the eRing? Or get a second wed ring and wear them together on the left, then e-ring on the right? Our jewelers wife wears her two eternity pave style wedding bands (about 3mm each) together on the left hand side, and her 4mm e-ring on the right. It's a cool way to have rings on both hands!
2.gif

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

I LOVE the set together, but then again, it looks similar to mine, so I am baised! The only difference is that mine is five stones, and I have one single prong set between each diamond, not the common prong, like you do.

I like the ***bling*** factor, and don't mind the somewhat chunky look. But, as Mara said, you could wear the wedding band on your left hand, and the e-ring on your right hand, (everyone suggests that I do this too) since your e-ring is formidable on its own BUT, after reading your first post about your original e-ring desigh, I think you werelooking forward to wearing them together since you could never wear a wedding band with your original e-ring.

Is there anyway you can ask the jeweler to remove the two extra stones and have a five stone ring (of course, this would mean resetting the stones in a new ring)... if you are unhappy with the way it looks, and he wants to make you happy, he might do this without much of an extra charge. In fact, you are giving him back two stones, so he would owe you money back, right? I am sure the jeweler has the five stone mold already made, and you wouldn't need to pay for the cost of making a new mold, you only may have to still pay for the labor involved in making the severn stone mold for this ring.

Yours are 20 points each, right? I have five stones, 30 points each, and it's JUST fitting on the width of my finger. My fingers are also thin below the knuckle, but to get over the knuckle I wear a size SIX!

Anyway, I love the ring!
appl.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara & Fancy,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will take the next two weeks and see if I can decide what to do ... while I sun myself in Hawaii! Nephew's wedding, so we are staying with my sister. I will be suffering from PS withdrawal!
10.gif

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
naughty.gif

Goodnight thats a stunning pair of rings there. The center hearts and arrows is the show stopper!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results