shape
carat
color
clarity

BCBG Rehersal Dinner Dress!! OMG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 7:12:13 AM
Author: iloveprincesscuts
Violet, thanks for posting your pic, do you have any more? ???? I can''t wait til it arrives! how was the fit on you, did you get your ''normal'' size??
Porridge, I wonder aboout the chest too, i actually wear a size 4 pants, BUT i bought the dress in a 6 because im a 34D and was afraid the bust would not fit. Im hoping the 6 will work and that the waist wont be too big. if it is - i''ll bring it to my alterations lady for help. Look on ebay and do google searches for the dress! you''ll find it at a great price if you want.
So I was between a 6 and an 8, closer to a 6. I bought a 6 without trying it on. It was really tight. I figured I might have to get it let out a tiny bit. I lost weight before the wedding, probably from stress or not eating or whatever and it luckily fit without needing any alteration. I''m about a 36B/34C and it was quite snug in the top area. I can probably dig up a few more pics. This dress didn''t have a lot of give for me so it was tough buying it untried on but let me know how yours fits when you get it. I don''t think buying a size up is a bad idea at all.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 11:21:33 PM
Author: violet02

Date: 4/5/2009 7:12:13 AM
Author: iloveprincesscuts
Violet, thanks for posting your pic, do you have any more? ???? I can''t wait til it arrives! how was the fit on you, did you get your ''normal'' size??
Porridge, I wonder aboout the chest too, i actually wear a size 4 pants, BUT i bought the dress in a 6 because im a 34D and was afraid the bust would not fit. Im hoping the 6 will work and that the waist wont be too big. if it is - i''ll bring it to my alterations lady for help. Look on ebay and do google searches for the dress! you''ll find it at a great price if you want.
So I was between a 6 and an 8, closer to a 6. I bought a 6 without trying it on. It was really tight. I figured I might have to get it let out a tiny bit. I lost weight before the wedding, probably from stress or not eating or whatever and it luckily fit without needing any alteration. I''m about a 36B/34C and it was quite snug in the top area. I can probably dig up a few more pics. This dress didn''t have a lot of give for me so it was tough buying it untried on but let me know how yours fits when you get it. I don''t think buying a size up is a bad idea at all.
Yes if you can find some other pics please post them. I am glad to hear you say the dress doen''st have much "give" - makes me feel better that i got the 6.
if it was strechy i could always squeeze my chest into the 4 (as i do with a VS dress) BUT i had a feeling just by looking at it, that that wasn''t the case and took the chance with getting the 6, now im SO glad i did. YAY!
i wish it would come in already!

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
Love it! Now I know to check out the BCBGs around here this weekend.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
It''s kind of funny, my stepbrother''s finace''s mom suggested she buy this dress to wear instead of the organic cotton hemp dress she bought. It''s cute enough to be a bridal dress imo... she dissed it though and said it wasn''t anymore bridal-y than the dress she got. This dress is like 100x cuter! Do not diss the BCBG dress!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I can dig up some other pics but I tried to find an ''action'' shot. This is us walking back up the ''aisle'' after our rehearsal.

I look kind of ''poochy'' in this shot so please ignore the tummy!!
3.gif

rehearsalddress2.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Okay here's a big front shot for you.

This dress was somewhat similar to my wedding dress in terms of the ruching, interestingly enough but I loved wearing it!

ETA: I want to add that it photographs pretty white. When I pulled it out of my closet today though it looked pretty cream/ivory colored. I remember being suprised by how much darker it looked in person but in photos... it looks different!

reheardress3.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous...it''s very possible that I have to have this dress...

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Violet, its looks SO GREAT on you! i can''t wait til mine comes in, i think it may arrive this week! Woohoo
SO SO excited and im psyched i got the yellow (even though originally i wanted white only)
because now i can wear it to other weddings and boy i definitly will! YAY

looks so good ! love it! thanks for pics, post more if you can find them.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results