shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
King George III (known as the king who lost America), was born in 1738. King George III''s father, the Prince of Wales died when he was young. When George III was 22, in 1760, his grandfather, George II, died. On September 8th, 1761 he married Princess Charlotte Sophia from Mecklenburg-Strelitz, in Germany and on September 22nd, 1761, George III became the King of England. George himself was of partial German ancestry. George and Charlotte had 15 children, one of whom, George IV would be the next king.

King George III sat upon the throne of England from 1760-1820.

KingGeorge3rd_Family.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
King George VI and Queen Elizabeth

king-george-and-elizabeth.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
James VI and I, 1566 - 1625. King of Scotland 1567 - 1625. King of England and Ireland 1603 - 16251604

This portrait shows James VI of Scotland after he had acceded to the English throne on Queen Elizabeth''s death and moved down to London. The jewel on his hat, known as the Mirror of Great Britain, was commissioned to commemorate the union of the Scottish and English crowns in 1603. One of the diamonds had been a gift to Mary, Queen of Scots, from her father-in-law, the King of France. This painting is based on an official portrait of the king by John de Critz. James disliked sitting for his picture and there are few portraits of him from the life.

notice the really nice horse pendant he wears.

PG 561.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
henry, king of England from 1509 to 1547...i love the jewels! to be able to paint such jewels must have been a great effort!

henry7-new.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t even know who this represents, but when a saw her i just though my goodness, wow! what a beautiful queen this lady is...anyone know who she is? her jewels are lovely..

mt1117812010.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 8:45:12 AM
Author: Sithathoriunet
i don''t even know who this represents, but when a saw her i just though my goodness, wow! what a beautiful queen this lady is...anyone know who she is? her jewels are lovely..

This lovely lady happens to be Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine. Notice the crest on her bodice? The hawk on her left is a huge symbol of the Aquitaines...she was an avid falconer.

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Here is another painting of Eleanor of Aquitaine:

aquitaine11.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 2:14:39 PM
Author: shadowed_rain

This lovely lady happens to be Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine. Notice the crest on her bodice? The hawk on her left is a huge symbol of the Aquitaines...she was an avid falconer.
oh! thankyou! for this info, and the historical facts as well! i love the painting, and the one you just posted with her on the horse is magnificant! what a beauty she was!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 8:39:06 AM
James VI and I, 1566 - 1625. King of Scotland 1567 - 1625. King of England and Ireland 1603 - 16251604

This portrait shows James VI of Scotland after he had acceded to the English throne on Queen Elizabeth's death and moved down to London. The jewel on his hat, known as the Mirror of Great Britain, was commissioned to commemorate the union of the Scottish and English crowns in 1603. One of the diamonds had been a gift to Mary, Queen of Scots, from her father-in-law, the King of France. This painting is based on an official portrait of the king by John de Critz. James disliked sitting for his picture and there are few portraits of him from the life.

Hi, all!

I think that this is the insignia of The order of the Garter, but decorated with precious stnes and pearls to match James I's royal status. I like the buttons of his shirt. They remind me of the Iranian cuff-links.

I am sorry, but I'll have to tell something about the rings too. I don't think that man should wear rolling/trinity rings, but it depends on one's personal choise. IMO it's your right, girls, to wear ornate jewels, although I wouldn't mind wearring some of the puzzle rings posted by Jena;-) I'd also loke to remind you of the Coronation rings, that incorporate large rubies, sapphires and diamonds.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is Queen Anne Marie of Greece with the The Khedive of Egypt Tiara. She inherited it from her mother in 2000. HM arrives to attend the wedding between Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier, 24 May 2008. The tiara was a wedding present from the Khedive of Egypt to Pss Margaret of Connaught, who in 1905 married the future Gustav VI Adolf of Sweden.There''s a tradition in the family, that all direct female descendants of the princess should wear the tiara on their wedding day.

dvnbjn.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I have a question - Where does this diamond necklace come from? Ir''s often worn with some of the large emeralds from the greec collection.. HM''s sister, Princess Benedikte, also has a diamond necklace, that really looks like this one. Do you think that the two sisters are exchanging the same jewel?

508836291.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 5:47:25 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Date: 4/1/2009 8:39:06 AM

This portrait shows James VI of Scotland after he had acceded to the English throne on Queen Elizabeth''s death and moved down to London. The jewel on his hat, known as the Mirror of Great Britain, was commissioned to commemorate the union of the Scottish and English crowns in 1603. One of the diamonds had been a gift to Mary, Queen of Scots, from her father-in-law, the King of France. This painting is based on an official portrait of the king by John de Critz. James disliked sitting for his picture and there are few portraits of him from the life.

Hi, all!

I think that this is the insignia of The order of the Garter, but decorated with precious stnes and pearls to match James I''s royal status. I like the buttons of his shirt. They remind me of the Iranian cuff-links.

I am sorry, but I''ll have to tell something about the rings too. I don''t think that man should wear rolling/trinity rings, but it depends on one''s personal choise. IMO it''s your right, girls, to wear ornate jewels, although I wouldn''t mind wearring some of the puzzle rings posted by Jena;-) I''d also loke to remind you of the Coronation rings, that incorporate large rubies, sapphires and diamonds.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, coronation rings! you mean like the following...
The Coronation Ring of William IV., also worn by Edward VII. and by George V., is a sapphire set with a cross of five rubies. The stones probably represent the red cross of St. George upon the blue ground of the flag of St. Andrew. Surrounding the sapphire are fourteen brilliants, and other diamonds are set at the junction of the bezel and the ring.

rzXZXzXzng.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and another angle...

imagexzczxc015.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and here we have napoleon, at his coronation, in full regalia.

eror-ohf-france.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 8:51:03 PM
here diana is wearing her two gold bracelets...and gold earrings. my goodness the woman had such an amazing set of long legs, what a beauty. charles you fool.
Look at that picture. Just look at it. Wow.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 11:35:09 PM
Author: HollyS

As for the former King of England, he had quite a few problems; not the least of which was his much talked about suspect sexuality, in an age that didn't acknowledge such 'activity'. I've always considered him rather effeminate. I don't see any reason to take that comment personally. It's merely an opinion -- based upon many biographies, etc. -- but still, just an opinion.

I think your more general point that trinity rings connote effeminacy is false. I won't comment about the rest of it because Jenna has spoken more eloquently than I could about it.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 1:34:00 PM

Date: 3/25/2009 10:07:26 PM
hey all!
here''s an interesting article found online, cartier rings and royals!
A unique gold ring which the Duke of Windsor left to Wallis Simpson as a token of his undying love is to be sold at auction.

''The Duke had the triple hoop ring inscribed with the words ''Darling Wallis'' and her birth date, ''19.6''.

The ring was last sold as part of a Duchess jewellery collection auction at Sotheby''s, which grossed $59 million in 1987.

Royal sale: A triple band gold ring given to Wallis Simpson by her lover the Duke of Windsor could fetch more than £5000 at auction

It was one of two triple hoop rings the Duke wore on his left little finger.

One of the rings was bought by the Daily Mail as a competition prize and won by grandmother Rose Russell from Clacton-on-Sea.

Ms Russell has since died and her family has decided to sell the gold ring in a Royal sale at Colchester auctioneers Reeman Dansie next Monday. It is expected to fetch more than £5,000.
I hope I don''t offend anyone by saying this, but this man was just a bit too effeminate IMO. MEN do not wear Cartier rolling rings. They don''t. I''m willing to bet it looked just as silly then. It certainly doesn''t look ''manly'' in the photo.
Holly S...
So what about your above statement isnt offensive?You need to study a little more or get out of the house more often before making sweeping general insulting statements like this...MEN do wear Cartier roll ring...yes they do...alot of em... maybe not in your town.... but all over the rest of the world...we wear them just like the Duke....Straight,gay,effeminate or manly.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 5:30:34 PM
Date: 4/1/2009 2:14:39 PM

Author: shadowed_rain

oh! thankyou! for this info, and the historical facts as well! i love the painting, and the one you just posted with her on the horse is magnificant! what a beauty she was!
Truly! One has to imagine she was something special to have inspired such portraits. Thanks, both of you.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 6:36:47 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
I have a question - Where does this diamond necklace come from? Ir's often worn with some of the large emeralds from the greec collection.. HM's sister, Princess Benedikte, also has a diamond necklace, that really looks like this one. Do you think that the two sisters are exchanging the same jewel?
I don't know, but he is wearing two gold bands stacked. Is he not? Interesting picture. Thanks.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome, Imdanny!

I was wondering about that too, but the necklace is of bigger interest to me ;-) I guess that one of the rings is his wedding band and the other is a signet ring or at least a man's ring. The Prince of Wales wears the PoW signet and his wedding band together on his left pinky.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture I found a little research in my files and a close up of King Constantine''s rings.

CllAM.JPG

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 1:48:42 AM
Author: Imdanny
Date: 3/29/2009 8:51:03 PM

here diana is wearing her two gold bracelets...and gold earrings. my goodness the woman had such an amazing set of long legs, what a beauty. charles you fool.

Look at that picture. Just look at it. Wow.
yup. wow!

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 1:58:55 AM

As for the former King of England, he had quite a few problems; not the least of which was his much talked about suspect sexuality, in an age that didn''t acknowledge such ''activity''. I''ve always considered him rather effeminate. I don''t see any reason to take that comment personally. It''s merely an opinion -- based upon many biographies, etc. -- but still, just an opinion.

I think your more general point that trinity rings connote effeminacy is false. I won''t comment about the rest of it because Jenna has spoken more eloquently than I could about it.
thankyou for this. i appreciate that...:)

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 2:18:10 AM
Author: jewelerman
Date: 3/31/2009 1:34:00 PM

Date: 3/25/2009 10:07:26 PM

hey all!

here''s an interesting article found online, cartier rings and royals!

A unique gold ring which the Duke of Windsor left to Wallis Simpson as a token of his undying love is to be sold at auction.

''The Duke had the triple hoop ring inscribed with the words ''Darling Wallis'' and her birth date, ''19.6''.

The ring was last sold as part of a Duchess jewellery collection auction at Sotheby''s, which grossed $59 million in 1987.

Royal sale: A triple band gold ring given to Wallis Simpson by her lover the Duke of Windsor could fetch more than £5000 at auction

It was one of two triple hoop rings the Duke wore on his left little finger.

One of the rings was bought by the Daily Mail as a competition prize and won by grandmother Rose Russell from Clacton-on-Sea.

Ms Russell has since died and her family has decided to sell the gold ring in a Royal sale at Colchester auctioneers Reeman Dansie next Monday. It is expected to fetch more than £5,000.

I hope I don''t offend anyone by saying this, but this man was just a bit too effeminate IMO. MEN do not wear Cartier rolling rings. They don''t. I''m willing to bet it looked just as silly then. It certainly doesn''t look ''manly'' in the photo.
Holly S...

So what about your above statement isnt offensive?You need to study a little more or get out of the house more often before making sweeping general insulting statements like this...MEN do wear Cartier roll ring...yes they do...alot of em... maybe not in your town.... but all over the rest of the world...we wear them just like the Duke....Straight,gay,effeminate or manly.
yes!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2007 12:49:01 AM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
And - because I mentioned it above - Camilla in the ruby necklace given to her by the Saudis. She first wore it in January this year on an official visit to the USA. She came in for a huge amount of criticism - because of the source of the necklace and the ostentation of the piece. I think they trotted it out in America first to test the waters.
1.gif
Now that Camilla has shown up wearing some serious tiaras - and looking quite well in them - I don''t think people are so critical anymore.
We have an expression in America. "Speak for yourself, John Alden." John Alden was one of the original colonists. Long story. In short, it means, "It ain''t necessarily so. You have your opinion, and I''ll have mine." Cheers.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 3:46:51 PM
Date: 4/2/2009 1:58:55 AM

As for the former King of England, he had quite a few problems; not the least of which was his much talked about suspect sexuality, in an age that didn''t acknowledge such ''activity''. I''ve always considered him rather effeminate. I don''t see any reason to take that comment personally. It''s merely an opinion -- based upon many biographies, etc. -- but still, just an opinion.

I think your more general point that trinity rings connote effeminacy is false. I won''t comment about the rest of it because Jenna has spoken more eloquently than I could about it.

thankyou for this. i appreciate that...:)
I only speak the truth, but you are welcome.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
ok everyone, i found a few royal tidbits on a site posted that were all up for sale...here''s the first one with it''s info, we''ve seen it before as i posted it a long while back, but this photo is different..

Duchess of Windsor''s Sapphire Pendant

This 206.82-carat sapphire pendant was created by Cartier in 1951. It was expected to sell for 1.1 million to 1.5 million Swiss francs, but the lot was withdrawn from sale as the owner decided he couldn''t part with it.

jewdgdg01.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond Corsage Ornament

This piece, signed by Vever, circa 1900, has remained in the same family collection for a century and is one of the most important pieces of French Belle Époque jewelry to come to the market in many years. It sold for 777,000 Swiss francs ($740,263). Designed as an articulated floral branch, it is set with cushion-shaped, circular and rose cut diamonds, the flower heads set en tremblant, mounted in silver, yellow and pink gold. It is from the Estate of Henriette de l''Espine, S.A.S. la Princesse Louis de Croÿ.

jewels_06.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Enamel and Diamond Cocktail Watch by Cartier

Cartier made this enamel and diamond cocktail watch in 1924. Once owned by Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, and inscribed with "Elizabeth 1924," it sold for a hammer price of 28,600 Swiss francs ($27,248), including buyer''s premium. Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, daughter of the Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne and wife of Prince Albert, had been given this watch by her brother-in-law, the future King Edward VIII of England. Following his abdication in 1936, Prince Albert was crowned George VI of England, and Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon became his queen.

nmnmnmn2.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Empress Eugénie''s Brooch

This sensational antique 141-carat diamond bow brooch was made in 1855 by the Parisian jeweler François Kramer for Empress Eugénie. A Spanish countess, Eugénie de Montijo (Doña María Eugénia de Guzmán Portocarrero, Countess of Tèba) was born in Granada, Spain, in 1826, and married Louis Napoléon in 1853 at Notre Dame Cathedral. The large and impressive diamond bow was originally intended as a buckle for a diamond belt. Eugénie later asked one of her jewelers to make it more elaborate, and thus five diamond pampilles and a pair of diamond tassels were added. The brooch was acquired for Mrs. William B. Astor, the undisputed queen of American society. In April, Christie''s sold the brooch (estimated value: $6 million), on behalf of its owner, to the Louvre in a private sale.

jewels_ghf03.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results