shape
carat
color
clarity

Light blue sapphire in LOGR setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone - I had this made a few months back for a friend of mine. She recently went through a tough divorce and was lamenting the fact that she couldn''t wear her wedding set any more. I offered to make her a replacement ring so she could look at something pretty on her hand. She wanted something delicate and sparkly.

I bought the sapphire off ebay so I''m not sure of the quality, but it looks great. I had Mark at Engagementringsdirect set it for me and he told me that the LOGR setting was "soft" and I should be careful with it. I was really pleased with the ring when it was set.

Light blue sapphire 1.5ct 6x8mm
LOGR pave ring setting
size 4.5

C ring 007.jpg

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
hand shot - this one looks big because it was such a close-up.

C ring 021.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet friend you are!
36.gif

The ring is very pretty, I love the icy light blue. Would you mind send me the link to the LOGR ring? Did you upgrade the diamonds?
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how pretty! And what a sweet friend you are! She is going to love it!

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Hi Yingh - so glad you liked it!

Here''s the link to the setting. I may have paid slightly less because I won it in an auction. I didn''t upgrade the stones and was pleased to find that they looked small but sparkly. I didn''t dare loupe them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oval-6X8mm-Diamond-14K-Gold-Semi-Mount-Ring_W0QQitemZ220384182182QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDiamond_Solitaire_with_Accents?hash=item220384182182&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful ring. What a wonderful and sweet friend you are. Friends like you are to be treasured always.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the link! Your pictures looks much nicer than those of the vendor! I always skipped this one when browsing. What a pleasant surprise!
10.gif

How you like the side view?

I agree with the ''soft'' assessment on LOGR rings. I have learned to always check the total weight of the ring and found it will be safer to go above 3 gram.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is lovely!

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all the sweet comments! Yes, this friend of mine is very dear to me. In fact, I helped her with her wedding set when they purchased it 2 years ago. I am also glad that she indulges my obsession with jewelry!

Yingh - here is a side shot. It''s not terribly pretty but the good thing is that you can wear a band flush.

I brought the stone and setting to a few local B&Ms and they were really harsh about the setting. They said they would charge $150 to set it because they were sure the pave would fall out. I was just trying to set it locally instead of shipping it to Mark T, but after I got such bad comments, I sent it to Mark who set it with no problems. I''m curious to see how the ring holds up with time.

C ring 010.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That''s gorgeous!!!I love it!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 3:54:33 PM
Author: gongjoo143
Thank you for all the sweet comments! Yes, this friend of mine is very dear to me. In fact, I helped her with her wedding set when they purchased it 2 years ago. I am also glad that she indulges my obsession with jewelry!

Yingh - here is a side shot. It''s not terribly pretty but the good thing is that you can wear a band flush.

I brought the stone and setting to a few local B&Ms and they were really harsh about the setting. They said they would charge $150 to set it because they were sure the pave would fall out. I was just trying to set it locally instead of shipping it to Mark T, but after I got such bad comments, I sent it to Mark who set it with no problems. I''m curious to see how the ring holds up with time.
What a lovely friend you are, and that ring is beautiful!

I have this setting in which I''ve set a pink tourmaline, and I love it! I can wear it flush with another ring if I want to, and so far, I''ve had no problems with it!

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all! It was such a fun project, especially because it wasn''t for me.

Laurenthepartier - I''m glad yours is holding up well. That is reassuring.

I purchased another halo setting from LOGR and it''s damaged, so I guess it''s a real toss-up whether you get a good one or not. Luckily they are going to replace it with another.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty ring! gong- you are so sweet to make such a lovely ring for your friend.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!! Very delicate and classy.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very elegant ring.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME RING!!!!
30.gif

Lori

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how beautiful! It''s very elegant, indeed. It reminds me of an aqua as well.

Well done!
36.gif

aquasea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Wow that''s gorgeous!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
You are such a great friend. She''s going to love the ring.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very nice - both, the ring and your gesture.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful friend you are! The ring is beautiful.
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That turned out spectacular! What a sweet friend you are and I''m so pleased Mark was able to help you out.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats a beautiful ring and you are a wonderful friend!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet gift, it''s a pretty stone, no matter what it''s provenance.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Beautiful!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring!!! you are a sweet sweet person to do such a nice thing for your friend - i am sure she is going to love it!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
gongjoo--- It''s funny you say you had really bad reactions to the setting from local stores. I purchased the same setting from LOGR and it was a disaster! A few people refused to set it, and two other jewelers set it for me but they both did a TERRIBLE job, and blamed it on the workmanship of the original setting. They said to fix it would cost more than I paid for it in the first place. Good thinking having a pricescope jeweler set it! It looks FAR better than mine. I actually took the stone right out of mine and put it in a different setting. I''m glad you had better luck with yours though, it turned out really beautiful!

Btw you are a very sweet friend. Not only is the ring beautiful, but I''m sure having such a caring friend helps her get through the pain of the divorce. Kudos to you
36.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
How sweet of you! It''s gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results