shape
carat
color
clarity

any harry potter fans/nerds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I got so excited about this once I had thought about it. I''m such a huge HP nerd so go figure I would get excited about something like this...I was watching Creepiest shows on earth on the travel channel (yeah i know, even bigger nerd now lol) and they were talking about how the house where Lizzie Borden chopped up her parents was called the Riddle House...Riddle? Tom Riddle? Murdering his parents in their house? Correlation? lol I really wanted to try to email JKR to ask her about it but her only contact information is her mailing address and im lazy and sick and just dont care THAT much lol
just wanted to share my amazing revelation :) i also called it on the R.A.B. locket back in the 6th book, my bff was so ticked i got it right lol
ok im done :)
35.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I am a HUGE HP fan!!! You''re right- Riddle house? Too creepy. It''s been forever since I read the 7th book, remind me about the RAB locket?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never read any of the Harry Potter books...have thought about it, but never got around to it. I have seen some of the movie, the first one I think. Maybe I will check it out!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the HP books - huge nerd here (but I''m in science, so it''s OK
3.gif
20.gif
). I called RAB too, but I had no idea about Riddle house - that''s pretty cool, thanks for sharing!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE STILL READING THE BOOKS*****************

RAB was regulus black remember? as soon as they pulled it out of the cabinet when they were cleaning it said RAB on it and i just knew it!

SPOILER ALERT OVER**************************************

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, regulus. Thanks for the reminder!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
don''t get me started on Harry Potter,
I could go on for DAYS!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I love HP! "Riddle House" - v. creepy!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
HP rocks my socks :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I got up and quickly read the title of this thread--without my glasses; and thought you asked if there were any hairy bottom fans.
6.gif
2.gif
9.gif

Yes, I am a fan..of er, Harry Potter. (and not the latter)

cheers--Sharon

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''m a little HP obsessed, too... and anxiously awaiting the opening of the Orlando theme park
emembarrassed.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:30:37 PM
Author: icekid
I''m a little HP obsessed, too... and anxiously awaiting the opening of the Orlando theme park
emembarrassed.gif

There is going to be a theme park OMG,
36.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I'm totally awaiting the HP theme park! There's a fun online quest I do every year called HPQuest and each week they send out fun things like wands and at the end a couple of winners get free trips to london to tour all the places they filmed the movies at :)
http://hpquest.18.forumer.com/index.php?s=f7c8ac01cac17e951830f0e550c8e4ff&act=idx

That's the link if anyone is interested, hope I don't get in trouble for posting this!
The quest starts on April 1 :)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 1:29:44 PM
Author: Deelight
Date: 3/22/2009 12:30:37 PM

Author: icekid

emembarrassed.gif

There is going to be a theme park OMG,
36.gif

Ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod!!! (Tuckins jumps up and down squeeling!!!)
36.gif
19.gif
9.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
the harry potter series are all great reads. i''m going to have to go back again and reread them... whoo new movie this summer!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 3:20:29 PM
Author: somegirl932
the harry potter series are all great reads. i''m going to have to go back again and reread them... whoo new movie this summer!

The previews for it look AWESOME too!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
emotion-15.gif

Hi, nerd here!

killerqueen17

Rough_Rock
omg, I LOVE Harry Potter! Super obsessed!!
5.gif

I've dressed like Hermione on three different occasions... and it was SOOOO fun every time!! haha. I'm a total nerd. But I just love her character. If she was real, I would totally follow her around, like a little puppy. She's just too cool.

I even had a pet rat named Hermione... we called her Hermie, and she was really smart too! She would come when you called her name!
9.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
im going home in july for a week to do all wedding stuff but me and one of my bridesmaids and fi have mapped off july 17th as a no wedding night/harry potter only night to go see the new movie lol

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
huge HP fan - i even posted some photos in my SMTR thread with #7 in the background, AND i waited in line more than once on the release nights
3.gif
i think only the first 2 movies were any good, and i hate the new dumbledore. i called RAB too, and i knew the grey lady was going to be important. she is not super-subtle with her foreshadowing though, so i don''t pat myself on the back too much for that. they are kids books after all
1.gif

i almost died when i got through the last bit in #7 from the pensieve and realized what the "look at me..." was about.

i heard the original epilogue was really detailed and even named all the new weasley children. JKR says she may release it along with an HP "encyclopedia" at some point.

want. now.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all the HP books. Both DH and I have read the entire series. They read so fast. . .there''s nothing more accomplished feeling than plowing through and completing a 700 page book in one week!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:43:09 PM
Author: frenchblue
huge HP fan - i even posted some photos in my SMTR thread with #7 in the background, AND i waited in line more than once on the release nights
3.gif
i think only the first 2 movies were any good, and i hate the new dumbledore. i called RAB too, and i knew the grey lady was going to be important. she is not super-subtle with her foreshadowing though, so i don''t pat myself on the back too much for that. they are kids books after all
1.gif

i almost died when i got through the last bit in #7 from the pensieve and realized what the ''look at me...'' was about.

i heard the original epilogue was really detailed and even named all the new weasley children. JKR says she may release it along with an HP ''encyclopedia'' at some point.

want. now.

I heard that about the encyclopedia too but I also heard it wont be for about 7-8 years
7.gif
Oh well, she''s definitely earned some time off for sure!
personally i didn''t like the first 2 movies...i think PoA is my favorite so far or GoF. In the fifth movie SO many things were off. Did it bug anyone else when they flying so low to the ground? Wouldn''t that totally breach the international wizardry statute of secrecy! My best friend kept pointing things out like that too. We left the movie disappointed but I''ve grown to love it, what can i say... I''m pretty excited to see how they portray voldemort''s childhood in the next movie too! The previews look really good!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results