shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers/Thoughts/Dust/Anything please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
My family and friends ALL live in Fargo, ND where the flood is getting insane. I have one friend who is expecting in 2 months, on the bottom level of an apartment building with no flood insurance and about to lose everything. My father is moving everything from the basement up into the second floor of my parent''s house after discovering they are on the wrong side of the dike that was built by their house. My best friend''s parents have been evacuated from their house along with most of north and south moorhead (the river goes down the state line, moorhead is on the minnesota side and fargo is on the north dakota side). My other best friend has an ocean for a back yard. They are having blizzards right now which will only add to the water level. Please please send your good thoughts towards Fargo/Moorhead. This is my hometown and it''s killing me that I can''t be there to help sandbag.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
If anyone is interested in seeing what is going on, the newspaper of my hometown has been updating every 5 minutes or so. It''s so bad that they had to evacuate the hospital!!! http://www.inforum.com/

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry I looked at the updates and it looks so scary and times are so hard already now for so many. Sending big hugs and prayers and dust.

Mrs.2Artists

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sending prayers..
7.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts guys, I will update as soon as I hear any news. It''s expected to stop rising on friday but the river will stay at that level for 4-5 days which means the strength of those sandbagged dikes will really be tested. I can''t even imagine it. This is so much worse than in 97 when we had to take a giant tractor through the water just to get to school and a canoe from our house to the main road to get to a car to get to the tractor, UGH.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of prayers their way.... So scary.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
How scary....
6.gif
7.gif
Lots of dust to anyone affected!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
My parents landlords have assured us that their townhome is safe. However their dike is only good up to 42 feet and it *might* reach 43 feet, cross your fingers!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prayers outgoing.

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
I just posted something similar in ATW. I live in West Fargo. All of my friends are in possible trouble. This whole thing is crazy. Every time they come on TV it gets worse! Please let me know if there is anything I can do!..I am being very sincere. Hang in there!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Sending dust there
How terrible

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Rockin, I''ve been hearing from a lot of people that there are NO volunteers, NO sandbags NOTHING in the Osgood Developments!!!! It''s not even in the news or on the radio or anything!!! They are all about to lose their homes so you should tell people to go volunteer there if they can, that''s what I''ve been doing.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Rockin, have you heard that the Oakport Township is completely underwater? My parents sold their house to the gov''t back in november so they could build a dike there (which they obviously havent gotten to yet) but can you believe what a nightmare it would be if they still lived there!!! They are over by west acres sort of now so hopefully they will be safe
40.gif

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
The nat''l guard is already there. They have most of the roads blocked off. My friend lives in Evelyn''s Acres across from osgood hornbachers. They will only have problems if dikes in fargo have a problem..although the bridges out there have water about to overflow onto them. We''ll have to just wait and see. It is just so crazy around here right now. People still are doing what they can. Again, lmk if I can do anything.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think that''s true. My friend that is pregnant lives in the osgood apts and the water is only 10ft from her apt! Here''s a photo

n13954332_51937135_6681840.jpg

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Well that is what my friend told me as of 10pm. She stopped by here on her way to sandbag for the guard. My other good friend is in the guard and she lives on the Osgood golf course. She said they keep getting lots of different predictions. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
**We are now over 40ft they just announced.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
You know what the scary thing is... because of the freezing temperatures, the sandbags aren't all that effective. They can't 'meld' together like sand does because they're frozen solid. It's a scary situation indeed.

I hope all the people and animals in the area can stay safe, warm and dry!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending positive thoughts your way Smurfy....

Can you please change back your avatar? Miss your smiling face, LOL!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Lots and lots of prayers your way Smurf...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
More dust and prayers! I just read on cnn.com that a 112 year old record was broken w/this flood.

Did they get volunteers to the Osgood Developments?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are in my thoughts and prayers.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
TONS of good thoughts and prayers outgoing to your family and friends and to all those who will be affected by the floods.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending tons of prayers their way!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
thank you so much guys
and i suppose i can change my avatar back monarch lol

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Hi just wanted to check in and see how everyone is holding up. Hugs.

Mrs.2Artists

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
This is a good evacuation plan from the wonderful FlyLady from Flylady.net. It is the one I keep around in case of emergency here in California.

FlyLady''s 11 Points to Preparedness for Evacuation

"We can FLY in the face of Danger and Emergency if we are prepared. Don''t wait till you are being asked to evacuate. Everyone thinks that it could not happen to them. Well it could and it is up to you to make sure you are prepared. Don''t wait! DO IT NOW!!" -- FlyLady

1. PEOPLE: Have a plan for getting out of the house and make sure everyone knows it. Have an emergency bag of food and water for your family. Include wholesome snacks and treats for the children: dried fruit, nuts, peanut butter, crackers and granola bars.

2. PETS: Keep pet carriers and leashes readily available to lead pets to safety. Also take pet food with you.

3. PICTURES: Keep negatives or CDs of pictures in a lock box or at a family member''s home. Have picture albums in one place ready to grab and go at a moments notice.

4. PAPERS: Have all your important papers in a lock box at a bank and only keep copies at the house. This keeps you from panicking. If you have them at home then put them in a folder that you can easily grab if you have to move fast. Color code it so you can find it!

5. PRESCRIPTIONS: Take your medications with you. Don''t forget the ones that have to be refrigerated like insulin. Have small ice chest and cold packs readily accessible to pack and go. If you have babies; remember their formula or medications.

6. PURSES and PETROL: This is where you keep your identification, credit cards and cash. Keep a stash of cash for emergencies and grab it. You may not be able to use an ATM in the event of a power outage. Make sure your car always has a half a tank of gas.

7. PROPER CLOTHES and COMFORT ITEMS: According to the weather conditions; gather up a change of clothes along with outer clothing: coats, rain gear, boots, gloves and hats. If you have babies remember diapers. Remember to grab your children''s favorite blanket, stuffed animal or toy. A game or a deck of cards could keep them occupied and calm too.

8. PLANNER/CALENDAR/CONTROL JOURNAL: These documents have all the information you will need from phone numbers, insurance numbers and important dates. They are small and filled with things you don''t have to try to remember.

9. PERSONAL PROTECTION: Many of us still have that time of the month. Be sure and grab a box of your preferred protection. It may be hard to find if you have been evacuated. Stress can cause our bodies to do strange things too. So be prepared. Take medication for cramps too.

10. PHONES and RADIOS: Many of us have cell phones now. Always keep them charged up and have a charger in the car or an extra battery. They may not work in the event of power outages, but then they might. Know which local radio station has emergency bulletins. Keep your battery powered radio tuned to that local station and have plenty of batteries for it.

11. PATIENCE: This is one of the most important things to pack. Keep it inside of you so that you have a clear calm head. Having your P''s to Preparedness list guiding you will keep you patient. In the event of an evacuation there will be lots of displaced people. Being patient will make things less stressful. Your children need to see you calm and collected. This will help keep them calm too."

at the bottom of the page someone wrote about their experience writing "My husband and I had to pack for potential evacuation this past year (luckily we never actually had to evacuate). Although I had a list of my "important stuff" and knew where everything was, we were unprepared for how long it actually took to gather our belongings and load it into our car. It took a couple of hours!!

Please, walk through FlyLady''s 11 Points to Preparedness for Evacuation. Touch each item you would want to bring. Are your important papers, photos, prescriptions, in one place? Do you have an emergency bag for your family members? Like a fire drill, practice an evacuation drill. You never know how much time you will really have."

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending prayers.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
2artists thank you for posting that :)
they have the city sectioned off in 7 different sections -depending on the severity of that area they have different levels of evacuation plans to follow :) hopefully they dont have to use too many of them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results