shape
carat
color
clarity

Your first date?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I had been talking to FI online for about 3 months before we actually met. He had a girlfriend who he had been with since he was 13 (he was 19 when we met) so all our talks had been purely plutonic.

Anyway, I was at a local restraunt that was near a club/pub in the area, as my friends and I were walking to the taxi stand I heard my name called out, so I turned around and it was him. I had seen photos (and to be honest I didn''t think much of him) but when I saw him.. my stomach was doing that flippy thing, I thought I was going to be sick.. he was so gorgeous.

Well, it was a little bit akward considering we had about fifteen friends in total around us.. so they all went off and did there own thing and we sat at the taxi stand for about three hours just talking. It was really late and all our friends had left so he offered to drive me home. Once he pulled up infront of my house I started to feel really sick in my stomach because I realised that I really, really liked this guy and obviously he had a girlfriend. So we said our goodbyes and I went inside. He called me about two hours later to say that he had a really nice time and we stayed talking on the phone for about six hours.

After about 2 months of us being friends he broke up with his girlfriend, ending on good terms and six months after that we started dating officially. His ex now is married and has a baby with a really great guy and we are getting married next year
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We met on a dating website, Jdate, so we talked on the phone for quite a while before we met in person. Since I had an irrational fear that anyone I met online had a high probability of turning out to be a psycho killer, I refused to go on a "date" at first. We met at Bally''s, and we were going to work out (we were both personal trainers at the time) but I didn''t feel well so we went to a local Border''s and had some coffee, instead.

We talked for over four hours. That was a Thursday evening, and when he asked me to dinner for the following Saturday, I accepted. (Though I still refused to tell him where I lived!)

SO, for our first "real" date, we went for sushi in the city, then we walked along Lake Michigan and talked and talked and then caught the fireworks from Navy Pier. (He used to live on the lake, before I turned him into a married suburban boy.) We were sitting on swings in a park when the fireworks started, and he leaned in and kissed me. I normally wouldn''t kiss someone I barely know, but I was already over the moon for him. Four years and a few weeks later, we married on the Fourth of July, and found ourselves kissing under fireworks once again!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I sat three seats behind my Bf in World Cultures freshman year. It was the only class we had together our whole time in HS! So we had his mom drive us to the movies one night sophomore year (we were 15
3.gif
) and we saw Darkness Falls (Which was so not scary it was funny) and we talked the whole time. We kind of skirted around dating for 9-12 months. (I dated his best friend for a little while... My mom and my next door neighbor, who is a close friend, had this idea that it was to get closer to Mark)

Then I kind of got in trouble with him (oops
27.gif
) and we had ANOTHER first date which was known to our parents haha and it was just out to eat and movie. It was FUN. I love my BF.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
SO and I consider the day we met our first date because we spent almost an entire 24hours together with good friends and getting slowly acquainted to one another. We spent some time alone and some time in the group. Mind you, this was originally a group of friends meeting to watch fireworks and it turned into getting some drinks, playing pool, watching movies, breakfast the following morning, then searching for lost car keys at the fireworks venue. My best friend and I left in a rush once the keys were found because I had my brothers SUV and hadnt told him that I lost the keys in the first place. SO later joked about how I left in such a whirlwind he couldnt even ask for my number. I kept bringing up to my best friend on the ride home that SO hadnt asked for my number!
3.gif
Four days later I had a voicemail from him - he got my number from our mutual friend and we started talking while he was down at school for summer class and training. After 2 weeks of talking on the phone we had our second date at a Stewarts as soon as he got home from his summer class. It all seems so simple now that I type it out but it feels like an act of fate when we reminisce about it together. God, I love that man!
1.gif

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
He picked me up at my house, and we went for coffee. After that, he drove me around town, showing me all the places he used to live as a child, and where he used to play soccer, etc. We drove to a secluded beach, kissed for a while, and decided to go to a movie.. after the movie we drove around a bit more, kissed a bit more, and finally he drove me home. However, it didn''t end there: we spent the next 3 hours making out in my driveway, before I got the courage to ask him to spend the night (shame, shame!). He declined, as he had a 3 hour drive home, and had to work in 5 (oopsies!), but he drove the 3 hours back to see me 2 days later.. and, the rest is history!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We were friends for a few years before we started dating, so we did lots of stuff together, but our first official "date" was going to Disneyland. We had had it planned for months (way before we decided to officially be a couple). It was cheesy, but totally fun.

Us at the Blue Bayou restaurant in Pirates of the Carribean:

n48100850_30360873_2870.jpg

letthesunshine

Rough_Rock
I met my BF in college because we both lived in the dorms together, him upstairs and myself downstairs. I had been watching him before in the cafeteria while him and his guy friends had ice cream contests to see who could pour the most soft serve into a bowl without it falling over (thats when i knew he was perfect for me, haha jk). One random night he came down to my dorm room with a bottle of jack daniels in hand and was already pretty drunk at this point. Drunk people and I don''t get along so I told him that I needed to use the bathroom but instead I just left him in my room and went out with another guy friend at that time. When I eventually came back he was gone (I was thanking God) and I signed onto my AOL instant messenger and noticed there was a new screename on my buddy list. Since I had no idea who it was I decided to send a message and found out it was him. Our first conversation was word association where he would say a word and i would say a word and so on. Eventually we decided to go out after a period of time to In''N''Out Burger. We have been together ever since he wrote me a poem asking me to be his girlfriend 5.5 years ago. :)

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
We had our first date at a Uzbekistani restaurant for lunch, except lunch ended up being 3.5 hours, the waiters at the restaurant were looking at us. DF has told me about this great story about finding his apartment and asked if I would like to check it out. I couldn''t say no, so we went to his place, looked around and then walked around the neighborhood, then we came back to his place and watched some TV, the whole date lasted 8.5 hours!
3.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Aww, LP, that is a great picture of the two of you! You both look so happy (and photogenic!), and you especially look absolutely gorgeous.
1.gif

J''s and my first official date (another long-distance, met online thing) was at a rather posh tea room called Betty''s in York. Well, I guess it''s more accurate to say our whole day in York was our first date, but the reason he took me there was to take me to Betty''s, and to show me around York Minster Cathedral (which is unbelievably amazing). Betty''s is absolutely lovely and has a very elegant feel to it; we went to have afternoon cream tea, and it was served in beautiful silver pots and the finger sandwiches, scones and cakes were on a three-tiered tower of doilies and silver. I thought he''d be really nervous (he tends to be like that), but we talked and laughed for ages and had a great time. It was really, really nice, and got both of us into the habit of looking for other tea rooms around the country where we can have a delicious afternoon tea.
30.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 3:33:55 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Aww, LP, that is a great picture of the two of you! You both look so happy (and photogenic!), and you especially look absolutely gorgeous.
1.gif

J's and my first official date (another long-distance, met online thing) was at a rather posh tea room called Betty's in York. Well, I guess it's more accurate to say our whole day in York was our first date, but the reason he took me there was to take me to Betty's, and to show me around York Minster Cathedral (which is unbelievably amazing). Betty's is absolutely lovely and has a very elegant feel to it; we went to have afternoon cream tea, and it was served in beautiful silver pots and the finger sandwiches, scones and cakes were on a three-tiered tower of doilies and silver. I thought he'd be really nervous (he tends to be like that), but we talked and laughed for ages and had a great time. It was really, really nice, and got both of us into the habit of looking for other tea rooms around the country where we can have a delicious afternoon tea.
30.gif
Gwen, I love Bettys! I lived in York for a year and we used to go there occasionally for birthdays and whatnot. Their cream tea is SO GOOD. Mmmmmmm... Thanks for the compliments--you are such a sweetheart!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
double post

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh can i play? Our 'first date' came after having been best friends for 5 years, at a famous soup dumpling place here in SoCal. It was ridiculous how nervous we were all of a sudden, considering he'd already seen me drunk/puking (sorry), eyes puffed up to the high heavens after having cried for 9 hours straight, first thing in the morning with crazy Flock of Seagulls/fro hair when we'd visit friends for the weekend...the list goes on. Our first date, and for about a week after that, was kinda weird, until we figured out how to move from best friends to BF/GF. Then we wondered how we ever managed before we got together
1.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:49:11 PM
Author: jjc
Ooh can i play? Our ''first date'' came after having been best friends for 5 years, at a famous soup dumpling place here in SoCal. It was ridiculous how nervous we were all of a sudden, considering he''d already seen me drunk/puking (sorry), eyes puffed up to the high heavens after having cried for 9 hours straight, first thing in the morning with crazy Flock of Seagulls/fro hair when we''d visit friends for the weekend...the list goes on. Our first date, and for about a week after that, was kinda weird, until we figured out how to move from best friends to BF/GF. Then we wondered how we ever managed before we got together
1.gif
hehehe! SO and I transitioned from friends to more and it was totally awkward too! It''s really funny to remember that, because we are so comfortable and easy around each other now!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Our first official date was out to eat chinese and we each got fortunes that said something along the lines of "today is a good day to spend with someone you love" they each said something different along those lines. Anyhoo, after that we went and played mini golf and then went back to my place and watched a movie and he spent the night
10.gif
31.gif
30.gif
lol

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
ladypirate, we''re first date twins! And we had lunch at the Blue Bayou too! We would have done dinner, but FI is such a bad planner that it didn''t happen.
Nothing like the Matterhorn as an excuse to sit close right?
31.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 5:02:05 PM
Author: choro72
ladypirate, we''re first date twins! And we had lunch at the Blue Bayou too! We would have done dinner, but FI is such a bad planner that it didn''t happen.
Nothing like the Matterhorn as an excuse to sit close right?
31.gif
LOL, Choro! I don''t think we ended up going on the matterhorn--K, being so tall, has issues with fitting on some of the rides. It was fun, though.
1.gif

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I love everyone''s stories...they''re really cute and unique!

Oh, and since everyone else said it....we made out for awhile, too!
30.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love reading first date stories!

Our official first date was on Valentine''s Day. Haha. We''d been friends and worked together for a while, went to HS together, our moms had worked together for a loooong time. Needless to say, it wasn''t an awkward first date...because we''d already spent hours making out in his truck the weekend before!
31.gif
I was living with my parents at the time and when he came to pick me up, the look on my mom''s face was priceless! She was so shocked (''does your mother know about this?!'' was what she was thinking). LOL!! Anywho, we went to dinner and it was fantastic, the best date ever...followed by more making out after.
3.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Awww! good post!
Background info:
My bf and I met at a mutual friends party in November of 2005. Because of his ex gf
29.gif
lol, he had swarn off dating and I was pretty much done with guys..
Anyway, he was really shy but decided to come over and talk to me. We started chatting about music and discovered we were both classic rock fans and I mentioned the upcoming aerosmith concert in December and that I wanted to try to go to it. He just blurted out "we should go together" so he asked for my number (nervous and blushing the whole time) and we made plans to talk the next day. We hung out as friends in the days following and went to the concert together on December 4th, 2005. We had a great time laughing, dancing and singing... He asked me to dance during the song "I don''t Want to Miss a Thing" and that''s when he first kissed me. We started "officially" dating on dec. 12th. And have been inseperable ever since :)
And "I don''t want to miss a thing" is now "our song".
Funny thing is that when that song first came out in ''98 (when I was 8 years old), for some reason i knew that it would play a significant part in my relationship with the one I would eventually end up marrying. I didn''t let Jason in on that until several months after the concert, though lol.
1.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 1:27:42 PM
Author: trillionaire
Date: 3/24/2009 12:49:11 PM

Author: jjc

Ooh can i play? Our ''first date'' came after having been best friends for 5 years, at a famous soup dumpling place here in SoCal. It was ridiculous how nervous we were all of a sudden, considering he''d already seen me drunk/puking (sorry), eyes puffed up to the high heavens after having cried for 9 hours straight, first thing in the morning with crazy Flock of Seagulls/fro hair when we''d visit friends for the weekend...the list goes on. Our first date, and for about a week after that, was kinda weird, until we figured out how to move from best friends to BF/GF. Then we wondered how we ever managed before we got together
1.gif

hehehe! SO and I transitioned from friends to more and it was totally awkward too! It''s really funny to remember that, because we are so comfortable and easy around each other now!

Isn''t it amazing how much you learned about your SO after you moved out of friendship? My bf and I were soooo close as friends, I didn''t think it was possible! But luckily everything more I''ve learned about him has all been good
2.gif

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Our "unofficial" first date was actually a "business meeting" over a concert we were planning for high school youth in our churches. He does lead vocals and bass in a band, and I was looking to offer more community activities for the teens. So, he invited me to dinner at a local family owned Italian Restaurant...you know, to discuss this concert. It was a rainy October night, so he offered to drive over together and held the umbrella for me. At the restaurant, we struck up a 3 hour, engaging and refreshing conversation. We spent probably a total of 2 minutes discussing the concert and the remainder of the time we laughed, and talked about everything- family, career, hobbies, embarassing moments, dreams, politics, faith. It was just sooo easy to share that much of ourselves with each other and I knew I found a deep connection with him.

Fast forward a little over 2 years later, and he proposed at that very same booth, on the anniversary of the first night we talked about marriage.
36.gif
21.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
SO and I met one night at a local mud event. We had several unofficial meetings with me and him and my sister and one of his friends. Our first real date was at red lobster, where we talked for forever, then went to a late showing of pink panther. He was still in highschool at the time and it was a school night, but he stayed with me until 4 in the morning. Our first kiss was right before he left that night actually. See we HAD hung out, and had talked on the phone incessantly so I already knew it was right so....

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 2:51:24 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
We met in line at Starbucks. I cracked a really inappropriate joke and he cracked up. We ended up having coffee together and exchanged emails. After our then current relationships ended we started dating.

HH, I knew I liked your style. DH and I met in line for ice cream. I was stalling deciding between mint choc chip and oatmeal raisin. DH asked me what I was torn between, I told him, he said "oatmeal raisin hands down" so I got mint. He followed me out without getting icecream for himself and walked with me, I had to meander in circles because I didn''t know who this crazy man was who was following me around. He kissed me while we were waiting to cross a rotary. We live there now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results