shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advise on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iumbastu

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I would definitely appreciate any advice you can offer in advance regarding the following diamond description: Thank you for your help. Kevin

Shape = Round Brilliant
Measurement 7.82 X 7.7 x 4.81 mm
Weight = 1.73
Depth = 62.8%
Table = 578%
Girdle = Thin to Med Faceted
Culet = None
Polish = Very Good
Symmetry = Very Good
Clarity = SI2
Color Grade = G
Flourescence = Strong Blue
Crown Angle = 34.9 degrees
Pavillion Angle = 41.4
Crown Height = 15.3%
Pavillion Depth = 43.8 %
Price = $8K
I'm told this is a AGS 0...

Should I be concerned about the strong blue flourescence?
wink2.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 9/9/2003 4
6.gif
6.gif
9 PM iumbastu wrote:
Hello everyone,

I would definitely appreciate any advice you can offer in advance regarding the following diamond description: Thank you for your help. Kevin

Shape = Round Brilliant
Measurement 7.82 X 7.7 x 4.81 mm
Weight = 1.73
Depth = 62.8%
Table = 578%
Girdle = Thin to Med Faceted
Culet = None
Polish = Very Good
Symmetry = Very Good
Clarity = SI2
Color Grade = G
Flourescence = Strong Blue
Crown Angle = 34.9 degrees
Pavillion Angle = 41.4
Crown Height = 15.3%
Pavillion Depth = 43.8 %
Price = $8K
I'm told this is a AGS 0...

Should I be concerned about the strong blue flourescence?
wink2.gif
----------------
Hi Kevin,

If the numbers you posted are correct the table on this stone puts this diamond into the AGS "1" cut grade category.

The crown and pavillion angle on this stone are a little steep and with both crown and pavillion angles being steep it is not an ideal combo which will give the best light return results based on the angle relationship of the light being reflected off the pavillion mains through the top of the stone.

With this angle relationship it allows more light to exit the stone before being shot through the crown where you will observe the light return or "sparkle" affect.

When it comes to flourescence, make sure it doesn't affect the transparency of the stone or the stone does not look milky or faded.

Some Si-2's are better than others....

If your serious about this particular stone have it looked at by an independent appraiser.

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
9.gif

iumbastu

Rough_Rock
Excellent advice!
In lieu of this I purchased a different 1.73 Color G, SI2 diamond that rated as follows.

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Very Good
Scintillation Very Good
Spread or diameter for weight Excellent
Total Visual Performance:
1.5 - Excellent - within TIC range

I got an awesome buy and your advice has mitigated many of my fears of purchasing a diamond, sight unseen, over the internet.

I will definitely recommend this site to many of my friends. Thanks again for your invaluable information.
Kevin

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/10/2003 12:58:57 AM scorpion wrote:

----------------
On 9/9/2003 4
6.gif
6.gif
9 PM iumbastu wrote:

The crown and pavillion angle on this stone are a little steep and with both crown and pavillion angles being steep it is not an ideal combo which will give the best light return results based on the angle relationship of the light being reflected off the pavillion mains through the top of the stone.

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
9.gif

----------------

Congrats Kevin on your better purchase. We need pics!

Josh, I see this bantered about. What would a better crown % be - perhaps closer to 14%?

iumbastu

Rough_Rock
give me two weeks to get the ring in a custom mounting and the pictures will be on the way! ;-)

Thanks again everyone!
Kevin

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Coming in kind of late on this thread but congrats Kevin on passing up a not-so-great stone for what seems like an excellent cut stone!!

This forum in my eyes is about this type of thing...helping people by educating them so that they don't make the wrong choices...and lose alot of $$ or get taken for a ride with a too expensive stone. There are great deals out there, great stones..and its people on this forum like the ones who responded who can make the difference between a foolish purchase and one that is very smart!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results