shape
carat
color
clarity

29 and so tired of dating...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I know I''m joining this one late, but I had to add my two cents because I know that you''re in DC. I moved to DC back in 2002 when I was engaged to a lawyer who got a job here. Anyway, long story short, I broke off the engagement, and found my self single in DC with no family or friends.

I went on match.com and met tons of guys - I had more dates than I could handle. Of them, there were one or two that I was interested in, but one became more of a friend (I wasn''t that attacted to him) and the other, who I really was falling for, I found out after 6 months of dating that he had been seeing about 4 of us girls that he met online, and was not ready to commit to any one of us.

Eventually, I met my now-husband at a bar, because I just kept getting out there - I went out about 4 nights a week, either with my girlfriends, or by myself. I met him when I was 27 & we got married when I was 29.

I just wanted to warn you that DC has a good & bad statistic about dating - DC has the highest percentage of singles in their 20s and 30s than any other city in the US. Good for hook-ups, bad for serious relationships. I met so many guys that didn''t want to settle down or commit, because it''s like being a kid in a candy store. There is a never ending supply of good looking, educated, single people to choose from. Even if you meet someone great, who''s to say someone better isn''t around the corner.

I got lucky with my DH, and all my girlfriends who met their guys around the same time are now married too, so it will happen. I just found that dating in DC is really tricky, because it''s hard to find someone who wants to commit.

Good luck!

BonnyLass

Rough_Rock
OMG, Vespergirl, you sound soooo much like me!!! I, too, was engaged to a lawyer when I first moved here at age 25. After a year of living here I realized my fiance wasn''t the one for me. He''d come home and, instead of intereacting with me, he''d down 1/2 a bottle of Jack Daniels. No exaggeration there. DC has been a nightmare for dating. I''m trying to get out there more and to join some organizations to make some more friends. I''m having a very hard time here and am truly wondering whether I should stay. I''m absolutely done with Match and will go to EHarmony when I can afford it. Oh, and my job also sucks and I''m living paycheck to paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results