shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i live in a VERY liberal city (Denver) or at least that''s how I''ve judged it to be so far. That''s another reason I''m not too concerned about it and I know someone will probably now chime in with, but what if you move?! lol I''m gonna be with fi forever, whether we have jobs or no jobs, live in a different place or live here, etc. etc. so its just more a matter of deciding whether to get it or not. so far the main thing i''ve read that makes me not want to do it is that if the artist isn''t very skiled, the tattoo can result in a hairline fracture on your finger, wth! not a big fan of that happening so it will just take some more thinking i guess

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
My Auntie and her (ex) husband got tatto wedding bands.
That was twenty something years ago- he has long gone and the tattoo looks like smudged masara.
She wears stacking bands to cover it up
3.gif

However, I think you should do whatever makes you happy (and when you get them post pics!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought tattoos could be removed? Is it not very effective, or painful, or expensive? It seems like these people who are unhappy with their finger tattoos would just get ''em taken off
shrug1.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
ive heard its painful to get laser removal :-\

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 9:19:06 PM
Author: Dannielle
My Auntie and her (ex) husband got tatto wedding bands.
That was twenty something years ago- he has long gone and the tattoo looks like smudged masara.
She wears stacking bands to cover it up
3.gif

However, I think you should do whatever makes you happy (and when you get them post pics!
+1 for my anecdote.
38.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 10:35:02 PM
Author: musey
I thought tattoos could be removed? Is it not very effective, or painful, or expensive? It seems like these people who are unhappy with their finger tattoos would just get ''em taken off
shrug1.gif
It''s painful and expensive for sure!

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t read through the entire thread yet, I felt I needed to pipe in.

I LOVE the idea of wedding ring tattoos! I think it''s a powerful and romantic gesture to show your commitment to each other. I agree that just doing the top of the finger makes most sense. If you do go with a celtic design, make sure they complete the knot, not just cut it off when they get to the edge of your finger! If I weren''t so squeamish, a wedding ring tattoo would be something I would do myself. You can also wear a regular ring over top of the tattoo if you choose, so it wouldn''t have to cramp my style - because boy do I love my jewelry!

I also love that you want to preserve the rings you''re actually married in. It''s a great keepsake and you won''t have to worry about them getting scuffed up. In my case, I have mixed emotions when I look at my beat-up wedding band. I''m proud of the scuffs because I worked hard for them, but there''s nothing like a shiny new ring is there?

Please keep us updated and post photos when it''s ready!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s a great and unusual idea. I say if that''s what you both want, then go for it! I just want to repeat the advice someone else already gave you-think about the design - a long and careful deliberation please!

Here''s an example of a tattooed ring that I find really beautiful (without the celtic knot in the middle!):

69850693_2ac65f1f6c.jpg

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Buuut, here''s also an example of a tattooed band gone horribly, horribly wrong
40.gif

tattoo-finger.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm I have to say Smurfy you definitely have some of the most creative ideas I have ever heard. Although, I personally would never do that I think if you and your fiance both want this then more power to you! I have a tat on my foot and everyone said that it would get rubbed off or whatnot with shoes and socks constantly being on it but its been 6 years and its still good it did run just a tiny little bit since its so small but still very dark!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 12:10:05 AM
Author: sunnyd
Date: 3/16/2009 10:35:02 PM
Author: musey
shrug1.gif
It''s painful and expensive for sure!
I hear ads on the radio for Dr. Tat-off, lol

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
adis i love that first celtic design you posted :) might have to use that as inspiration for mine if we take the plunge
allie didnt that hurt?? i heard the foot is one of the most painful places to get one, how did you survive! lol

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
OMG yes it hurt! Much worse than the one I got on the back of my neck!!!! I was lucky I picked something small, he was done in like 5 minutes :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results