shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you do when an ebay purchase doesn''t arrive?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 3:07:31 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 3/6/2009 2:48:33 PM
Author: beach
Seller is supposed to prove that the item was delivered and a receipt means nothing without signature confirmation on the package. I would not worry about a thing if it does not arrive. You will get your money back. Relax and see if it shows up before attacking the seller. You said they have alot of great feedback right? I remember I sent a package I sold via registered mail and it took almost 2 weeks!!! Not my fault at all and delays sometimes happen. Registered is the safest way to mail too! The buyer panicked and started getting mad. Once it arrived they apologized and realized it was a waste of time panicking. Let the process unfold and try not to let your emotions get the best of you. The seller needs to prove delivery and if they do not, you get your money back. You don't need to contact anyone but paypal....These policies are written in paypal info....

Um...it's been a month. I think I've been very patient thus far. And where did I attack the seller?
Just follow the paypal process and you will be fine. You should not have anymore correspondence with the seller unless it is through paypal mediation. And the seller needs to prove delivery NOT that it was just mailed. Paypal will ask if they used delivery or signature confirmation. Good luck!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not sure when the seller sent the package, but parsol post is just about the slowest way to ship something. I bought paper parsols on ebay and it was even sent via priority mail and THAT took 2 weeks to arrive. The post office is screwy and they dont give a hoot if you get your stuff or not. Paypal will refund your money, but by then it might have arrived. It took me 2 months to get paypal to give me back the 35.00 I sent via paypal for a cake server set...and the seller didnt respond ONCE to ANY of their emails. She also said she shipped it out...twice! She said, I shipped the package out. Then she said, I didnt ship it out beacuse I never recieved payment. THEN after I sent proof of payment via paypal she said, oh I''m sorry, i thought I was being scammed. I promise I had my secetary send it out this morning. Then NOTHING! I DIDNT GET JACK CRAP! Not even another email. Notta. Thanksfully paypal contacted the seller, didnt get a response either, and I got my money back. But it takes FOREVER! Good luck! I hope you get the jeans though because they are SUPER cute!

Oh, btw, another paypal experience gone bad is be aware of is if the seller has buyer protection that is LESS than the item you paid!

For example: I bought a Wii bundle, cost 420.00-after I paid, I realized it was a scam because I got an email for the seller tyring to sell MORE of them saying her hubby worked for a company that had on overstock of them (this was when you couldnt find them!) I contacted ebay and the seller was removed, etc.

Then I go to paypal. They refunded me 200.00!!!! They said they would "try to get the remaining $$$ back from the seller" I was like...and if you can''t..."it will go on their creidt report" and I said...what about me? Where is my money? "Well, you''ll have to wait" So I said...so I dont get any more money, they say, nope! I was like WTF????!?!?!?! So, after about 2 hrs and 20 their bosses boss later I had to get some speil about how ebay buyer protection works to get them to refund me my 420.00.

The good news is for me, which is kinda horrible and dont judget me, but they refunded me the 200.00 and THEN 420.00. So after 2 months and 3 hours worth of hassel, etc. I made 200.00 off the paypal bit. I didnt feel guilty though because they werent even goign to give me my 420.00 back, they thought I''d be okay being out 220.00. So I didnt feel bad when they messed up and gave me extra money.

sorry for the thread jack. I hate paypal, but most of the time, it does protect you, its just a pain in the rear!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I heard back from the seller through the dispute system and she again refused to provide a refund stating that her listing says she doesn''t give them and since she mailed the package it was my problem. This unwillingness to work with a customer is really telling about this person and their personal code of ethics-not to mention grasp (or lack there of) of the English language and semantics. A refund and a return are different things...So I escalated to PP and forwarded all of the email correspondence, etc. I''m totally willing to send the pants back should they arrive, but I don''t think they will.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2009 9:37:32 PM
Well I heard back from the seller through the dispute system and she again refused to provide a refund stating that her listing says she doesn''t give them and since she mailed the package it was my problem. This unwillingness to work with a customer is really telling about this person and their personal code of ethics-not to mention grasp (or lack there of) of the English language and semantics. A refund and a return are different things...So I escalated to PP and forwarded all of the email correspondence, etc. I''m totally willing to send the pants back should they arrive, but I don''t think they will.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Good luck! If she cant provide a tracking number paypal will refund your $$$ to you! You dont have to wry about that! I''m sry for your hassel! it does suck and put a bad taste in your mouth doesnt it!?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The worst part is I really wanted those jeans
7.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I heard back from PayPal this morning, they''ve recovered the $50 from the seller-YAY!!!

Now how am I going to manage the feedback situation....hmmmm

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Good for you HH, glad you stuck it out.
I feel confident you will find something to say in her feedback
28.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 8:04:27 AM
Well I heard back from PayPal this morning, they''ve recovered the $50 from the seller-YAY!!!

Now how am I going to manage the feedback situation....hmmmm
Woo! This is great news. I''m sorry you didn''t get your jeans.

Shady eBay sellers really peeve me. I used to not really care about feedback but now I certainly read anything negative on a seller''s page.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awesome HH, I''m so glad you managed to get your money back!

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you got your money back HH

As for feed back you have at least 90 days after EOA to leave it...

If you decide to leave it just make it factual...Item never received...etc.

As I stated in my first post.

It doesn''t matter what they say in their listing...the seller has to get it to the buyer in the condition it was listed...

And they have to have on-line proof of delivery (deliverry confirmation from USPS, with signature if over $250) if they have any chance of winning a paypal dispute (a receipt from post office not good enough)

A lot of people put things in their listings that aren''t correct...or make no sense...

There were other things in her auction that would turn me off and make me look elsewhere

The ''Payment in 3 days" thing annoys me (and I always pay immediately)...unless it is a time-sensitive item like concert tickets (and there are better ways to do them)

Ebay does not let the seller report a non-paying bidder (NPB) until after 7 days...

However when payment timelines are in there...best to follow them...because the seller can report the buyer eventually..although this person (seller) does not appear to be too savvy.

Very important to read through the entire auction...and make sure you are comfortable with the terms

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results