vanillavanillasml.JPG

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
White Chocolate

whtchocsml.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dixie, you cupcakes look great and delicious.
3.gif
That is too bad you don''t have a craft store nearby. We have 2 here which is surprising for a smallish city. We don''t have any fabric stores here anymore but Hobby Lobby does have a fabric department.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies, I have never posted on this thread before, but I saw this and thought of y''all: Diamond Cupcake Pendant
9.gif

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 9:34:03 AM
Author: dixie94
Another vanilla
Ohhhh my fave from the bunch!
Mercy....I loved the grape ones
36.gif
can''t find my rose tip to try
33.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2009 2:31:42 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Ladies, I have never posted on this thread before, but I saw this and thought of y''all: Diamond Cupcake Pendant
9.gif
Thanks Irishgrrl - that is perfect for this thread.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2009 3:48:27 PM
Author: Lulie
36.gif
33.gif
Thanks Lulie. I am still laughing over my demented teddy bears. I hope you find your rose tip. I need to see what tips I need for course 2 that I will be taking next month.
36.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Marcy! I am pretty excited b/c I went out browsing the other day and found some fun cupcake liners at Party City! I didn''t even think to look there before. I had fun using them on an order I delivered today. I''m also happy b/c I was able to get a store credit at a decorating store (my class didn''t turn out how I thought it would), so I bought a bunch of supplies I couldn''t afford.. fondant, fondant roller, cutters. I also found out that they have frosting colors and petal/luster dust. For some reason, I never saw it before so was able to experiment a little with my latest order.

Below is a Carrot Cake cupcake:

carrot2sml.JPG

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 3:48:27 PM
Author: Lulie
Date: 2/22/2009 9:34:03 AM

Author: dixie94

Another vanilla

Ohhhh my fave from the bunch!

36.gif
33.gif

Thanks Lulie, I liked that one too! All the pink just made me feel like a little girl again :)

Here''s another pic of the Carrot Cake:

carrotordersml.JPG

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s some Chocolate:

chocorder2sml.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dixie, those look DELICIOUS, please give me one
3.gif
I love carrot cake
18.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Skippy! Too bad you''re not a little closer, I have one left sitting in the ''frig.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dixie your cupcakes look delicious and you did a very nice job decorating them.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
dixie mmmmmm, YUMMY!! your cuppies look great!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my rose cake from the final night of Course 1.

mcrosecke.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, the cake turned out great! I need to take a class. Your roses are awesome!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Marcy, great cake, looks like fun!!!!!!! Are you signed up for the next class?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, so pretty! Your roses are great!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Steph, Skippy and Tacori.I told my mom to be watch for a major sugar rush with all the icing on that cake.

Skippy, I did sign up for course 2 next month.We will learn how to do more flowers and basketweave.I don’t think I’ll take the courses on fondant or gum paste.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Skippy. Basketweave is pretty - it remains to be seen if I can do it. LOL. I bet your wedding cake was gorgeous.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Marcy, Puffy and SDL, thank you!! I am having fun trying new things, just need more time in the day!!

Marcy, your cake looks great! You did a great job on the flowers. I wish you could come over and teach me!

I have a question. I played around with making some white chocolate toppers/designs tonight. First problem, I couldn''t get the white chocolate thin enough so it wasn''t really making the designs I wanted. I need to get another bag to use for these smaller tips but tonight just tried using a spoon back and forth.. didn''t really work! I ended up just sort of plopping the chocolate on the tin foil and then spreading it around with the spoon. This worked ok.
So, next problem... I put them in the freezer to harden. Maybe that was part of the problem, don''t know. I was afraid to leave them out to harden b/c I don''t think they would given the warm climate here. Once I took them out of the freezer, I was able to start peeling off of the foil and place on a cupcake. All seemed good! It almost immediately started to melt.
6.gif
After another few seconds, I couldn''t even remove more from the foil due to melting.

What am I doing wrong? Is there some trick? Would they harden outside of the freezer? Am I just out of luck w/chocolate toppers?
7.gif
I ended up doing chocolate curls/shavings on the white choc. cupcakes and white choc. shavings (didn''t curl, don''t know why) on the choc. cupcakes. Will post pics soon.

Thanks!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dixie.

What temperature was it inside while you were doing this? Also, what kind of white chocolate were you using? Do you happen to have the package and could you list the ingredients? And what was the chocolate doing when you were trying to get it to pipe? Also, what were you doing to try to thin the chocolate? And where do you live again?

It''d be a great help if you post pics...

Also, chocolate is a very difficult medium to work with, and I am FAR from an expert in it (I prefer to work with sugar--seems as though p chefs fall into the sugar or chocolate decoration categories...) but I know quite a bit still--enough to know I don''t like it as much as sugar! But chocolate is very temperamental and sensitive, so things like humidity and temperature REALLY throw it off.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Dixie and San Diego Lady. I start course 2 this week. More flowers.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Marcy-
Your cake is beautiful!
I''d never have thought that this is your first course in cake decorating.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 8:36:08 PM
Author: Skippy123
Dixie, those look DELICIOUS, please give me one
3.gif
I love carrot cake
18.gif
* COUGH*....me too....
11.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 3:07:50 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Dixie.

What temperature was it inside while you were doing this? Also, what kind of white chocolate were you using? Do you happen to have the package and could you list the ingredients? And what was the chocolate doing when you were trying to get it to pipe? Also, what were you doing to try to thin the chocolate? And where do you live again?

It''d be a great help if you post pics...

Also, chocolate is a very difficult medium to work with, and I am FAR from an expert in it (I prefer to work with sugar--seems as though p chefs fall into the sugar or chocolate decoration categories...) but I know quite a bit still--enough to know I don''t like it as much as sugar! But chocolate is very temperamental and sensitive, so things like humidity and temperature REALLY throw it off.
Hi Freke, thanks for trying to help! I don''t know the temp inside but I''d guess it was mid to high 70''s. I used the white chocolate that comes in 1 oz segments, the baking chocolate. I don''t have the package w/me but I will try to remember to list the ingredients when I get home. All I did was stick it in the microwave to melt it. Not the best method but I just wanted to try it and see what happens. I live in a tropical climate so it''s very humid and always warm.
I will try to post pics later also.
Since then, I''ve heard that you need to use tempered chocolate and it''s best to use the chocolate melts that are sold in a bag.
I didn''t have a bag that would fit my smaller tip so I just planned to put some on a spoon and drizzle it on the foil, making designs. This didn''t work; it was too thick. I ended up taking some with the spoon, putting it on the foil and then just made some random lines/designs with the spoon. I put it in the freezer to harden b/c I figured it never would while sitting on my counter. It did harden but after breaking off a piece and putting it on the cupcake, it started to melt. So did the rest of the pieces on the foil. They harden again when back in the freezer but quickly start to melt while on the counter.

Hope that helps and would love any tips!

Thanks!

Lorelei, maybe one of these days I''ll start to ship them and you''ll be first on my list! Of course, not knowing where you live, it might take awhile to reach you but I''ll try!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, DH is such a sausage sometimes. One of the guys he works with is working his final shift today, and all the lads had to bring a plate of food. He had asked me a while ago to make come cupcakes, and I was happy to, thought he wasn''t sure of the date, he would keep me posted. Well, of course, he didn''t, and he bounced out of bed this morning and realised he''d forgotton the afternoon tea was today! Yikes. I threw together a basic chocolate cupcake mix, but didn''t have time to go and get cream cheese for frosting, so I used *cringe* some stuff from a jar I had in the pantry (I know, I know, shock horror
14.gif
, but this was an emergency!) I used chocolate and vanilla swirled together, and popped a bit of peppermint essence into the frosting, which tasted surprisingly good. They didn''t look the best (probably because I had all of an hour to prepare them!!!) so I hid the imperfections with a corinthian biscuit
9.gif
They turned out fine I suppose, lucky for DH that I had the morning off work! Not my best by any stretch, but hey, cupcakes are cupcakes
41.gif

EmergencyCupcake.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankis Lili. I am in course 2 this month then I will be done with classes.

Dandi, your cupcakes look marvelous.
3.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results