shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Cut Toronto Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mowgli1

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I have desperately been trying to find an asscher cut diamond from a diamond dealer in Toronto. I''m Canadian but living in the UK so I thought that I''d be able to claim the gst/pst back as a non-resident (?) and have the advantage of paying in cdn dollars rather than sterling. Also, do I pay a customs duty on this or a luxury tax? Is it better to have it shipped from the US?

Does anyone know where I can find an asscher cut in Toronto? I''m searching for 1-1.25 carat, d-g, vs2 and higher, a good cut. This diamond runs around £4600 in the UK ($10,580 cdn, $8280 US) I spoke to one dealer (who didn''t carry it) who told me it was a crappy diamond, would depreciate in value and wouldn''t sparkle, so I''m a bit wary of wading out into the market again. Also, what''s the best depth for this cut of diamond?

I''ll be coming home to pick up the diamond and have it set, so any help from anyone is really appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results