shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb dear, don''t be silliy. The earrings look elegant on you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a better picture of my earrings, although from this picture one cannot tell that they are yellow gold! They are. They are 14K yellow gold and, therefore, a relatively pale yellow gold color. The rest of the detail of the earrings is pretty good in this photo! One can see the grain well, for instance. The earrings are very lightweight and fun to wear; one can run her fingers through them!!! I want to play with them!!!

Deborah
34.gif

200914KBdayEarrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
style="WIDTH: 99.12%; HEIGHT: 90px">
Date:
2/21/2009 4:53:20 PM
Author: Harriet

I didn''t see this, Harriet! Thank you so much!!!!

Major hugs!
Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the earrings!
P.S. When I grow up, I''d like one of those silky Buccellati bangles, please.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/21/2009 4:58:50 PM

Here''s the bracelet, which can be joined to the necklace

It''s just gorgeous, Harriet! Now I can see where the people who made my earrings got their idea for the grain of the gold! They were attempting to copy your Buccellati (or someone else who had copied your Buccellati and whose work they had seen!) The grain on that Honolulu piece is just fabulous!!!

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or maybe I should seek out your vendor instead?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted everyone to be able to see the grain on the gold. I hope it comes out in the photo. As I said, the people who made my earrings were inspired by this look.

Deb
34.gif

HonoluluNecklace.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Deb. May I ask where you got your earrings?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/21/2009 5:21:42 PM

Or maybe I should seek out your vendor instead?

I won''t start off with, "unfortunately" as I was planning to, since it is not unfortunate to run into a nice, small, retail jeweler. However, the vendor who sold me the earrings is just a small retail jeweler in a tiny mall where I regularly shop at a Balducci''s. One day I just decided to go in and ask if they had any 24K gold and I ended coming out with those earrings and some information (like the store being an AGS store with the owner being a GIA cerified gemologist). The earrings were not part of any set that I could see :(. If I can ever afford it, I will buy Buccellati!!!

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, that makes sense. Generally, I cringe at paying a premium for designer jewellery, unless it's a piece that can't be replicated. Buccellati's work is simply beautiful and will hold some value, I dare say.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/21/2009 5:26:07 PM

Thanks, Deb. May I ask where you got your earrings?

Certainly. I had just put away his card today. I dealt with Sharyn Park, a lovely sales assocaite. The jewelry store is:

Mangan Jewelers
6649 Old Dominion Drive
McLean, Virginia 22101
(703) 821-3344
www.manganjewelers.com
[email protected]
Fax 571 633-0124

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Deb.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are obviously constantly cross posting, Harriet, but it doesn''t seem to have stopped us from basic communications...thank goodness!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, I agree that these earrings are a perfect length! You have impeccable taste! That would make a beautiful set of jewelry. (One doesn''t call it a suite if it is not gem-encrusted, does one?)

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m pleased to have your approval. I don''t know whether gems are required for a parure, but I suspect a ring is.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 5:10:29 PM
Author: AGBF

style="WIDTH: 99.12%; HEIGHT: 90px">
Date:
2/21/2009 4:53:20 PM

I didn''t see this, Harriet! Thank you so much!!!!

Major hugs!
Deb
34.gif
HI:

No worries Deb--they are lovely!

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon,
What do you think of the Honolulu collection? You can be brutally honest. Hubby wants me to pick my birthday present.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 8:24:31 PM
Sharon,
What do you think of the Honolulu collection? You can be brutally honest. Hubby wants me to pick my birthday present.
HI Harriet:

I am not sure this is an attribute.......
9.gif
2.gif

Honestly, I think the collection is very fresh. I have always been drawn to this thin multicircle design--lots of light thru the links rendering it lightweight in appearance and therefore, "airy". Could be dressed up or down.

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

Thanks for your opinion.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coati, I hope I am not repeating myself...but I may be. I "found" this vendor today, but I may have found her before and posted a link to her in this thread before! She is on Etsy. This band was only $595.00. I do not know if you gave up on the idea of a band with stones for your mother, but I wanted to point out the vendor. I hope I didn't point her out twice. (It is also possible, of course, that someone else pointed her out and that now I have found her. I apologize if I am doing that, too!)

Senile Deb
34.gif

noellemillerOnEtsy18K.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb,
Do you know of anyone in New York who does custom gold work?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/22/2009 2:55:41 PM
Author: AGBF

coati, I hope I am not repeating myself...but I may be. I ''found'' this vendor today, but I may have found her before and posted a link to her in this thread before! She is on Etsy. This band was only $595.00. I do not know if you gave up on the idea of a band with stones for your mother, but I wanted to point out the vendor. I hope I didn''t point her out twice. (It is also possible, of course, that someone else pointed her out and that now I have found her. I apologize if I am doing that, too!)
I knew that I posted a link to the wrong site in the posting I made above as soon as I did it, but I had to take care of my family and could not get back to the computer until hours later when I could no longer edit that posting! The vendor that made that ring pictured above is not Creative Goldsmith (which is the one to which I accidentally provided a link), but Noelle Miller. This should actually get you to her Etsy website! I am sorry for any confusion!

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/22/2009 3:51:10 PM

Do you know of anyone in New York who does custom gold work?

No, but I know someone spectacular in Stamford, Connecticut. He is the goldsmith I use for custom work.

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Deb dear.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is from another Etsy site that gets plenty of mention on Pricescope! It is kateszabone's shop on Etsy. I first heard of it in a thread on stackable rings in the Colored Stones forum of Pricescope, where it was a favorite site of many people. Kate made adorable and affordable, stackable rings in both silver and gold with many different gemstones. It has turned out that she has some gold pieces, too. Most are not high karat, but are 14K. This ring, however, was 24K and so I though of coati and dutifully reported its existence!

Oh! Kate uses a lot of rose gold, too!!! And she does custom work, so if you love rose gold, you can ask her to execute something in rose!

Deborah
34.gif

kateszabone24Kband.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Deb! I love Kate's shop, and I really like this ring! I think this may be right up her alley. I'm making a big file of rings for my dad to show my mom before I buy--I want her to love her present!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gurhan Alert!

I had just downloaded a photo of a pair of earrings by Gurhan that I had never seen before and that I really admired.... A few minutes later I saw that another website had them on sale for 30% off! And the second website was reputable! It was one from which I had gotten a quote on ruby Chopard Happy Diamond earrings, Lussori! The earrings were (instead of being over $3,000) $2,100.00! Now I know that that is not (pardon me) "chump change", but for Gurhan diamonds in 24K gold it is pretty good! Especially for diamonds of this size. Take a look, Gurhan lovers!

Deborah
34.gif

GurhanDiamondDropEarrings.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Deb, I swear, you and I have the same ''Byzantine'' taste in jewelry!
2.gif
I''ve drooled over every piece you''ve posted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results