shape
carat
color
clarity

If you''re online- exercising question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been exercising for about 30-45 minutes on the treadmill everyday and then adding weights everyother day after that. It''s been about 4 days and I''m trying to do 6 days and then take a day off...do you think I should keep going for 6 days straight this week or let sunday be my off day? I''m a little sore of yesterday which is why I''m wondering. I feel kind of lazy taking a day off lol
Ok thank you!!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Are you working different parts of your bodies on different days? For instance, upper body on Mon, Weds, Friday and lower body on the other days. That way you get to work your entire body over the week but you get to rest alternate muscles every other day.

nuclear

Rough_Rock
I generally go to the gym 6 days a week and have been doing so for a long time, except when I am away of course.
As long as you do different body parts when you do strength training, you will be fine.

However, on a different note, you will get much better results from your running if you did intervals rather than just grinding out mile after mile at the same speed.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been doing speed walking on an incline and i vary the speeds, speeding up to the fastest in the middle of the workout
i hate running lol

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Are you just starting this fitness regime? your body definitely needs a break..I''d take a day off, rather than go 6 days in a row, if you''re just starting. Muscles need time to repair themselves. Easy does it at first. Cardio can be done every day, without taking time off.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2009 8:00:36 AM
Author: beau13
Are you just starting this fitness regime? your body definitely needs a break..I''d take a day off, rather than go 6 days in a row, if you''re just starting. Muscles need time to repair themselves. Easy does it at first. Cardio can be done every day, without taking time off.
Ditto Beau - Smurfy take a day or two off to allow your muscles to recover from weights at least. Just do cardio if you want to do something but a day off from working out can be a good thing.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I see the most results in the days following a day of rest. I think personally my body needs it. It all depends on how your body responds but also I think your mind needs a break as well. It is not lazy to take a day off. Think of it as rewarding your body for all the hard work you made it do. However, if you are not sore and you want to work out I don''t think there is anything wrong with that either.

BTW...intervall training helps me see results almost instantaneously.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I do Mondays, Tuesdays, take Wednesday off, then Thurs, Friday, take Saturday off, then gym Sunday again. It works well for me, I like the midweek break.

purelily

Shiny_Rock
6 days a week is fine honestly if you are working different body parts. Have you tried body for life?
every other day cardio coordinated with weight training. An example would be
Monday - Cardio
Tuesday - 2 types of exercises for all muscles in the upper body
Wed- Cardio
Thurs- 2 types of exercises for all muscles in the lower body
Fri - Cardio
Sat - 2 types of excercises for all muscles in upper body
Sunday - Break
Monday - Cardio
Tuesday - 2 types of exercises for all muscles in lower body
Wed - Cardio
Thurs - 2 types of excercises for all muscles in upper body

etc. Kinda see the pattern? One week 2x upper body 1x lower, next week 2x lower with 1x upper, and alternate.

I went from a 14 to a size 0 in three months. (I was also low carbing it and was taking fat burners). I am planning on going back on this regime without the fat burners. I will not take those again, but you could try it.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I usually take the weekend off. Make sure you give your body time to recover and keep yourself from getting burnt out.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
For cardio, it dosn''t really matter when you take your day off. If you are really sore in your legs, you can ease up on the cardio that day (maybe not as much incline?).

For weight training, if I am sore, I usually give myself 2 days before working that muscle group again. But will do other muscle groups. I have been lifting for a long time, and while everyone is different, I saw a huge benefit lifting 2 days a week, but not much more if I did additional days. I do chest, triceps, and legs on one day and back, shoulders, biceps, abs on the other day. I do cardio whenever I can, which has been about 3-4 days a week since I finished school. I wish I could do 6 days a week of exercise.

Also, on the weekends, if you can, try to do outdoor things with your FI as your exercise. I say this because on a whim me and my BF went ice skating. We had a lot of fun together, and exercised. It will also mix things up for you. Do don''t have to go out on ice, but maybe a walk in the park, depending on where you live?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results