shape
carat
color
clarity

How much should I pay at a B&M store over online

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jeff

Rough_Rock
I''m buying a GIA .92ct SI1 H Princess cut with a 70 table and 75 depth. The cut is very good and the jeweler is a friend of a friend and Im getting a 25% discount. I trust the guy and showed him internet prices, but he said he doesn''t buy them for as cheap as the large internet companies and they don''t have and overhead costs. I''m still paying $4,400 for the diamond, is the free cleaning, repair, breakage guarantee, and extra service worth the extra money? The diamond looks excellent for a princess, but is this a fair price for a B&M store? Thanks
read.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jeff,

just curious... Who told you it's an excellent cut? Do you have a Megascope, brilliancescope, idealscope analisys or something like that to prove it?

A few vendors have a in house stock, but most simply get a list from the net and make a search engine... So the statement about buying large quantities is not that true.
Also, 25% off from what? Rapaport?
BTW,
the price is higher than internet. A ~0.90ct H SI 1 costs about $2.5-3K on the net and with $4.5K you could get a 1ct +++.
I'm not trying to be overly critical, but I want you to know all aspects of buying such an important thing!
1.gif

BTW, are you Italian?
1.gif

pedromt

Rough_Rock
How much should you pay at a B&M Store over Online?

In my opinion... not a cent
2.gif

rebeccasbro

Rough_Rock
Jeff,

Im a lurker and this is my first post, but my thought on the matter is that if you trust the person that you are dealing with at the jewelry store, then that goes a long way in my book. When I bought the diamond for my wife, I did a lot of research on the internet and still decided to buy from a local jewelry store. I chose the service end of it, but thats up to you.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results