shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tbird

Rough_Rock
I mistakenly posted to the rocky talk forum and didn''t get much response. What do you guys think. I had it custom made and I proposed on Tues. at the Cubs game. Everything went great, just wondering what others thought of the setting.

Joe S.

wen_ring.jpeg

tbird

Rough_Rock
Another

wen_ring5.jpeg

tbird

Rough_Rock
Another

wen_ring1.jpeg

tbird

Rough_Rock
And another

wen_ring4.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, tbird-

I take it that congratulations are in order? You mention that you proposed but gave us no further information (at least here)!

I have never seen a setting quite like that. It is unique and looks antique. Please give us some more information about it and about the stone.

Best of luck!

read.gif

tbird

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I'm sorry, I should of included more.

I had the Cubs radio announcer, Ron Santo, ask her over the radio. Since we always bring our radio to the game she heard it and said yes! We even got to go up in the box with them while they broadcaster for a half inning.

The princess stone is a 1.01 ct. D, VS2. And the setting is custom made platinum with another .4 ct of channel set rounds.

Thanks for your compliments

Joe

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Joe! That is a *great* proposal story! I hope you put it into the area reserved for *PROPOSAL* stories, since others may want to see it when they are thinking of ways to pop the question (and they won't look here
1.gif
).

That diamond sounds *gorgeous*. One cannot tell from a picture. The setting, as I said, is unique. You said it was custom made. I had thought it might be an antique and/or family heirloom. Who designed it? If it was you, did you know exactly what your girlfriend (now fiancee) wanted?

As you can see, some of us always want more information :).

All the best,

Deborah

read.g<BR
if'>

PS-Go post this story in "Proposal Ideas"!!!

tbird

Rough_Rock
The diamond would be a 2B grade by the charts that are available through Dave Atlas. Its got a T-76%, D-75%, and crown height of 7.5% by hand (although the sarin machine read 9.3%). I obviously would of like a smaller table on paper but being somewhat on a budget I went by eye when I choose this one.

And yes the setting is custom. It was made by a Russian fellow here in Chicago. I had no idea what my finace wanted beside a princess cut diamond. I went out on a limb with the setting. Its kind of inspired by something similar at BBB and the combination of details that I liked on other retail settings.

Meow

Rough_Rock
It is absolutely stunning. I am a sucker for antique settings and I love the channel set rounds. How could she had possibly said no? I wish both of you the best!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results