shape
carat
color
clarity

Boot camp week one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
So, I just signed up for "Bridealicious Boot Camp" last week. Yes, the name is ridiculous. BUT I really like it so far. We meet 3x a week (6:30 am on Tues/Thurs and 8am on Saturdays. There is also a 6:30pm one but I can''t commit to making that b/c of work)

We meet at a local park and It is an amazing workout. I guess what it is called is "high intensity interval training" We run/sprint back and forth across the park, up and down a small hill, run sideways, lunge, etc. Then he alternates that with strength training - push ups, weight lifting, medicine ball, rowing with resistance bands.

I will let you guys know how it goes. I am currently one of the fattest people in the class (and I am not overweight, bmi OF 21.5, just everyone else is super skinny) but I''m hoping thats just because I''m new =)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wow - I think that must be an LA thing, I can''t imagine you being the "fattest" person anywhere
23.gif
32.gif

That sounds like an awesome workout though, and go you for committing to getting up so early - that''s fantastic
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
YAHOO for bootcamp!

I started going to one in October, and it sounds very similar to yours.

Mine is a 4 week program per session. We meet 5x a week from 6a-7:30a at a park in the Valley. It''s all-female, so our workouts are geared towards making our bodies leaner and toned (not bulky). We do a lot of cardio, intervals, squats, lunges, running, ab/butt work, etc... On fridays we go hiking.

I just started my third session last week, so i guess you can say that I''m hooked! My endurance has tremendously improved, and I feel great. And yep, i''ve lost pounds, inches and body fat.

Can''t wait to hear more about yours. Please let us know how it goes!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I''m intrigued...

whitetulips

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 2:18:32 PM
Author: Bia
I''m intrigued...

Me too! How do you find a thing like this? What is the cost like? I''ve never heard of such a thing. . .

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
It's ~$200/month. I think they have it in many major cities, but since I'm in LA I've heard about a LOT of different ones (LA is probably ground zero for health/exercise crazes)

I'd google "boot camp" and the name of your city.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How''s the bootcamp going, RZ?

It sounds like a lot of fun and like it could really hold the interest of those of us that get bored too easily at the gym. I''m sure we don''t have something like that around here -- well, at least not the outdoor component that is really appealing to me.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I''m impressed rockzilla. Good for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results