shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Spinel Halo Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
MC, Coati, Kitty - thank you for your kind comments!

KCoursolle - Thank you for your kind words. I love your "skye" ring - I hope to have one like it someday! The setting was custom made by K and B Diamond Setters in Melbourne, Australia.

Namaste, Glueck, Mommy 2 Iz, DiamondSeeker 2006, Miss Fortune, Lauren, Gossamer, SDL, Tacori, Burk and Blueauratus - thank you all so much for your kind words
9.gif
9.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif
Great pics too!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love love love it!! It''s totally gorgeous.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
the color in that spinel is so gorgeous!
beautiful ring

joflier

Ideal_Rock
What a fantastic ring!!!!! What a great colored spinel!
36.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
L
30.gif
vely blue color! Congratulations!

CharmCity

Rough_Rock
Sparklies and Plumerias together!!! My favorite things!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, it is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, YUM!
18.gif
30.gif

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
What an absolutely gorgeous ring!! Happy anniversary!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring - one of my faves with a coloured stone.
But you already knew that, lol..

Hope you don''t mind, I just had to purchase one of these OEC-like cuts from Dan. Its a mint green tourmaline, with any luck I should have it this week.
Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration
5.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you cushion cut nut; bee*; ckrickett; joflier; Aprilbaby; skippy; musey; babygirl for your kind words!
9.gif
They are most appreciated!

And of course AJ - thank you! Did you get the 1.34 ct Tourmaline that he recently posted?? I like!! Look forward to seeing what you do with it! I must also admit every time I see your avatar I find myself wanting an OEC for myself
31.gif
31.gif
- alas, I think that will be awhile away!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 7:28:19 AM
Author: bling addict
Thank you cushion cut nut; bee*; ckrickett; joflier; Aprilbaby; skippy; musey; babygirl for your kind words!
9.gif
They are most appreciated!

And of course AJ - thank you! Did you get the 1.34 ct Tourmaline that he recently posted?? I like!! Look forward to seeing what you do with it! I must also admit every time I see your avatar I find myself wanting an OEC for myself
31.gif
31.gif
- alas, I think that will be awhile away!
Hi BA, yes I did get the 1.34 - as soon as he told me it was the same cut as yours, I couldn't resist. Dan is lovely and very helpful, I hope to buy from him again..and again
11.gif

He also said its a bit more saturated than the pic IRL, and very much like a mint merelani garnet - which I have wanted for ages, but the price didn't agree with me, lol!

Thankyou for your compliments on my OEC - that was an ebay score, so sometimes you do not need as much $ as you may think (enable, enable)
9.gif

While I have you here, do you mind if I ask one more Q about K & B? Of course pls just say so if you're not comfortable..but I was just wondering, how did their pricing stack up in your opinion? (ie. average/expensive)?..
I won't be able to afford to set the tourm anytime soon, but a lil planning never hurts, right?
2.gif

Thanks!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AJ - that tourmaline will be beautiful I think! I have found that the stones are always darker/more saturated than in the photos.

With regard to K and B I''m not really sure how they compare with other places - as I didn''t shop around -- maybe not the best thing for me do, but their quote was under my budget and I am happy.

They were considerably more expensive then say a LOGR setting I would say, but also of a different standard I think. I haven''t yet had the opportunity to use a vendor like whiteflash yet, as I always want to view my stone first...so I can''t compare to them. The closest I could find to compare (in a hurry) was this ring at whiteflash http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Ring-Of-Light--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1368.htm its price of $975 USD in 18K white gold, and it has about the same weight in melee - i think mine may be more around 0.4ct mark - if you convert it on today''s exchange rate, and add GST etc, it is fairly similarly priced I believe to what I paid for my setting....

I received an earlier quote for a plain bezel (no diamonds) but on an octagonal stone, which was quite a bit cheaper, but I guess more expensive then I had been hoping for as I changed my plans
9.gif
...I think most people wouldn''t spend that much money on setting a stone that was as reasonably priced as Dan''s, but I prefer to go on the basis that if I love the stone, then I want to love the setting.

Anyways, as usual that was a really long winded way of me saying that I''m not going to be much help as I can''t say how they compare to other places exactly, but I think it is similarly priced to the whiteflash one above (based on today''s rates) which I think is reasonable - particularly as it was made exactly to my specs.

Sorry about the long post...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 9:30:40 AM
Hi AJ - that tourmaline will be beautiful I think! I have found that the stones are always darker/more saturated than in the photos.

With regard to K and B I''m not really sure how they compare with other places - as I didn''t shop around -- maybe not the best thing for me do, but their quote was under my budget and I am happy.

They were considerably more expensive then say a LOGR setting I would say, but also of a different standard I think. I haven''t yet had the opportunity to use a vendor like whiteflash yet, as I always want to view my stone first...so I can''t compare to them. The closest I could find to compare (in a hurry) was this ring at whiteflash http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Ring-Of-Light--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1368.htm its price of $975 USD in 18K white gold, and it has about the same weight in melee - i think mine may be more around 0.4ct mark - if you convert it on today''s exchange rate, and add GST etc, it is fairly similarly priced I believe to what I paid for my setting....

I received an earlier quote for a plain bezel (no diamonds) but on an octagonal stone, which was quite a bit cheaper, but I guess more expensive then I had been hoping for as I changed my plans
9.gif
...I think most people wouldn''t spend that much money on setting a stone that was as reasonably priced as Dan''s, but I prefer to go on the basis that if I love the stone, then I want to love the setting.

Anyways, as usual that was a really long winded way of me saying that I''m not going to be much help as I can''t say how they compare to other places exactly, but I think it is similarly priced to the whiteflash one above (based on today''s rates) which I think is reasonable - particularly as it was made exactly to my specs.

Sorry about the long post...
Hi BA!
35.gif

I just wanted to say I am so so sorry I never replied here - I completely forgot I had asked you that, I apologize!
You must think I''m a big meanie!

You were extremely helpful, thankyou so much for taking the time with your answer.
The reason why I was re-visiting this thread is I''ve actually sent them off an email with an enquiry for a quote for setting my umbalite...I spoke very briefly to B, he seems nice
5.gif
He said his son done the benchwork, no?
I wanted to explore options first here, before I decide to go O/S again..mainly due to the rubbish $
14.gif

I gave them heaps of pics, and am asking for something similiar to a James Meyer bezel ring - sorta a cross between Coati''s and the one with the leaves on the sides..(I didn''t want to muck up your thread with unrelated pics)..
From what you know, do you think that is a style they could "pull off"? I know its a bit different, and not something everyone would be used to doing..
I wanted a quote from them as I was very impressed with the quality of your ring, but its weird as thats the only thing I''ve ever seen of theirs, lol !

Do you mind to share what the ballpark for the plain bezel was, as I guess that will be closer to my project? - (.ie. ~500, ~900, etc)..

I agree with you 100% on the stone and setting thing - I imagine my stone will end up being about ~30% the cost of the setting, but I want to love the whole ring
1.gif

Hope you don''t mind all the questions, and again my apologies for forgetting about this lovey!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Good gracious, that''s a beaut.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Just Julia thank you so much for your kind words
9.gif

AJ, no worries - I''m so excited to see how your umbalite turns out!
36.gif
36.gif
I love the ideas you have for the setting - I''m afraid I have no idea what other setting styles they have done before, as I literally had not much to do with the process - well other then supply pics of what I liked - my husband did the rest of the organising as it was an anniversary present. I hope that they are able to do what you wanted (because I like that James Meyer one too and want to be inspired by it one day!)

I think I recall my husband saying that a plain bezel was in the vicinity of $1K (AUD) - for 18K white gold although at the time I was wondering if it was more because the stone was octagon, or if it would have been the same if it was a plain shaped stone, I thought octagon may have made it more expensive --- the setting I have is quite a nice solid setting with a decent amount of gold --- I can''t remember if it was a little over or under but it was in that ballpark. Hope that helps, looking forward to seeing the final product wherever you end up getting it made!
36.gif
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is so well made and lovely! I had to look again! Thanks for posting more pics!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s spectacular!! Love the color of your spinel, just striking!! And the setting is stunning. Congrats on your first anniversary.
30.gif
30.gif

You take great pics!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow it''s beautiful! Congrats on your anniversary!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!! I really need to jump on the colored stone bandwagon already!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow... i''m not a big fan of colored stones... however, when I do see a colored stone I like, I generally fall in love. I''M SOOOO IN LOVE. That color is amazing. OK - have to go back and see the original link and find out all about it. LOVE I tell you! LOVE!!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 6:48:44 AM
Just Julia thank you so much for your kind words
9.gif

AJ, no worries - I''m so excited to see how your umbalite turns out!
36.gif
36.gif
I love the ideas you have for the setting - I''m afraid I have no idea what other setting styles they have done before, as I literally had not much to do with the process - well other then supply pics of what I liked - my husband did the rest of the organising as it was an anniversary present. I hope that they are able to do what you wanted (because I like that James Meyer one too and want to be inspired by it one day!)

I think I recall my husband saying that a plain bezel was in the vicinity of $1K (AUD) - for 18K white gold although at the time I was wondering if it was more because the stone was octagon, or if it would have been the same if it was a plain shaped stone, I thought octagon may have made it more expensive --- the setting I have is quite a nice solid setting with a decent amount of gold --- I can''t remember if it was a little over or under but it was in that ballpark. Hope that helps, looking forward to seeing the final product wherever you end up getting it made!
36.gif
36.gif
Hey BA,

cheers matey for all your advice, you''ve been a huge help!
35.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Coati, Kaleigh, Kelli, Moonwater, Debshine, -- thank you all so much for your kind words!
9.gif

AJ - no worries!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
I had to come back and look again. I don''t get easily jealous - actually I don''t get jealous... but oh my....
21.gif
I''m turning green. This ring is just perfect.... I''m gushing, aren''t I? Sorry... OK... you get the drift. Can''t promise I won''t be back though!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
It''s Beautiful!! I Love RB Halos!! Great pictures, too!

v*

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much Debshine and Vita Dolce for your kind words!
9.gif

9.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Love the color and the setting is beautiful!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Now THAT is a RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Swooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love your ring! It is so beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results