shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel-ing Rhodolite/Umbalite Garnet - pls help with first project!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 3:04:42 AM
Author: arjunajane

Hey Coats
35.gif
Cheers hon..I was considering putting OEC's on the sides, which I think would be killer
30.gif
But I'm too inpatient to wait for any more stones
11.gif

ooohh! That would be so lovely! Or even contemporary, but super chunky square cushions would be awesome.
30.gif
...and of course, omc.
27.gif
(get outta my head AJ!
3.gif
)

What's your ring size--what finger will you be wearing this beauty? I think a solitaire with the leaf detail will be gorgeous!

Oh, and lovely photography as always, hon.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou kindly Michelle and Rock Candy (like the screen name btw)
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 11:39:54 AM
Author: coatimundi

Hey Coats
35.gif
Cheers hon..I was considering putting OEC''s on the sides, which I think would be killer
30.gif
But I''m too inpatient to wait for any more stones
11.gif

ooohh! That would be so lovely! Or even contemporary, but super chunky square cushions would be awesome.
30.gif
...and of course, omc.
27.gif
(get outta my head AJ!
3.gif
)

What''s your ring size--what finger will you be wearing this beauty? I think a solitaire with the leaf detail will be gorgeous!

Ha, I know how good would a 3 stone be a la Erica''s new ring
30.gif

However, I love that leaf design too much, so I''m sticking to it - what do you think about adding VC-like flowers on the shank where JM usually has wraps? good or bad idea..?

Its going to go on RH ring finger - which I think is a 7..I have crazy different sizes from my left to right - my ering is a 4.75
6.gif
I swear, I''m not a weird club-handed person IRL, they look normal, lol!
3.gif

As you can see in pics, my fingers are real short (unlike your beauties - green
25.gif
) - so I think I''ll get pretty decent finger coverage outta this one
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 1:25:50 PM
Date: 1/29/2009 11:39:54 AM

Hey Coats
35.gif
Cheers hon..I was considering putting OEC''s on the sides, which I think would be killer
30.gif
But I''m too inpatient to wait for any more stones
11.gif

30.gif
...and of course, omc.
27.gif
(get outta my head AJ!
3.gif
)

What''s your ring size--what finger will you be wearing this beauty? I think a solitaire with the leaf detail will be gorgeous!

Ha, I know how good would a 3 stone be a la Erica''s new ring
30.gif

However, I love that leaf design too much, so I''m sticking to it - what do you think about adding VC-like flowers on the shank where JM usually has wraps? good or bad idea..?

Its going to go on RH ring finger - which I think is a 7..I have crazy different sizes from my left to right - my ering is a 4.75
6.gif
I swear, I''m not a weird club-handed person IRL, they look normal, lol!
3.gif

As you can see in pics, my fingers are real short (unlike your beauties - green
25.gif
) - so I think I''ll get pretty decent finger coverage outta this one
1.gif

Woman, I have crazy fingers too! 4 on my left ring finger, and 7 on my forefinger--same hand! hahaha You are so funny!

I wouldn''t add flowers, but that''s just me. I love VC, but I''d save that for a different piece. I love the wraps!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 1:39:39 PM

Woman, I have crazy fingers too! 4 on my left ring finger, and 7 on my forefinger--same hand! hahaha You are so funny!

I wouldn''t add flowers, but that''s just me. I love VC, but I''d save that for a different piece. I love the wraps!
Ha Ha, good to hear I''m not alone in my infliction!

Good point re the flowers - I love the wraps too, but am looking for ways to change it up a bit so its not too copy-ish, yanno?
Do you think its overkill?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 1:45:03 PM

Good point re the flowers - I love the wraps too, but am looking for ways to change it up a bit so its not too copy-ish, yanno?

Yah--a bit, but I have really simple tastes---plus LOVE wraps!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 1:51:34 PM

Date: 1/29/2009 1:45:03 PM

Yah--a bit, but I have really simple tastes---plus LOVE wraps!
Ha, ok, I''ll see what we can do..
35.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
How about doing small bows instead of wraps, maybe with some colored enamel (soft pink, or something that would compliment the garnet, or pearlescent white to go with the leaves)? I also have a feeling flowers would be too much (you could ran out of real estate
2.gif
), cause they'd be far behind all those other elements and only hurt your neighbouring fingers with diamond accents - could really get uncomfortable.

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What beautiful colors!!! I love the shot of all three together.....

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 2:24:36 PM
Author: ma re
How about doing small bows instead of wraps, maybe with some colored enamel (soft pink, or something that would compliment the garnet, or pearlescent white to go with the leaves)? I also have a feeling flowers would be too much (you could ran out of real estate
2.gif
), cause they'd be far behind all those other elements and only hurt your neighbouring fingers with diamond accents - could really get uncomfortable.
Hi ma re - yeah, I had thought about that - wasn't sure how the dimensions would work or no.
As far as I know the designers doesn't work in anything like enamel, althought it is a nice idea.
After seeing it next to my diamond, I would like to incorporate some white diamonds somewhere..We'll see
1.gif

Thanks for all your advice along the way!

Thanks Shinyrocks for the compliment!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ, what color gold are you doing? Did you post that someplace before and I missed it? I''m so excited for you to get it done..I lay in bed at night and fantasize about that JM setting b/c I adore it so much!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
So sweet! I adore that umbalite! Thank you so much for all the pictures!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 8:58:14 PM
Author: packrat
AJ, what color gold are you doing? Did you post that someplace before and I missed it? I''m so excited for you to get it done..I lay in bed at night and fantasize about that JM setting b/c I adore it so much!
Hey packrat, defo YG - may have some WG details, but mainly yellow..

Ha ha!! I''m glad I''m not the only one...if only my Fi knew, I''m sure he would be jealous !
31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 9:14:23 PM
Author: Fly Girl
So sweet! I adore that umbalite! Thank you so much for all the pictures!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks FG, you''re very welcome
emphoto.gif
emthup.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 7:59:38 PM

2.gif
), cause they''d be far behind all those other elements and only hurt your neighbouring fingers with diamond accents - could really get uncomfortable.
Hi ma re - yeah, I had thought about that - wasn''t sure how the dimensions would work or no.
As far as I know the designers doesn''t work in anything like enamel, althought it is a nice idea.
Another idea - in place of wraps have small bugs (something cute, made out of YG), with diamond wings (since you''d like some diamonds somewhere). Those bugs could be made smaller than flowers, so it might all be easier to wear.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 10:59:55 AM

Date: 1/29/2009 7:59:38 PM

2.gif
), cause they''d be far behind all those other elements and only hurt your neighbouring fingers with diamond accents - could really get uncomfortable.
Hi ma re - yeah, I had thought about that - wasn''t sure how the dimensions would work or no.
As far as I know the designers doesn''t work in anything like enamel, althought it is a nice idea.
Another idea - in place of wraps have small bugs (something cute, made out of YG), with diamond wings (since you''d like some diamonds somewhere). Those bugs could be made smaller than flowers, so it might all be easier to wear.
Tee hee, you do have interesting ideas ma re - I think you suggested the bugs in my other thread?
Don''t get me wrong, I do think its a cool idea - I just think I will go for more simple.

Thankyou though!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
How exciting this is AJ....can''t wait to see what you decide upon!!!!

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 2:35:20 AM
Author: loriken214
How exciting this is AJ....can''t wait to see what you decide upon!!!!

Lori

Hi Lori, thankyou!
I really like your new gem.
30.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
arjunajane,
Are you having Sally create your setting? I''m getting some ideas from her as well for my stone.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 1:06:42 AM
Author: cinnamon013
arjunajane,

Are you having Sally create your setting? I'm getting some ideas from her as well for my stone.

Hey Cinnamon - I was absolutely going to, but I'm afraid I don't think I will be now. Its for no other reason but the logistics of getting the stone to her, thats all.
I would if I could - she is extremely nice and helpful, her work looks great and her prices can't be beat for handmade.
I encourage you to go with her if you'd like to. I am going to look for something likely closer to home for this stone, but I plan on sending her some smaller stones in future for stackers, definately.

What designs do you like?

ETA: oh, don't worry I just saw in your thread. Yes that heart ring is very nice, as is most of her stuff.
How about that twisted rope of gold she does around your halo?

Like in these designs (which I love!)..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pic..

how mandalay.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cannot WAIT so see you finished products. I ADORE your stunning cushion.

AJ... can you link me to babyblue''s thread on her pendant? Who made her settings for that ring and pendant?

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
hi there arjunajane
35.gif

I just love the ideas you have, and have looked at Sally's work before - she does some gorgeous designs!

I wanted to ask - where the ring came from that you posted about? It is stunning! I've attached it here so you can see which one I mean. Getting a mix of the JM, LIB's beautiful ruby ring and this one, will be awesome.

I'd love love love to look at the ring I'm asking about, is it one of Sally's?

many many thanks in advance!

Wendy

1.gif

arjunajanepink.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 4:09:49 AM
Author: Gypsy
I cannot WAIT so see you finished products. I ADORE your stunning cushion.

AJ... can you link me to babyblue''s thread on her pendant? Who made her settings for that ring and pendant?

Hi Gypsy, thankyou!
WF made her custom pendant, which is a killer piece.
And I believe she just bought the ring locally and couldn''t recall where.
Here ya go

pendant

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 6:15:04 AM
Author: pwendyp
hi there arjunajane
35.gif

I just love the ideas you have, and have looked at Sally's work before - she does some gorgeous designs!

I wanted to ask - where the ring came from that you posted about? It is stunning! I've attached it here so you can see which one I mean. Getting a mix of the JM, LIB's beautiful ruby ring and this one, will be awesome.

I'd love love love to look at the ring I'm asking about, is it one of Sally's?

many many thanks in advance!

Wendy

1.gif

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for your comments.
That ring is actually made by Caleb Meyer , who is James Meyer's son and makes very similiar stuff - perhaps a touch more modern. Go check out the site, he has a ton of items on there to ogle.

Do you have a project in mind? spill!

and here is the link to that ring

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 3:10:13 AM
pic..
What a beautiful set. Simple and classy - very much the same style that I like. It''s wearable on all occasions.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
hi again aj!

Thanks for replying so quickly!

I had a feeling that ring was in the realms of JM - it truly is beautiful.

I have a fair clutch of stones that need to be set, that I've been buying and squirreling away - but circumstances have not been good financially over the past year - so it's all been on hold.

Happy to say that things are on the up again, so hopefully I'll be getting my stones set between now and Christmas

A just under 1ct mine cut diamond - a little included - but she has soul! Very clear and firey - she just doesn't photograph well!
A large trillion amethyst - cut by Gary at Finewater Gems (12mm) - see avatar!
A matched set of amethysts from Gary Dutton - truly gorgeous concave cuts (3 stones - 8mm + 2 x 6mm)
A pair of beautiful white topaz - also from Gary Dutton
An amazing white (tiny hint of champagne/yellow) zircon oval - cut by Gene at Precision Gems (9x7mm) - this stone is 'alive' with fire - totally gorgeous!
A gorgeous green tourmaline - cut by Richard Homer (step cut 7x7mm)
A trillion danburite (7x7mm)
Trillion green amethyst (8x8mm) - both the above 2 from artcutgems
A mid blue colour change sapphire (just on 5mm round) from Dan Stair

I think that's all!!

I have 2 guys in mind (both here in the UK) for the setting of these stones - and likely will go with just one of them. His work is gorgeous and he does his pieces in all metals. I'm going with a mix of silver, white gold and as deep a rose/red gold as he can get for me, perhaps a little yellow too - a bezel or two maybe!

Loads of ideas kept on file, and a zillion pictures...all I need is the money now!

oh - I have a very pretty set of 20 (3mm's) green sapphires, that truly are stunning. So much sparkle, and very nicely cut. I've had these for a couple of years now, and so want them put into a necklace...but unsure of design as yet. Perhaps a DBTY kind of idea.

And last but not least, a cab sapphire and diamond ring, that I am going to get remodelled...maybe!

I've nothing of note in red/pink/orange...but hoping to get something with 'fire' this year. Perhaps spinel or a juicy garnet...

we shall see!

31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 8:09:05 AM
Author: Chrono
Date: 2/5/2009 3:10:13 AM

pic..
What a beautiful set. Simple and classy - very much the same style that I like. It''s wearable on all occasions.

Isn''t it Chrono? She really does have stunning things..It''s a shame I cannot work with her on this one
7.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow Wendy, you certainly have been busy !
Thankyou for telling me all of that, sounds like you have a great collection..

I'm happy for you that things are going better financially - do you intend to set all those stones this year? How exciting
36.gif

Do you think you would have something similiar to that ring made?
I think a green sapphire dbty would be incredible - you must do it so we all can ogle, please!! lol

Can't wait to see what you do throughout the year.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results