shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 19th Jan till 25th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

So my dog is still sick from the infamous pot roast night. I''m going to skip breakfast for her tomorrow and get some bland diet at the vet. I need to schedule her in for a lepto shot anyway, hopefully I can get that this weekend or this week. She had 2 accidents in the house.

No yoga tonight. I went out to dinner with my sister instead. We picked up our skis from REI and then hit a french restaurant by her house. It was very cute, very French feeling (ambiance and menu) and very reasonably priced. A little loud, but perhaps if we go earlier in the week (Tues/Weds) it''d be quieter. I came home and James was in a TERRIBLE mood! He started snapping at me and the dog (she had her 2nd accident by then), so I quickly turned around and walked out the door with her. He cooled off some by the time we got back.

Apple, sounds like you had a great workout. Have you tried that new yoga place yet?

Dragon, depending on where you live, 5K season should be starting up soon. James just signed up for an 8K in Chicago in April (a pretty popular one), and he said the spots are already filling up for it!

ILuv, GREAT job on the run!!! I wish it was warm enough here
7.gif
Enjoy it for us in the colder regions of the world!

Rod, hope you had a good work out.

Marcy, how''s Grandma? Maybe you can get some help from a home-nurse for the weekend while you''re on your own? I don''t know what they cost or whatever, but I''m sure it''d help. Sorry about the grape juice, but hooray for being at the pre-sodium buffet weight.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hiya!

Rod, perhaps you and I can commit to running a 5K simultaneously (same weekend or something) this spring? It could be good motivation for both of us. And I''d happily loan you John for a few days, but then I''d want him back, I''d miss him.

Marcy, I''m so sorry about Marty''s grandma. I well remember the days of dealing with John''s mom, it can be trying. My best to her and you as you navigate through this.

Crown, I miss you! Hope all is well.

Lliang, too bad dogs don''t have good memories, your pup would remember never to eat your roast again!

Zoe, AZ is a beautiful place. I don''t think I''d do well with so much heat but it''s a great place to visit.

We had wheat pasta w/ red sauce and salad for dinner last night. No exercise for me yesterday, but if it doesn''t rain today I''m going for a hike with a friend after work. Otherwise I''ll have coffee with her and hit the gym. I''m cooking tonight, not sure what yet.

Have a great day!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hi ya''ll!
35.gif

Weather has turned rather unpleasant (-20 C), so there will be none of that outdoor activity that I saw early in the week. I can run outdoors, amongst the nsowpiles, when it is 60 (F) but I draw the line there...... Have been doing imy indoor routine.

Sorry about your Grandmother, Marcy. Take care everyone!

cheers--Sharon

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I couldn''t fit in the gym on Wed., as I worked well into the evening
14.gif
However, I caught up yesterday and was able to get home early, go grocery shopping, make dinner and go to the gym! We had hot dogs, chili and salad last night. Sounds bad but it actually wasn''t! I convinced FI to get whole wheat buns and turkey dogs. I wasn''t sure about the turkey dogs but they were tasty! They''re made from smoked turkey breast and were 45 calories for a bun-length dog. HUGE improvement over the dogs he originally had in his hand, which were over 200 calories a pop! The chili wasn''t the healtiest but I only had half a cup and at least there were loads of beans in it. Gosh, it was GOOD... so spicy and flavorful. With a small salad, the dinner came in around 450 calories. Pretty good for a "bad" meal, huh?

Zoe, good to see you back! It''s okay, everyone falls off the wagon sometimes. There''s always an opportunity to pick yourself up and get back on! Thank you for the compliment on my ering.

ILE, you sound like you''re doing great! I like circuit training too, keeps me from getting bored. Where are you getting married? I''m also looking for a site. I can plan parties but am not so much into planning a wedding.

Kim, hope you get to go on your hike today!

Hi Skippy! Glad you dropped in and that you''re doing well. Hope you''re enjoying your time with your nephew!

Steph, busy day! Hope you''re doing well.

Rod, YAY for your uber workout! Sorry this has been a frustrating work week. At least it''s over! Thanks for the article. So true about how eating out can do a number on one''s diet! I didn''t eat out once this week and stayed within my calorie range. We''re going out tonight but we''re having sushi so at least it won''t be so bad.

Lliang, your meals have been sounding so tasty! Sorry your pooch isn''t feeling so good. Whenever my dog was sick, I fed her boiled chicken and rice. Super bland and always did the trick. I''m glad you enjoyed the french restaurant. Sorry James was in a bad mood after you got home.

Marcy, sorry to hear about Marty''s grandma. How is she doing? Oy, hope Marty''s back feels better soon. Sorry about the grape juice incident. Lots of happenings for you this week! YAY for losing another pound!

Apple, your wine tasting sounded fun! YAY for 4 workout days out of 5!

Dragonfly, sorry things have been crazy and that you battling a fever blister. Wish I had some advice but I''ve never had one before. Glad to hear you''re feeling satisfied with your body and getting excited about swimsuit season!

Crown, sorry for your sore knee. Hope it feels better soon!

Sharon, sorry about the unpleasant weather. Hope it warms up soon so you can get outside!

Hope everyone''s doing well. Have a great weekend!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Dragon, I forgot to comment on your fever blister question. I found that caking the blister with ground turmeric helps. Turmeric is a natural drying agent and has salving qualities so it usually cleared up my blisters much faster than the drug store medicine. It''s SUPER bright yellow though and stains easily, so I''d suggest you do it while you''re doing something awake like watching TV or making dinner.

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Hey Guys, HAPPY FRIDAY!! WOHOO!!!

Teacher planning day for me today, but I got absolutely nothing on my list accomplished because we had a 3.5 hour cheer practice at a local gym to get ready for competition tomorrow. We head out for Daytona tomorrow @ 7am. GRR....oh well. I''m hoping it will be somewhat fun. Came home after a Dr. apt and ran sprints on the treadmill for 40 minutes. 1 min @ a light jog, then 1min @ an all out sprint. Repeat for 40 mins. It''s supposed to help improve my overall speed...here''s hoping. Not sure if I''ll get a workout in tomorrow...but I''m heading to spinning and weight class Sunday @ the Y...so that will make 5 days this week for me. :) :)

Kimberly- Hope you got your hike in!!

Canuk-gal -20 C?? DANG!! That is way too darn cold for me! Yay for you sticking to your indoor workouts.

Rod- a 3 hour workout after such a long day?? I give you props. What is your gym routine??

Panda- Yum, I love turkey dogs too. :) I am getting married April 5th in Key West on the beach. It''s just going to be myself and my FI so we are trying to plan a casual party up here in N. FL. So far I''m not coming up with much. I understand what you mean about the planning...apparently I don''t like it much either.

Crown- Sorry to hear about your knee hope it gets better soon!!

Marcy- how is grandma?? So sorry to hear about your stressful week, but yea for you for staying on track and losing another pound!!

Llang- yum for a French restaurant.... :)

I hope everyone has a great Friday. I''ll pop in Sunday after I get back from the competition. Enjoy the first part of the weekend all.

:)ILE

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ilove and lliang, I didn''t get to hike, we were afraid it would be muddy, but we did go for an hour long walk and I went to the gym before meeting my friend and walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes, so lots of good cardio today. We''re going to make it a Friday date to get together, I really enjoy her company and miss working with her, so this will be a great way to kill two birds with one stone.

We''re having fish for dinner, yum!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
TGIF.
36.gif
Grandma seems a little better tonight.I appreciate all of you thinking of her. They are moving her to a nursing home on Monday. We had enough snow to make it nasty here today but not much more than ice and ground cover.
CrownJewel, good for you swimming so much.Rats for hurting your knee snowboarding.I hope it feels better for your lesson tomorrow.It’s good to hear from you.
Lliang, I am so sorry to hear your dog is still sick.We had a friend who got a box of goodies from his mom for Christmas and had it under the tree.One of their dogs tore it open and ate it all – fudge, cookies, bread, etc and was really sick for days.Good idea to maybe get some help with grandma for awhile.
Kimi, I am sure we have trying days ahead with grandma as well.I think what worries me the most is my in-laws maybe thinking I am not doing enough for her.Marty is leaving tomorrow and will be back the following Sunday so I’ll just try to do the best I can.She’ll have her needs taken care of by the nursing home but she is going to want some things from her home and I don’t know where she keeps things at all.Glad to hear you spent some time catching up with your friend.
Sharon, I’d stay inside too.We have some chilly and snow days forecast through Monday.
Panda, your 450 calorie meal sounds pretty good.Yes, it has been a busy week for me.I just found some more grape juice on the refrigerator.
Marty’s back is not doing well.He still plans on playing golf on Sunday though.
ILuvEmeralds, good luck on your new program to increase your speed.I hope you guys do well in the competition this weekend.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, from still too chlly (at least for this guy) Tampa.........It was a long day at work. I didn''t leave till well after 6 tonight, then I met Charlie and two of our neighbors at favorite sushi place #1 for dinner. Now, we''re home with Sakai glued to us. Charlie''s working tomorrow during the day. Tomorrow also kicks off the annual Gasparila series of events, with the Childrens parade in the early afternoon. It means thousands and thousands of people directly in front of our condo, and traffic just atrocious. I won''t even be able to park anywhere near the gym, so the gym''s likely out for tomorrow. I think I''m going to fix a nice home cooked pot roast (no dog in our house to try to eat it........!) for dinner tomorrow night. We want to be home tomorrow night, because At 7 PM, they''re having the annual fireworks display right on the water off our balcony and it''s actually paid for by a major corporation, so it''s a really really fantastic display.

I''m sorry you''re stressed Marcy. Sounds like the grapejuice explosion created quite a mess. Poor Marty having to travel when he''s not feeling well. I hope you''ll be OK on your own this coming week. I''m glad Marty''s grandmother is doing better. I hope going to a nursing home doesn''t depress her.

Hey there Crown!! It''s nice to see you and to know you''re still swimming and being good. I''m glad you had fun snowboarding, but sorry it hurt your knee. Please pop back in more often, OK?

lliang, I''m sorry your dog is still not doing well after eating raw pot roast. A guy I work with was out yesterday with is dog, who got sick after eating some trash comprised of food that had been in the back of his refrigerator waaaaaaay too long.

Kimberly, I think that''s a great idea and would be good motivation. Please let me know when John''s being loaned out and I suppose we''ll give him back........LOL, but you might have to come get him personally!

Oh my Sharon........that''s just too cold. And I''ve been complaining about it being in the 30''s (we did have frost last night) down here........brrrrrrrrrr Stay warm!

Hey panda........I hope you enjoyed your sushi as much as we enjoyed ours. I''ve had turkey hot dogs before, but I haven''t had a hot dog of any kind in a looooong loooooon time.

Good you doing sprints on the treadmill ILE!! My gym workouts are pretty long, but they make me feel so good. I always start with core strength training that last about 1/2 hour. Then, I begin my real workout, legs first, theh my upper body wish is comprised of pushups, unassisted dips/chinups, several machines and free weights. This take me up to 2 hours to get through, then I end every workout with 30 intense minutes on the elliptical.

Tomorrow''s Saturday and that means I can sleep in......YAYAY!! Sleep well everyone!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

Hope you have all had a good week. Sorry I have been quiet this week. Been working late a lot over the last few days so not really spending much time online as I have been so tired and headache.

I am still tracking religiously though this week I have probably been eating a lot of the wrong things...despye the fact that they have been tracked. I do feel as though I have eaten sloppily.

I will be eating much more healthily next week as I expect the scales will prove to me that this week was a bit wonky to say the least.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2009 7:40:30 AM
Author: merrymunky
Hi all!

Hope you have all had a good week. Sorry I have been quiet this week. Been working late a lot over the last few days so not really spending much time online as I have been so tired and headache.

I am still tracking religiously though this week I have probably been eating a lot of the wrong things...despye the fact that they have been tracked. I do feel as though I have eaten sloppily.

I will be eating much more healthily next week as I expect the scales will prove to me that this week was a bit wonky to say the least.
Keep going Merry!

Hi all! Its been cold here again ( no ice or snow though) but too cold to get into my little gym, eating is going okay though.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Panda, thank you for hopeful hike wishes too, I missed ya somehow.

Rod, I''m going to look into upcoming 5Ks in my area and yours over the weekend to see if any match up.

Merry, hooray for tracking, baby steps, my friend. You''ll get there.

I''m sore today, pulled a muscle at the back of my leg, so I think I''ll be taking the day off. I''ve lost about a lb. of the weight I gained, finally. I think we''ll do dinner and a movie or something today.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Did circuit training and elliptical yesterday and an hour on the elliptical this morning. I came home and had a strawberry protein shake after my workout and it really helped with the hunger. Anyway, talk to you guys later!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I slept late....YAY! Charlie had to get up early and be at work by 8 this morning. I didn''t really do much today. It was just crazy around here, with the parade. Traffic was just horrendous, and it was hard to get anywhere. I was able to take side streets to get away from the crowds and had my car washed. I parked at the grocery store and walked to Panera to have a bowl of soup at Panera for lunch, then a cup of coffee under the oak and I walked back to the store to get everything I needed to make a potroast for dinner. It took me nearly 45 minutes to drive home from the grocery store, a mere 3 miles from our condo. It was a parking lot every way I turned. Dinner''s ready and Charlie''s on his way home, but he called and said that now that the parade is over, everyone''s clogging the roads to get back home. So, it will likely take him a long time to get home (again just 3 miles). Plus, at 7 PM, they''re having the fireworks display, so that means the roads will be clogged till late tonight. Once Charlie get''s home, neither of us will go out. No Sbucks tonight, that''s for sure.

Charlie''s off tomorrow, so we''ll have a regular Sunday. We''ll go to the gym tomorrow afternoon.

I hope everyone''s enjoying their Saturday.

Hey Merry! Good for you continuing to track everything!

I''m sorry it''s too cold to use your gym Lorelei! It''s been cold here too, but obviously not anything like what you''ve been experiencing.

I''m sorry you pulled a muscle Kimberly and I hope it feels better quickly. Thanks for checking on 5Ks for us!

Hey Steph.........You''re doing really great with the workouts! I often have a chocolate protein shake after a workout.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

I actually made it to morning yoga. My sis missed the class but it was fun. I went to her house after and hung out with her and the dog. She''s taking care of the sick pooch for today, I''m picking her up tomorrow AM.

James and I are going to catch a movie & dinner out sometime. He''s kinda dragging. But I think he''ll make it out.

Gotta cut this short, heading out the door, but I''ll sign back in tomorrow AM.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
Well Marty is out of town for awhile so I amused myself eating some bad things
11.gif
, doing our taxes
14.gif
and watching some movies.
1.gif
Tomorrow is going to be long and boring but I am staying home since we are expecting 8” of snow.I think I had a junk food tantrum all day. From noon till 9 pm I ate chicken nuggets at the mall, had a small batch of lightly buttered popcorn with a coke and a few pieces of chocolate, ate a piece of gingerbread and made some cinnamon bread and had a warm piece of that.The only meal I really ate was breakfast. Mmm, I don’t feel too well right now either but I know why.We owe about $600 in taxes.Rats.Marty forgot both his phone charger and car charger so his phone will be dead by tomorrow.Double Rats.
I picked up some new running shoes today and will try them out on the treadmill tomorrow.They are the same brand and style I already wear so they shouldn’t require any break in period.
Rod, the fireworks display sounds marvelous and it sounds like today was a good day to stay home.The cinnamon bread mix I made tonight called for club soda which pretty much sprayed everywhere when I opened it.My floor is sure getting a lot of attention this week.I will take ½ of the bread over to my parent’s house tomorrow which leaves me a piece for my morning break every day this week.Marty’s grandma was pretty quiet and blue today.I feel so bad for her.
Merry, yay for tracking your food even though work has been tough. I hope you rested up this weekend.
Lorelei, at least we are getting some pretty snow with our cold.It’s snowing pretty steadily out there right now.I hope it warms up soon so you can use your gym.
Kimi, I hope your leg feels better.Congratulations for losing a pound.
36.gif

Steph, your strawberry shake sounds good.
Lliang, I hope you enjoyed dinner and the movie tonight.
Sleep well!
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning.

So, Rod, I''m having no luck finding races for us to run the same weekend. There''s a 5K in SD scheduled for 3/28 that benefits NFAR (an autism org) that I think I''ll sign up for. Perhaps you can look at your gym or something and see if there''s a race you can run that same weekend?

J and I are going for a walk in a few. I''m making something for dinner tonight. We saw Gran Torino yesterday and went out to dinner. It was a nice day.

Have a good one, all.

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

Just poppin in to say hello to everyone quickly. Got back from the cheer competition late yesterday...but I''m happy to say for the girls that we won FIRST PLACE!! :) Slept most of this morning away and I''m fighting some type of cold today, so I never made it to spinning, which makes me kind of bummed. However, I can''t afford to be sick next week, so we''ll just have to deal.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday. We''re making low fat Chicken alfredo with brocoli for dinner, and I think I''m going to go to bed early to try to fight this thing off.

See y''all in next week''s thread.
:)ILE

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just completed my 5th day of exercise for the week with my walk/jog routine around the neighborhood.

For dinner tonight I''m making a healthy style burrito from Feb Southern Living. If its yummy then I''ll post the recipe.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday.We have about 5 inches of snow on the ground and it’s 5 degrees outside right now.Fun!I ventured out to see grandma about noon.
My students must all be home today too because I’ve had a lot of papers turned in so far.They usually roll in late Sunday night.
I just finished watching the National Geographic special on Air Force One.It was very interesting.Now they are having a special on Marine One.
Kimi, glad you enjoyed dinner and a movie.I am glad you guys were able to get in a nice walk today.
ILuvEmeralds, congratulations for the girls winning the competition.I hope a good night of sleep helps keep your cold to a minimum.
Appletini, congratulations for day 5 of exercise.

Laters,

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......Today didn't rurn out quite as planned, but it was a nice day and one in which we simply relaxed and didn't do much of anything, including NOT worling out. It was simply too beautiful outside to do anything but enjoy being outside and relaxing. Plus, Charlie was feeling a bit tired, so we wound up going to an open house at a new condo building, which was kind of fun. We liked the condo's, but they sure don't have a view like we currently have. Still, if our place ever sells, these would be an option for us. At least the prices were right and thye were pretty cool. Otherwise, we had lunch at Panera, then we just wound up sitting under the oak at Sbucks and visiting with people. We actually left to go to the gym, but then we just decided maybe a break wouldn't be so bad, so we just went grocery shopping and came home and relaxed the rest of the afternoon. Dinner was baked salmon and steamed veggies, followed by decaf coffee from Sbucks and we split a piece of low fat blueberry coffee cake. Tomorrow starts a new week, ugh.........At least tomorrow night's a sushi night at favorite sushi place #2. BTW., last night we wound up watching Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day, starring Frances McDormand. It was really a cute movie.

Hope you enjoyed dinner and the movie lliang.

Oh my to 5" of snow and such cold temps Marcy. I'm sorry Marty forgot his phone charger and that you owe taxes. I'm sorry Marty's grandmother was depressed. It's got to be difficult for her at this point in her life. Rather interesting food choices you made today!! LOL

I'll have to see if the're a 5K that weekend Kimberly. Thanks for checking though.........

Yay for 1st place ILE!!

And a super Yay for completing your 5gth day of exercise for this week apple!

I hope everyone had a great Sunday and the week ahead is good.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, I am glad you had a nice, relaxing day.My food choices did have some “methods to my madness” behind them.I love chicken nuggets but rarely eat them so decided they’d be great for lunch since I was at the mall.I also picked up a few pieces of chocolate covered orange sticks to save for later in the day.My folks stopped by in the afternoon so I offered to make my dad coffee and we all finished off the gingerbread I had left in the frig.Then I decided to watch a movie and naturally popcorn comes to mind so I made popcorn and ate my chocolate orange sticks with that and had coke with the popcorn.After the movie I decided I should get the cinnamon bread made so I could return the bread pan to my mom (I borrowed it 2 weeks ago from her).Naturally you have to eat a piece of freshly baked bread.So it took me all day to come up with such a weird and variety of food.I did better today but I am glad to go back to work tomorrow as I am more diligent during the week. I know nerves are getting the best of me this week too.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, how''s grandma doing?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, grandma was better today. She was setting up and talking. She still seems confused. I don''t know when they are moving her yet.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

A quick Monday morning update before I head out to work.

Lost another 2lbs this week.

YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results