shape
carat
color
clarity

Sosa "Cork in bat"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Who thinks he grabbed the wrong bat ?

He has a bat that is banned (it has cork in it) he uses it to excite the crowd during warm up hitting the long ball. During the game his bat broke and they discovered his bat that he was using had the cork in it.

I think he has used it before , blow it off as a common mistake if caught.

Just my two cents

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/4/2003 12
6.gif
0:19 PM Iceman wrote:

I think he has used it before , blow it off as a common mistake if caught.

Just my two cents

----------------

I'll wait until they examine his other bats. Sure is coincidental though. He grabs the wrong bat w/ two men on base & just when he makes that *one* mistake -the bat cracks.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
They wont find any more then the one. It should not be there in the first place. It will be a hard one to prove. It will always cast a doubt with some people. Time will tell.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Like I said out of the 76 bats they didnt find anything wrong with them.

The point Im trying to make here ~

The thing is, they know which bats are which, and every player is in charge of his own bats. You take them out for batting practice, and you bring the ones out to the dougout for the games. I dont see how that got confused unless he's letting someone else take care of his bats?

The bad thing thing is to have a bat like that laying around. You've got to take care of something like that like you talke care of your glove. You have to write CORK on the andle inbig letters or something like that. You have to make sure its not coming back to the rack.

As for trying to thrill the fans by using a corked bat during batting practice. Heck, if you want to thrill the fans why not use an aluminum bat!

Sammy as far as Im concerned has no credibility with me.

There has been cheaters in baseball since creation.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
In his defense, he doesn't need the corked bat. His homers are *way* over the fence.

I love baseball. My heart breaks when things like this happens.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Iceman!
wavey.gif

My son is a Little League player and is a baseball FANATIC. He can rattle off statistics of the major league better than the commentators.
rolleyes.gif
Needless to say this was disappointing to him.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
As you can tell Im a Cards Fan
1.gif

Sosa3.jpg

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Brought to you by the national Cork Council
1.gif

Sosa 2.jpg

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
This was the best one

As if merely being a Cub was not Disgrace enough
1.gif

Sosa1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results