shape
carat
color
clarity

Why does everyone seem appalled...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, people should really find better things to be appalled at! Those shoes are gorgeous and will be perfect with your dress!

I'm wearing silver shoes with giant gems on them...and they'll show because my dress is short in the front! If they weren't going to show so much I would have worn a fun bright color or maybe a pair of my Marc by Marc mouse flats!

ETA I can't believe your friend isn't going to do the rainbow dresses! I thought about doing that, but I only have 3 bridesmaids so the effect wouldn't have been the same!

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I think people are scared of color. If it doesn''t "match" they don''t like it. I had trouble with people when I said the ties were going to be a totally different color than the BM dresses... I don''t care, I''m doing it anyway. I want it to be fun! Your shoes are beautiful... so stick with it!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
I say wear whatever makes YOU feel fantastic! I wore red stilettos for our wedding and everyone thought I was nuts, but I absolutely LOVED them!
(p.s.- I think the gold ones you chose are fabulous!)

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Those people need to go into their closests and through out every square inch of color they own because clearly they are living in a bland bland world of white and black.

Your shoes will be very classy with your gown, they must be imagining orangy gold sequins with pearls or something atrocious. NOT your shoes.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I wore gold shoes for the same reason! Go for it!!

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
OMG I can totally relate! I went to a bridal salon today to purchase my wedding shoes. (dress fitting in one week). The stupid ladies that work there told me that Pink shoes are stupid and I should dye shoes to match my gown! I could not believe it b/c I was going to purchase overpriced shoes at their dingy bridal salon (my bridal salon does not sell shoes) and they totally made me feel ridiculous and put me down. So I walked the heck out and I am going to try again somewhere else tomorrow.

I am a very classic and simple girl, and I still want pink shoes. I asked my mom if I was wrong for wanting pink and she said no way! She said that since I am sometimes a little funky (I always wear fun heels - mainly from jcrew) its only fitting that I wear fun shoes for my wedding. And she knows it will make me feel good inside and special on my big day b/c I am wearing great shoes!

I am sharing this b/c I know how you feel and don''t let it get you down. You wear those gold shoes and rock them on your wedding day!!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I say go for the gold!!!

I''m not planning on having true wedding shoes because I''ll be getting married barefoot. ;-) I do want to find a comfy pair to wear to dinner afterwards so now I''m on the hunt, too. No boring white shoes here!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
how much do I love this site?? answer: so much. you girls are so funny.

Haven: I am so with you on the etiquette stuff. If nothing else, I am really trying to be etiquette savvy (mostly by asking you what to do in cases where I''m confused!) to avoid hurting people''s feelings or being an ungratious host, but I don''t feel the need to be traditional in a lot of ways that I don''t think matter (for instance, I would love for my friends--even my male friend and brother--to be on my side during the ceremony, whereas my FI is insisting that we have boys on one side and girls on the other because "that''s how it''s done." so silly, but y''know, compromise is the key here). I always do appreciate your $.02, Haven, dear, especially when you are talkin'' etiquette!! you sure know your stuff!

thing2of2: your FABULOUS dress will be absolutely GORGEOUS with giant-gem-shoes! I can''t wait to see what you decide...you are going to be SUCH a chic bride
10.gif
(hehe, and I love those adorable mouse flats...they always crack me up when I see them!)

musiny: good for you! you stick your guns, missy!

natalina: I love love love red shoes--and what could make a girl feel more fabulous on her wedding day that a sexy pair of those under her gown? Since I''m not terribly into lingerie, I can''t think of a thing, haha
2.gif

mayachel: yay, I''m so glad you agree!

october2008bride: I absolutely loved the look you achieved for your wedding, so I''m very glad that you approve
36.gif

LauraBabe08: I am also very classic and simple--I can''t believe how dumb people are to speak that way to you. I''m sorry you went through that--so unnecessary and silly on their part. You know I''m rockin it, girl!

EricaR: goin for the gold! Love it! But I loooove the idea of going barefoot for your wedding--I once saw photographs of a bride who just had jewels on the tops of her feet...so beautiful!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I think I''m going to wear gold shoes. It''s too hard to match shoes to an off-white dress. The only person I''ve spoken to about it is my mom, but she thinks it''s a good idea. Want her phone number?
2.gif

I was actually a little surprised that she got on board with the gold shoes because she is a very matchy-matchy person and pretty traditional. But Ive gotten a lot of emails from her with links to Zappos, so...

I''d think gold shoes wouldn''t be that shocking. It''s a neutral color and metallics have been very common in accessories the last couple of years. Anyway, I wholeheartedly approve.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, alli, I''m happy to help.
And I don''t really know much of anything. I just have great resources!

I forgot to mention that I love gold shoes with wedding gowns, by the way. I think they''ll look just perfect.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 5:22:12 PM
Author: musey
See? People do brights, too!!

Neatfreak''s gorgeous bright wedding shoes:

stairswedding.jpg

(NF I hope you don''t mind my re-posting your pic)
6.gif
6.gif

I demand to see NF''s wedding thread!!!

As for colored shoes...I never knew brides did that until PS to be honest and I absolutely love the idea.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 1:01:17 PM
Author: fieryred33143

stairswedding.jpg

6.gif
6.gif

As for colored shoes...I never knew brides did that until PS to be honest and I absolutely love the idea.
Sorry for the threadjack Alli. Fiery here is my thread: http://www.pricescope.com/forum/op-requested/back-from-my-wedding-in-san-francisco-with-pics-t70808.html

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 1:07:06 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 1/16/2009 1:01:17 PM
Author: fieryred33143

stairswedding.jpg

6.gif
6.gif

Sorry for the threadjack Alli. Fiery here is my thread: http://www.pricescope.com/forum/op-requested/back-from-my-wedding-in-san-francisco-with-pics-t70808.html
Yes sorry Alli!

Gorgeous photos Neat!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to figure out why "everyone" even knows about your shoes? Wear what you like and keep it a secret until you walk down the isle!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
ohhh, you never need to apologize to link to those gorgeous photos! So beautiful!

swingirl: I hear ya--and I certainly don''t have my heart set on those particular shoes...I just was talking with my mom about shoes, and she mentioned it to a friend or two...and they all thought it was terrible...so I asked a couple of other friends of mine to see what they thought, and they agreed...
that''s all!

it''s not like any of this actually bothers me--it''s just funny, that''s all!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 1:43:15 PM
Author: alli_esq
ohhh, you never need to apologize to link to those gorgeous photos! So beautiful!

swingirl: I hear ya--and I certainly don't have my heart set on those particular shoes...I just was talking with my mom about shoes, and she mentioned it to a friend or two...and they all thought it was terrible...so I asked a couple of other friends of mine to see what they thought, and they agreed...

that's all!

it's not like any of this actually bothers me--it's just funny, that's all!
Well, for heaven's sake, don't tell them about your under garments or they'll be giving opinions about that too!!!

Didn't some famous actress wear sneakers under her wedding gown because she wanted to be comfortable??

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 5:09:16 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
IMHO...white is boring. Mine are purple! I didn''t ask for anyones opinions because I didn''t want to have to defend my choice.

Any chance I could see those or any purple suggestions?? I am looking for purple too. Not to threadjack, sorry.

People seemed kind of thrown when I told them that''s what I wanted too... good thing it''s not any of their business. My wedding therefore my shoe choice. haha
You want gold- you do it!
9.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 1:52:46 PM
Author: Livinthedream

Date: 1/15/2009 5:09:16 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
IMHO...white is boring. Mine are purple! I didn''t ask for anyones opinions because I didn''t want to have to defend my choice.

Any chance I could see those or any purple suggestions?? I am looking for purple too. Not to threadjack, sorry.

People seemed kind of thrown when I told them that''s what I wanted too... good thing it''s not any of their business. My wedding therefore my shoe choice. haha
You want gold- you do it!
9.gif
I''ll see if I can find a pic for you. They are miu miu... Hold on.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore pale gold and silver shoes and no one noticed. Or at least they didn''t make any comments.

Pretty shoes!

julabean

Shiny_Rock
I wore gold sandals for my wedding, too. I had a few people think it was kind of weird, but I wear these sandals at least once a week in the summer, and every time I think about our wedding day! I love having them around.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
My mom and sister bothered me for 3 months leading up to my wedding about my Tiffany blue ballet flats. It certainly made me resent them, and the wedding that they wouldn''t just leave it and me alone.

Wear what you want, and don''t ask anyone''s opinion, or even show them your shoes if you feel they are the type of people to push their opinion on you. If you wear something else because you''re afraid of people not liking it, you''ll really regret it.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I think they look great! Heck, my SIL (brother''s wife) wore fluffy white slippers at her wedding... Who cares about your footwear anyway (apart from yourself of course)?
28.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I actually bought a pair of gold heels to wear for my wedding... and still might wear them. They were my backups because I could not find a pair of copper shoes that I liked to save my life. I finally found them on Zappos. But I love a gold shoe!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Alli, gold heels are going to look fab. They will look so festive with your beautiful dress (which you look amazing in, might I add!).

Do not listen to those silly old ladies! I am not saying a word about my (hopefully) purple shoes (hey EM1!) to my grandmother ''cause I know she''ll pretty much keel over. She probably won''t notice anything''s amiss at the wedding since half the time she doesn''t wear her glasses. Same darling grandma told me at my cousin''s recent wedding that my dark purple bridesmaid''s dress was just not right for my complexion and that I should have chosen a lighter color because I''m young. Huh? I just smiled and told her, "Next time." I don''t think she understands that the bridesmaids do not generally choose the color of their gowns, but I still definitely won''t be informing her that my bridesmaids are wearing dark purple as well.

If I had a dollar for every time my grandmother, my aunt, or their friends were appalled by some choice I made, fashion or otherwise, I''d be outfitting all my bridesmaids with Manolos and Chanel clutches.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 7:23:18 PM
Author: alli_esq
omg, Freke! whenever you have time--really. it''s obviously NOOOOooooo rush (if you can even find time at all--I know you''re so busy yourself!)...teehee...

but coyly....hehehe

Color: gold, I think (soft, like the ones I showed ya)
Size: 6.5-7.5 (usually right about 7)
Heel height: 2+ inches (preferably more like 3)
Heel style: stiletto
Style of shoe: prefer open toe/peep-toe, but I''m open to closed too
Season of wedding: Late autumn
Dress: (POB Vineyard Collection Maeve--pic attached)
Anything you don''t want: no chunkiness; if there is a platform, keep it small
Preferred brands: comfortable ones :)
Budget: around $200, but I''m a little flexible
3.gif

I''m not getting married until November, so really, it''s NOOOOO rush
35.gif
Ok well here are a few that I happened to find while poking around a little bit. Many of the gold shoes are on sale, but I have a feeling that many more will be coming out soon for spring and summer. I''m going to keep looking (I think my eyes have just moved over some that might work) just not tonight because I''m tired.

Kenneth Cole REACTION $49 (a little bit chunky, but not too terribly bad)

Butter $119 (not in your size though, I''m going to try to poke around a little and see if I can find them somewhere else)

Woot! Found them on Amazon for $64!!!!

Anne Klein mirror gold slingback peep $235

Hmmm...I''m going to stop for now. My eyes are starting to cross.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I love those shoes! They are exactly the style I am looking for.

It''s funny how other people react. I went to a bridal expo today with my Mum and she nearly had heart failure when I told a vendor I was considering blue shoes - Mum turned around and told the guy, no she won''t be! WTH?!
23.gif
I am yet to figure out if she was joking or not?!

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
First of all, on the rainbow bridesmaids and VENDORS making comments.. I'd find new vendors.
29.gif
I'm kind of vengeful, though. I think a rainbow of bridesmaids would certainly look lovely if it fits the bride's personality.

Anyway.

I got a ton of comments from people about things they didn't think they'd like. We had black invitations with silver lettering... and when I told some of our family members about it, they just about died. "BLACK invitations for a WEDDING?!" (Also about the bridesmaids in black - "it's going to look like a funeral procession with the ENTIRE WEDDING PARTY in black!!")

I also had a Swarovski rhinestone-covered initial cake topper. Not only was my mother APPALLED by the fact that I wasn't using a BRIDE AND GROOM topper, but everyone insisted that a "glitzy" cake topper would be totally tacky.

In the end, I did all of these things (and many others) anyway... and people were floored when they received their invitations - I got eight phonecalls in one day, NOT to RSVP, but to tell me how beautiful the invites were. The wedding party didnt end up looking like a funeral procession - and in fact, just made me and my white gown stand out brilliantly in photos. Then at the wedding, everyone - even my mother - thought the topper was the perfect finishing touch to the cake (and it sure sparkles in photos.)

So I say, to hell with them! Wear your gold shoes! I think it's cute, especially if gold is an accent color for you. Be comfortable, feel beautiful and be happy on your big day!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Even Stacy and Clinton want you to wear metallic shoes.

See?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results