shape
carat
color
clarity

Music to exercise to -- what''s in your earbuds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Any suggestions for high energy songs/cds? I just bought an iPod and I can''t wait to start buying music. I have a list going, but wanted to see if anyone has anything great to add to it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too bad you weren''t here a week later or I would have given you the 4 CD set of 70s hits that the HH got me for my birthday!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Dee, it is too bad. Who doesn''t love a little 70''s music?

Skip, I shoulda known someone had started a thread about this. Silly me for not doing a search. Thanks for the tip.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, Marty is a music fiend so I was able to load up my nano from his library. He gets a lot of CD''s off ebay for very reasonable prices. I like a lot of the 80''s music. Have fun building your library.
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 1:05:03 AM
Author: marcyc
Kimi, Marty is a music fiend so I was able to load up my nano from his library. He gets a lot of CD''s off ebay for very reasonable prices. I like a lot of the 80''s music. Have fun building your library.
9.gif
Thanks, Marcy, it''s been fun so far!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had to pop in and say that today the HH got me the three CD set of "Classic 80s Gotta Have Hits" from Costco. Katrina and the Waves, anyone?
9.gif

(Kimi, seriously, say the word and all these CDs are on their way to you via Fed Ex!!!
2.gif
)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 9:11:43 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
I just had to pop in and say that today the HH got me the three CD set of ''Classic 80s Gotta Have Hits'' from Costco. Katrina and the Waves, anyone?
9.gif

(Kimi, seriously, say the word and all these CDs are on their way to you via Fed Ex!!!
2.gif
)
How fun, Dee! I''ll definitely let you know when I get music stuck and need something new to groove to.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
This is an old CD now, but I still listen to it when I get on the elliptical, maybe because it was my music from college and really helped me kick butt and stop being fat.

PINK-- Mizunderstood.

I LOVE that CD for workouts!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi kimmy! i had to chime in here when i saw this thread... i am addicted to zumba music! i do zumba (cardio latin dance) like 6 days a week now... and i have a bunch of the music on my ipod from itunes for days i can''t get to class. it''s basically hip hoppish kinda latin dance and it makes you want to move!

here are some favorites you can get on itunes, i am not sure who these are by offhand since i am on another computer, but you can see they are the ones by ''latin'' or ''latin dance'' or ''reggaeton'' as the style. you may or may not like them -- but def do the 30 second listen to just for fun. they totally motivate me to move it!

impacto (i think it''s by Daddy Yankee)
sabor el melano
zumbalicious (Zumba CD)
el kikiki
que toma toma
ya llego el verano
chiquilla
rakatan
fuego (kumbia kings)
shhh (kumbia kings)

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
I have the craziest mix of music on my MP3...from Bee Gee''s to Brittney Spears, Nsync, electronic, Frou Frou, Chris Brown. I''m all over the place - ha! Lots of upbeat, sing-along, dance type music. It keeps my going!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
All-time favorite music is Queen---Listen to the following songs and you will run forever: "Great King Rat", "Keep Yourself Alive", "Don''t Stop Me Know", "Fat Bottom Girls", etc....

Also, Mika has GREAT Dance/work out music (and sounds a little like Queen).

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Miss Mara, so nice to see you! Thanks for the song suggestions, Mara, IDOC, fish and UCLAB. I''ll definitely check them out. I just spent an hour fixing my iPod, I lost all my music and couldn''t find them on my hard drive so had to contact apple and have all my songs restored, so now would be a good time to add new music too!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Crazy Train (remix)..over and over..keeps me running!!

just looking

Rough_Rock
For me it all depends which workout it is for the week. I alternate workouts with heavy and lite weights then on my semi days off I do a small amount of cardio...bla bla...I hate cardio.

For the heavy weight days I use what I call "get mad" music...alot of Metal.

For my cardio workouts I use something with a beat.

At the end, I have my cool down period which I refer to it as my "feng Shui" time...hahahah.

The beauty of adding your own music is that you can see the times of the songs and within a week or so you will know exactly where you are in your worout. So plan your your workout times with your music...my thought anyways :)

Oh, buy your music online, you can purchase singles and you can use Youtube to search for music if your not sure if you like the song or artist....good luck

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my latest running mix:

Feel Good time-PINK
Sour Cherry-The Kills
Shut up and Drive-Rhianna
I''ve just seen a face-chekezie
Let it out-Starfaddu
A little less conversation-King Junior
more bounce in california-soul kid 1
Chris Cox Britney spears mega mix-britney spears
got your number-nadia oh
A girl like you-edwyn collins
he said she said-ashley tisdale
Let''s Go -Trick daddy--->best running sing EVER
Don''t stop believin-journey
livin on a prayer-jon bon jovi
don''t stop the music-rhianna
i kissed a girl-katy perry
Travelin on-dolly Parton

random, random i know....but it helps....now that I''m traing for a half I actually really like to listen to the harry Potter books on my ipod...the reader does great voices, and I''ve read all the books, so if i tune out for a minute its not like i missed anything, but it helps me keep going becasue I don''t want to stop "reading"

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I just made the most energizing CD..makes me wanna dance AND workout! Here are some fab songs that will have you pumped and WANT to workout!!

(Rhianna) "Disturbia"
" Just shut up & drive"

(Lady Gaga) " Just Dance"
(Pussycat Dolls) "When I grow up"
(Ne-Yo) "Closer"
(Metro Station) "Shake it" (who wouldn''t love this one!)
(Chris Brown) "Forever"

these are the ones that I think have the best beat on my CD!

Looking forward to my first "post-holiday" workout tomorrow.
36.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Try Pendulum if you want something upbeat!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
omigosh i compiled out these songs together and it makes me want to go work out right, too bad the gym here is closed right now, ill go tomorrow :)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the new suggestions! I''ll check them out, I haven''t bought any new songs in a few months.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I am a huge Beyonce fan and so I listen to a lot of her while I am at the gym, lately a few of my favorites are "Ego", "Video Phone" & "Single Ladies" off of her new album "I am Sascha Fierce". I also really love the whole "Step Up 2 the Streets" soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results