shape
carat
color
clarity

any PS vendors take GIA diamonds??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Do you all know if any of the PS vendors take GIA trade ins in order to trade up for one of their diamonds? Just want to figure out if I have to do a trade up with my current jeweler or if I can branch out and work with someone else.

TIA!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Occasionally James Allen will...or at least would in the past. But I haven''t heard of any other vendors doing it with stones they didn''t sell.

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
GOG will if they meet their standards, so will Wink but only if they meet their cut and other quality standards.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
thanks girls! appreciate it.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 7:40:05 PM
Author: mrsv
GOG will if they meet their standards, so will Wink but only if they meet their cut and other quality standards.
GOG will as long as it''s a shape that''s selling now. I asked about trading up my pear, but they''re not buying anything but rounds, cushions, asschers etc. I was disappointed.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 7:51:24 AM
Author: gemgirl

GOG will as long as it''s a shape that''s selling now. I asked about trading up my pear, but they''re not buying anything but rounds, cushions, asschers etc. I was disappointed.

thanks for the info... I have an asscher. Sorry about your pear! I would love a pear with pave to wear as a RHR. GL!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Pearlmans will do it as well.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
thanks mrs. S - I''ve worked with them before so I''ll pop them an email!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I know this is a bit old but GOG told me that they "do not take trade-in's on diamonds that were not purchased from us." Perhaps, it was their nice way of telling me that my stone doesn't meet their standards.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 7:51:24 AM
Author: gemgirl

That''s interesting, would never have occurred to me! Makes complete sense, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results