shape
carat
color
clarity

Timeline for STD''s and Invites

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
This is my first post in BWW!! My FI and I got engaged December 21st, and our wedding is August 29, 2009. We are moving to a different state in 3 months and so I''m trying to get as much as possible done before then. I have a question about when to send STD''s and invites. Since we are getting married 8-29, when is a good time to send these out? I was hoping to have our engagement pictures taken and use one of those for the STD''s, but now I''m thinking it may be better to just use a picture we already have to save some time. Opinions? Thanks so much- I look forward to posting often here now!!
1.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting married a month before you, and I sent mine starting yesterday.

I am having tons of OOT guests/family/and wedding party, so letting them all know asap, that they will need to take that Friday off before the wedding was very important to me. Also, it's much easier for people to plan thier vacation as early in the year as possible.

However, like someone said in another post... STD's are not mandatory and are more of a convenience that you are offering. You can send them out whenever you have the time!!

ETA: We didn't use a picture on our STD. It's not necessary.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Going Crazy,

Welcome to BWW
35.gif
. I hope you enjoy your time here and got lots of useful info!

Regarding when to send the save the dates (STD''s), most people use the six month rule, however, if you are having an out of town wedding or one where many people are traveling, some people will send them out up to a year in advance. I would just say to use your discretion. Also as far as using an engagement pic, it is not really necessary. I think some of the candid shots look more informal and are cute for std''s
2.gif

Good luck and let us know what you are thinking of using for std''s.

PS I would check out magnetsteeet weddings, as I know a few of us have gotten our std''s there.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
August 29th is Labor Day Weekend, right? If so, I would get those out ASAP since travel expenses will surely rise as summer approaches. I suppose at the very least I''d send them out ASAP to those requiring flights, hotel rooms, or rental cars. The in town people could probably handle waiting a little while longer.

I agree that a photo isn''t necessary to use on an STD. There are many outstanding STDs out there without a photograph on them. Or maybe you could use an unprofessional candid shot as dcgator suggested.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to chime in... Monday Sept 7 is actually Labor Day, haha which I realized the other day when I was falling in love with Sept 5 as my wedding date... haha so that''s up in the air again. But your weekend should be fine as far as missing a holiday weekend. It''ll just be the weekend before.

I''m glad you''ve got this going, b/c I need to know when to start getting mine done too!
9.gif

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
i''m getting married in july. i sent out my save the dates in the beginning of december because we have a lot of out of state guests who needed to know about the date so that they could put in for their vacation time early.
i plan on sending out the invites way earlier than i''m probably ''supposed'' to so that i can get a good idea of how many people i need to invite from the "b" list as early as possible. i am thinking of sending invites as early as february or march.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
GoingCrazy - Congratulations and welcome to BWW!
35.gif

I think that now is a perfect time to send out your STD''s since you are getting married in August! It gives people a nice head''s up and affords them enough time to start scheduling around your date .. especially nice if you have lots of OOT guests. If you do have a lot of guests who will be travelling, you may wish to send your invites at about 8 weeks or more out from your date ... If not 6 weeks should be good.

I''m getting married on Labour Day weekend - Sept 6 and we have primarily OOT guests. We sent out our STD''s in October and plan to send our invites in June or so.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I am late, late, late..mine are getting mailed out now and my wedding is June. Invites are going out 8 weeks before I believe. No later than 6, but I would prefer 8. But I''d get the save the dates out relatively soon, not a huge rush..but soon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results