shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling BURK and other old home enthusiasts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Snlee,

puffy~Your current house is huge, you have nothing to be jealous of!
2.gif

pen~That school is absolutely gorgeous!! I can see why you love it! Maybe when you build, you could build a tudor style? I''ve seen some gorgeous plans for tudors! When are you building?

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
LOVE the homes!! i''ll share mine, but only the exterior. we are still new to the house and have a bajillion projects on the go and i''m not ready to share the interior. it contains loads of original gumwood, original hardwood, and a beautiful floor-to-ceiling wood linen closet with original hardware. maybe i''ll upload a picture of that.

the exterior still needs a lot of love as well. the previous owners neglected it quite a bit. please ignore the lack of landscaping and the gross stairs!!

anyway, it is one of the original homes on the street. we recently did some research and learned that we are only the fourth owners of the home (built in 1932). it looks like a tiny house from this angle, but it is actually almost 1800 square feet plus a huge basement. there is also a double garage at the end of our long driveway.

i hope more people add to this thread. i wish i could take pictures of the original homes of my street. there are some really interesting properties around here. ours is one of the smallest.

tenfourhome.JPG

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
here is the linen closet/drawers. the picture was taken from one of the bedrooms. the bathroom is to the right of the storage space.

tenfourlinen.JPG

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thank you snlee and Puffy!

Penn What a beautiful school! I love Tudors too! We are very lucky that very little wood has been painted over. Would you consider a tudor style for your new build?

Thanks SDL I am in NY. We do has a nice piece of land. I am jealous of your Pacific Ocean! We used to live in OC. I think Laguna Beach is my favorite place on earth!

Hi Tenfour Thanks for sharing your house! I love it! It has great details. The gumwood is beautiful. Must see MORE!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful homes everyone! I love older homes as well. We live in a 1960''s cape that we have been remodeling for almost three years. It might not be as old as all of your beautiful homes but it certainly has a lot of character. I have an front to back exposed brick fireplace that I just love that runs hroughout the three stories of our home, and a neat staircase outside that leads you to the attic... We have redone everything, from the bathrooms to the kitchen, ceiling and floors.

Currently the interior is being stripped and repainted. When we first bought the house we did have it painted but the painter decided to caulk, yes he used bathroom caulk, all of my wood panels in my kitchen and baseboards throughout the house. I wish I could attach a pic to show you what I am talking about but my m.card is full. Anyway, that caulk then cracked causing a big ugly mess. Needless to say my home is turned upside down right now. Not fun... I definitely didn''t need this right now but what can you do. I will be happy when it is all over.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Tenfour, your home is really beautiful....I love all the details of older homes.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful homes ladies! I grew up in an English Tudor. It was an amazing house!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Love everyone''s homes!!! They all have such personality!

We currently live in a 1927 Craftsman Bungalow, love the woodwork and how bright the home is.

I just tried to pull pics off the computer and they are gone-arg!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SDL! We''re in Nebraska.

tenfour~Lovely home! THanks so much for sharing! Ours needed a lot of work when we first moved in, also. That is part of the fun for me. We have gumwood, too! I love it!! Post more pics when you finish your projects!
9.gif

777_LDY~I love Cape Cod''s! Fun! Bathroom caulk on the exterior?
33.gif
Sorry you''re having to deal with that. Looking forward to pics!!

thanks Tacori!

stepcutnut~I
30.gif
30.gif
Craftsman Bungalows!!! We''re in the process of getting plans together to build a craftsman style home! Take more pics and post them please!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Wow, love those tudor style homes.
So cozy looking.

iluvcarats--
awesome backyard -- so inviting.
how big is your lot? it look huge!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I love your houses! I have a HUGE soft spot for old homes! Not sure I could ever live in anything really new. I grew up in a fantastic Craftsman, I miss it a lot
39.gif
39.gif

I am young and single and renting, but I hope that my next apartment is part of an old home! Such character.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks lili~

Miscka~I also grew up on older homes. My mom got me started and now I''m having a hard time thinking about moving into something new.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your beautiful homes, ladies! I love older homes too; they just exude character!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine. It was built in 1940. It''s been added onto at least once, probably twice. The closed in area to the left of the front door was probably a porch or something at one time. It''s basically a nook off that bedroom, you step down into it. I''m using it for an office. There''s also a kitchen that''s been added onto the back, the original would have been tiny, and a master bedroom and bath added to the back. We bought it in foreclosure in Nov, closed the beginning of Dec and are trying to move next weekend. We''ve been doing a pretty major renovation, though most of it cosmetic, on a $30Kish budget.

This is the "before" picture of the exterior. It needed some painting love.

DSC04907.JPG

April20

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the "after". The chimney has been painted to match the window trim and the front deck (i hate that it''s a deck) has been stained to match the window trim as well. I haven''t taken an updated shot yet.

I LOVE color. I''ll post interior pics once everything is done. It''s a huge mess right now.

DSC04926.JPG

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks icekid!

April~Love the new color! Can''t wait for more pics! Sooo exciting renovating a house!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a sneak peak of the dining room. The paint was very neutral and looked nice, but I prefer my dining room to look like a little jewel box. I always do a strong color and let the surrounding rooms be more neutral.

Here''s the before. I don''t like the light fixture as is. I was going to rip it out and get something else, but then I decided to paint it flat black and see if I like it then. It has some interesting details, but the bronze color feels a little Grecian to me. I haven''t painted it yet.....

11-6-2008 077.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the after. Everytime I see this color it makes me happy.

The living room is going to be a neutral color- somewhat light- as it only gets natural light from one end of the room. I decided yesterday to paint the fireplace mantle the same color as the dining room. I got the idea from a design blog that features everything turqouise. I am obsessed with turquoise these days. This is my second dining room that has been in that color vein.

DSC04966.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results