shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s been in storage...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
...since 1994 (it''s been in my jewelry box and since I''ve opened it, I just keep trying it on)!

When I started going out with my bf, a few months into our relationships we were talking and he asked me if I would marry him...I said yeah...I was 18 years old and it wasn''t a proposal. But, me loving jewelry, went to a store called BEST (it was kind of like a COSTCO store where you needed membership) and put this ring on layaway - the set cost me $165. It is 10kt gold and I have no idea what the grading is on the diamonds. I know the cut is bad and all of that...but it''s actually very sparkly.

I have been with my bf for 15.5 years and I have been asking for an anniversary ring. I even offered to take this set, the gold and the funky diamonds, and get it customized to turn them into a 5 stone ring, and he told me not to.

Anyways, I got bored one day and took some pics of it for fun.

I actually still like the set - especially the wedding ring. I think the two diamonds are cute. One of the pics is shown on my pinky - I''ve gained weight over the years. Anyways...here they are.
9.gif

IMG_1315-poster.jpg

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
The second pic...

IMG_1323-poster.jpg

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
And the last one, on my pinky!

IMG_1327-poster.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a super-sweet set. And I think you should wear your jewellery. If your man is 'sensitive', you should wear them one at a time! Or... one on each hand!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
That''s a sweet story. How fun... It''s kind of like getting new stuff, since you haven''t worn it in FOREVER! I like the setting, it kind of has a Van Craynest-esque look to it!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
That is a cute set! I think you should tell your bf that everyone on PS thinks you need an anni ring too!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet story, and a lovely set of rings. I think you should get them resized and wear them!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

I thought it was interesting that although he's never officially proposed, and never wore the rings, he doesn't want me to turn them into anything else - and he won't tell me why either. Maybe he is more sentimental than I thought.

I should probably wear them, but I am afraid that something will happen to them and they do hold lots of sentimental value.

It's funny because the rings should sit flush against each other, but they don't and they are offset as well - the two little diamond ring won't align straight to the middle.

Not the best craftsmanship, but straight out of high school and not knowing a darn thing about diamonds...
41.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are pretty! I like the swoopy look to them.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I really like that story!
And I actually like the set, something I would have loved from my BF at 18!
16.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet set!

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
I remember BEST...I remember liking their jewelry, too!
I like that set, it''s pretty. It almost looks like "rose gold."
I think you should get it resized and wear it...

~Kat

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just this year I got my original wedding set that I haven''t worn in 20 years resized and reset with a nicer diamond. I''m so happy it isn''t laying in my jewelry box any more. At least get your set resized so you can wear it. And, I hope you go shopping for a new ring soon. A woman who loves jewelry should be able to wear lovely jewelry. Please do it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring. I think you should get it resized and enjoy wearing it again.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I really like your set. It is important to try to keep mementos like this, they take you back don''t they.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I love them! They do look like VC designs!!!

Hmmm...The anniversary band idea is great.
31.gif
But I truly do like the set, too.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh they are lovely! I love the swoopy design! I definitely think you should find a way to be able to wear them again!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
What a cute set!!! I think it is absolutely adorable and I love that the band has diamonds on it, too.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful story and just an adorable set.

PS: Is that a Maltese in your avator?

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
I think your set is awfully sweet. You should get it resized and wear it. Its so precious.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Now you all have me thinking of resizing it and wearing it...hmmm...I wonder how many sizes up they can go. I want to wear it on my middle finger so it will need to be sized a lot.

Thanks for the sweet comments. I know it isn''t a stunner, but I really liked it back then. I actually still like it now even if it isn''t impressive at all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask around for a good jeweler (unless you already have one of course) and have them add gold instead of stretching the band. It will cost more but be well worth it for something so important to you. I just recently had a spinel mounted in my original wedding rings so I could enjoy wearing it again. It''s nice to have something sentimental we can enjoy.
36.gif

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/26/2008 2:18:50 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Beautiful story and just an adorable set.

PS: Is that a Maltese in your avator?
Yes it is CharmyPoo, Chanel is a Maltese...I know you from the Spoiled Maltese Forum. I haven''t been there in a while. I posted a few things about a couple of months ago, but it had been years before that. I''ve been looking at anniversary rings, and I remember there was a thread there where people showed their engagement rings and I remember you mentioned this forum. So years later I go back to the maltese site and found the link and I have been here ever since! Small world!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results