shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Iwannaprettyone! I was curious about your w-prong studs...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey girl! I am trying to decide what kind of settings I might want for my ACA studs and I noticed that you have gorgeous w-prong earrings in about the size I am looking at and I was curious as to what you think of them now that you''ve had them for awhile? Are they comfy? And do they sit really far into your ear?

It''s either these or the martini''s, but I''m not sure I love how far the martini''s sit into your ears, and I am worried about some people''s comments that the martini''s can widen your hole over time. Anyway, I was just curious if these sit a tad further out...what you think of them now that you''ve had them a year...whatever you''ve got for me!

Anyone else feel free to weigh in as well especially if you have the w-prongs or have tried them! I''m looking at about .75-.80 ctw total.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
Hope you dont mind me responding, but I also have w prong studs,afterseenIwannaprettyones, and I love them. I love seeing the shape of the metal,they are very comfy and I love the look of them. But they are very different to the martini look,so depends what you like. But then again,the reality is only a PSér will ever look at your earring setting this closely
28.gif

35.gif

d2b
Oh, and yes, I know I have to post some picutes.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 2:02:48 PM
Author: D2B
Hi,

Hope you dont mind me responding, but I also have w prong studs,afterseenIwannaprettyones, and I love them. I love seeing the shape of the metal,they are very comfy and I love the look of them. But they are very different to the martini look,so depends what you like. But then again,the reality is only a PSér will ever look at your earring setting this closely
28.gif

35.gif

d2b

Oh, and yes, I know I have to post some picutes.

Yes, pictures please! And of course I don't mind you responding! I just knew IWPO had the studs and didn't know who else did. Do you like how they sit on your ears? That's my main concern as I don't know if I love how low the martini's "sink" in if that makes sense.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
I love them, and i love how they sit on my ears. but that is such a personal choice iywkim. I adore the setting from the side and am happy for it be be seen by really observant jewellery obsessed people
9.gif
. My studs are only .33 each side, perfect for my small earlobes, so cant comment on how bigger sizes would sit.

But if you love the setting I think you will love it. my understanding of the martini setting, is that it really is the most closest to not having a setting at all and the diamond seems to float in your earlobe, whereas I really love the w - prong and like it being viewed from the side (that is if anyone in real life where to actually get that close to my ear apart from dh
28.gif
).

good luck
35.gif

d2b

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks D2B! Mine won''t be much bigger than yours, so it''s great to hear that you love them with those sized stones.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bumping so maybe Iwanna will see this!
1.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have them, nor have I tried them, but I prefer the look of the w prong stud setting. It looks more comfortable.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 9:34:33 AM
Author: merrymunky
I don''t have them, nor have I tried them, but I prefer the look of the w prong stud setting. It looks more comfortable.

That''s what I am thinking merry. I have a pair of fakies I got over the weekend in Martini settings and they sit pretty low in my ears, which I don''t love on me...but I''m still not sure!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
All my studs are more like the w prong setting. I never wear drop earrings, I only wear studs and sleepers.

In fact, I wear sleepers in my first hole permenantly and studs in the other two holes in each ear. I think my butterflies used to be secured too tightly years ago in my first holes as the girl who did my second holes said that the holes were huge at the back and asked me if they had ever been sore at ll. Nowadays I make sure the backs aren''t too tight against my ears. I wear sleeers in that first set of holes to be damned sure I don''t let any backs dig in again in future.

I wouldn''t wear a martini style for that reason then...the holes are already large at the back, I would hate to drill through my ear some more at the front too!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Um, I LOVE THEM!
30.gif

hehe. Mine are .42 each. they sit perfectly in the ear (nice and straight with no droop) and there is no "sinkage" like you might experience with martini. I have the friction backs and I do not regret my decision at all. I wear them every day and they make me very happy
30.gif
9.gif

My holes have not been impacted by these beauties either, look the same as they did a year ago. No negative reviews what so ever.

ETA: If you need any additional pics (other than what is already on here) lemme know.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 10:46:40 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Um, I LOVE THEM!
30.gif

hehe. Mine are .42 each. they sit perfectly in the ear (nice and straight with no droop) and there is no ''sinkage'' like you might experience with martini. I have the friction backs and I do not regret my decision at all. I wear them every day and they make me very happy
30.gif
9.gif

My holes have not been impacted by these beauties either, look the same as they did a year ago. No negative reviews what so ever.

ETA: If you need any additional pics (other than what is already on here) lemme know.

Yay...thanks IWPO! That solidified it, that''s what I am getting. But of course we love pictures around here if you are bored!!! Glad to hear about the glowing reviews, they sure looked stunning on you in your thread!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
What''s funny is I just went back through some random photo from the last couple of month and you can see my sparkly ears in all of them haha.

You''ll love them and I have a feeling our style is much the same.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 10:56:11 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
What''s funny is I just went back through some random photo from the last couple of month and you can see my sparkly ears in all of them haha.

You''ll love them and I have a feeling our style is much the same.

Agreed. I love everything you picked for your wedding!
2.gif

Now I just need to wait a month to choose my diamonds...I don''t want to wait that long now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results